“Third year and still perfect” 5 of 5 stars

25% Off + FREE Upgrade
Ranked #4 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
River Vale, New Jersey
“Third year and still perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was my third year at the Epic, same club floor, same suite, same top service, new faces. My wife and I are celebrating our 20th and out many destinations we picked Miami, and out of many Hotels we picked the Epic. It is a great all around hotel, and the service of the staff from the parking to the room is what sets it apart. We saw old familiar faces like Gene the club concierge and Bonaldo who was promoted and is now down at the front desk we were happy to see that. We met new people and made friends, Oscar club concierge was superb and Lucia and Mark servicing the club lounge were amazing, my wife said management really hires great people who understand customer service something we did not see at other hotels in Miami like the Rtiz or the Viceroy. Bravo Epic you are on top and know how to stay there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
CEMCRAIN
We are so thrilled having you as our guest since our hotel opening 3 years ago! Thank you so much for you charming comments about our staff, especially Gene, Oscar, Bonaldo, Lucia and Mark. We are so glad you had an unforgettable 20th wedding anniversary and that we continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

1,962 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

i made it an extra long layover on the way back from the cayman islands at the Epic and it was beautiful as always. The staff is amazing. They are willing to do anything that you ask or even just thinking of asking. For example we were upgraded for free to the king suite and the front desk help 1 of our first couples debates about which floor we stayed on in 2009 by volunteering to research our customer file. We can't wait to come back. i'm thinking semi-annually is the minimum.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
jermlass
Thank you so much for your kind comments and congratulations!!!! We are so happy EPIC was the highlight of your honeymoon. Our staff is looking forward to your return and we totally agree: semi-annually is the minimum!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This was my second stay at this wonderful hotel and while I did not have the view I had on my first stay, I was still very impressed. Beautiful rooms, great service at the pool, front desk, etc. I chose this hotel for our meeting based on my stay in November 2010. My coordinators could not thank me enough for allowing them this treat. It really was great and I would recommend this hotel again and again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kbmarco4
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that we hosted another successful meeting for you at the EPIC. We are glad you and your coordinators had a great time, felt comfortable in your rooms, enjoyed our pool area and were very happy with our customer service.
We are looking forward to you next stay.
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at the Epic Hotel in Miami, FL (Brickell Ave.) June 2011 and it was fantastic. Very Trendy, Clean, Stylish, Fantastic Service and Great Food. The front desk personnel was very kind and informative. The ambiance was outstanding and the rooms were very clean, open, wonder views just superb!!! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates style, great service and wonderful ambiance. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Jreinoso
Thank you for your fantastic review. We are thrilled you enjoyed the ambience of our hotel, our rooms and views. We are glad to see that our front desk staff was caring and provided you with all information needed, to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable.
Please be our guest again.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is a top choice if you are staying in Miami.We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in early May 11. Superb location for downtown Miami, 20 minutes to South Beach,quality rooms,very good staff.
You can't fault the hotel.
Reuben the "Conceirge "was fantastic with advise for tours and local eating places.
We would recommend without hesitation!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Djhallett
Thank you for your great review and recommending our hotel to other travelers. We are happy you loved the quality of our guest rooms and were impressed by our service. It is great that Reuben made your stay as memorable and fun as possible, by suggesting local dining spots and arranging tours for you. We are lokoing forward to your return.
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband surprised me for my birthday and booked a suite on the club level (29th floor of 30 floors) at Epic! It is located in the heart of Miami with gorgeous views of the Miami River and the downtown area. The room was well appointed with desktop computer/desk in the livingroom, flat screen tvs in both the bedroom and livingroom, rain shower and tub in the bathroom, and a balcony in the bathroom and livingroom! The view from the bedroom was amazing! The bed faced a wall that was a full window from the ceiling to the floor! It faced the rooftop of the JW Marriott next door, which had a pool! We were tucked away in a corner room, so it was very quiet, with no noise from other guests' rooms. We had the feeling that we were in our own little world!

The club level has a lounge where we could get snacks and breakfast in the morning. We had a full breakfast at the hotel restaurant downstairs, but we did have some of the chocolate that was laid out the night before...yummy!

There are two pools, sitting next to each other. One is heated, the other is not. We used the heated pool and it was just wonderful! Service at the pool was just ok! The server apparently dropped a few things on her uniform blouse and didn't bother to change, so I didn't think it was a good look for such a classy hotel. Also, although there were just a few people at the pool, our server took a bit of time getting everything together-from having us place our order to delivering the order, etc. Also, as well, my husband had to send her back to find out what kind of cheeses were on the cheese platter. She seemed content to tell him she didn't know when asked. I'm thinking the proper response would have been, "I'm not sure, sir, but I will find out for you." Also, I ordered the chips and salsa, which came with chips, salsa, and sour cream. I later asked for more salsa and she never bothered to ask if I'd also like more sour cream...It seems picky, but those are the things that stand out to guests, especially one like me, that writes reviews all the time. It's the little things and attention to detail that make a difference.

Speaking of the service...My husband was not pleased, since he'd made arrangements to surprise me the month before and even drove down to the hotel to make sure everything was just right. Everything was confirmed several times, yet, when we arrived, the room was not ready, the Club Level attendant seemed confused as to whether we had a reservation or not, and the champagne and birthday treat was not in the room when we arrived, as was previously discussed and confirmed.

I had a massage at the spa, which was really relaxing and nice! They have a sauna and a steam room, which I used before the massage. The steam room was a bit different. It didn't get that foggy, steamy, like others, instead it was just a really warm room, with very light steam. There was a waiting room, which had lounge chairs and complimentary water and tea, plus neck pillows that were in a warmer and felt so good on my neck! I thought that was a nice touch! My massage therapist did a good job. I had a deep tissue, but she did it more like a deep swedish, which was fine, since it was so relaxing.

Overall, I had a lovely time at the hotel and would rate it higher, if it weren't for the service. I kind of had the feeling that they were relying on the fact that the hotel itself was so nice, that no one would notice anything else.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
JAmerican2
Thank you for posting your feedback from your stay. We are very disappointing and saddened to hear about the service provided to you at our pool area and club level. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you and your husband experienced. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay and that you felt comfortable and relaxed in the privacy of your suite. It is great to see that you would stay at another Kimpton hotel and we are hoping you will be visiting us at the EPIC again.
North Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

This hotel was top notch. The view was fabulous. The team cares. If you want something just ask someone. Room service was also above expectation. (Excellent) Pool was perfect temp. Hotel was close to public transportation. You can cover just about all of Miami from here.

Room Tip: When reserving your room just ask.