“When can we go back?” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
chicago, IL
“When can we go back?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I was here on a convention in January 2011 and reviewed it then. This time around, brought the hubby. With some trepidation, I was wondering whether my recollections and expectations of the " fabulosity" of the hotel would be dashed as I had repeatedly told my husband he would love, love, love it. I didn't have to convince him at all as the concierge at the front desk (sorry, I'm bad with names) escorted us to the Club Lounge on the 29th floor, introduced us to MARK (5***** asset to Kimpton) and then to our room. We were in a hurry to make it to our reservation to Zuma as our flight arrived 3 hours later than planned. Since we couldn't stay around for cocktails, Mark brought 2 flutes of bubbly to our room to welcome us to the hotel. We managed to change clothes in time, and before we headed down to the Lobby with the champagne in hand, stopped by the Lounge to thank Mark who then would not let us go down until he topped of our glasses. Zuma, in turn continued the great welcome, as the restaurant manager that I remembered from January immediately offered to pour our bubbly to Zuma's own flutes; I was ready for the usual "Sorry, you can't bring that in here" routine. What a great beginning to a wonderful 3 nights at the Epic--all done so smoothly and so well orchestrated.
Mark gave us gems of recommendations to our first Peruvian restaurant (mostly locals) and a very local seafood restaurant by the river. We wouldn't have found these on our own. He would have to tell you the places himself as I don't want them to get too touristy and to lose that local flavor.
My husband is already looking ahead at this schedule to see when we can come back...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Fpiesiec
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your stay. We are glad that you and your husband experienced EPIC service and that Mark went out of his way to welcome you and made you feel comfy and special. We are happy you enjoyed Zuma, as well as Mark’s favorite Peruvian local restaurant.
We are happy you are planning your next trip already and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed here, and the only place we will stay. They are so attentive to your needs, they remember your name, and well, just "Kiss your Butt". The rooms are beautiful, Food is great, Spa wonderful. If you have the opportunity to stay here it is well worth it. "B" you are the best!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
g-w-r3
Thank you so much for your remarks about our hotel as: “The ONLY place to stay when in Miami”! We totally appreciate your kind comments. It’s great to see you liked our rooms, restaurants and Exhale Spa. Thank you for pointing out the service received by our staff – especially by “B”.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards,
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We arrived slightly concerned having two young children in tow to this trendy city escape, but these fears quickly vanished as soon as we had handed over our keys to the valet and made our way to the dedicated check in for club level guests.
Although we cant compare to the standard rooms, i would whole heartedly recommend upgrading if you are able to. The level of service, food, drinks and ambience we experienced was like no other hotel we have stayed at anywhere in the world.
The team on the 23 rd floor work tirelessly to make you feel at ease and our children felt at home straight away.
We were upgraded to a suite and received champagne and strawberries as a suprise from the hotel for our recent wedding in nyc, which was much appreciated.
The pool area was very swish and trendy and my wife and daughter loved the pool, which is not really geared up for kids but managed to fill a few hours.
Computer and free wifi was a great touch also.
The area was great for us and although our first trip to Miami, was prefferred over staying near south beach. The nearby harbour shops were great for a family.
We will return to Miami and we will be back to the Epic every time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
cjh25
Thank you so much for your kind comments and CONGRATULATIONS! We are so glad you and your family had a great time at the EPIC and that you enjoyed our hotel, location and ambience, We are so happy your wife and your daughter loved the pools and they had ‘fun in the sun’.
Please be our guest again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Having been to South beach many times (The Delano) my wife and I opted for something a little less club scene-ish to get away and relax. I never stayed at a Kimpton property before and wasn't even aware of the EPIC Hotel until I happened upon a nice package deal on travelocity. We planned this trip with 1 day notice and this hotel got great reviews so we went with it. Could not have been happier with all ammenities from head to toe. The service was spot on, never too pushy but very accomodating when needed. We opted for the club level which was a minimal up charge and well worth it. The pools were clean and the poolside staff were also very attentive. The consierge's in the club level went above and beyond with all requests and the rooms were spotless. The resturants on the property were also perfect. If you're looking for a nice relaxing get away with just the right amount of service I would strong suggest EPIC. We will be back for sure.

Ericmueller
Thank you for posting such a fabulous review. We are glad you ‘checked us out’ and were impressed with our facilities and service, especially on Club level. We are happy you enjoyed our pools and guest rooms.
We hope you will be our guest in the future again and looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

My stay at this hotel was "Fantastic"!!! I stayed for three days during Memorial Day weekend and did not want to leave!! The staff greeted us each time we left and returned to the hotel, they were friendly even at the oddest of hours, and answered every question we had with a smile. I can't begin to describe how amazing the room was!! We had a view of the pools and the harbor that was picture-esque!! We can't wait until next year: We wil be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
slicnic17
Thank you for your “Fantastic” review. We are thrilled our staff service was right-on and you enjoyed your room and view. We are looking forward to welcoming you back – hopefully before next year.
Kind regards,
Jersey, CI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed 14 nights in a Club Level room -much longer than most guests because we change our travel plans - but enjoyed every minute of it.
The hotel is great but the concierge team and staff who looked after us at Club Level just made the stay that special.
Rooms are spacious and well fitted. It was the first USA hotel where we have been able to sleep with the A/C on - its so quiet. Some traffic and river noise, but didnt keep us awake.
The pool deck team were very good. Unfortunately the sun moves off of the 16th pool-deck by 3pm at this time of year, so you might want to get your rays in the morning.
Area 31 restaurant had a new chef and new menu and whilst dinner was good you certainly need to order several courses. The outside dining area has good views down Brickel Ave - 16 floors below, but sadly it doesn't face the ocean.
I was concerned about the hotel's "Downtown Miami" location, but need not have been. Lots of restaurants within easy walking distance or short taxi ride

Room Tip: Choose the King Premier Ocean View rooms
PJJersey
Thank you for sharing your great comments. We are so glad we had you as our guest for two weeks and that our Club team made sure you enjoyed every minute of your stay.
We miss you and hope you will be visiting again.
Kind regards, J
Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I stayed here for memorial day weekend 2011 and once I stepped in the front lobby, I knew I was going to have an amazing experience. I came with a group rate and I couldn't pass up the offer as regular rates are pretty high. I also didn't want to stay in South Beach and deal with the foolishness that goes on over there, at the same time be close, have a bit of R&R and enjoy myself.

First, I stayed in a city view room and the I was still able to see the ocean and the landscape of Brickell. Although it was a little noisy due to traffic and the boats during the day, it was okay as you can either close the balcony door or sit outside and enjoy the weather.

The hotel was so good that I changed my flight and decided to stay an extra day just to soak in the rest of the experience of the hotel.

When I return to Miami, I'm definitely returning to this hotel to stay. This was one of my best hotel experiences yet.

Cjhubbard
Thank you for your posting your feedback from your stay. We are amazed to hear that you extended your stay based on the service you received and the amenities of our hotel. We are glad we could create a memorable and enjoyable time for you.
Please visit us again.
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Been to EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!