“Don't even think about staying here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Club at Brickell Bay

You added The Club at Brickell Bay to your Saves list
The Club at Brickell Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Brickell Bay Dr, suite 104, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #114 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Don't even think about staying here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This place is filthy! There is actually a piece of spaghetti stuck to the wall of the kitchen! Really. This makes me want to use multiple exclamation points, but as the son of an English teacher I cannot.
Just to prove that this place is controlled by 24 year olds I will quote from the Executive Corporate Rental agreement which is prefaced by "Here are a few items we hope will make your stay more pleasant." I did not make this up! Trash Chute (this is in bold and underlined. My education is limited to MD and PhD degrees, and I speak but five languages, but I don't know how to underline and make something bold at the same time, so you will have to accept my description). Here is what it says. "Each floor has one for your convenience. Guests are required to bag all trash. A $100 cleaning charge applies if any trash is left in the unit, or any glass and hazardous items thrown in the trash bag there will be a fine of $500.00, for recycling in the lobby next to the elevators there is a door and there is the recycle container only bottle and glass no hazardous items permitted in the premises or in the condo."
I currently live in China, and I used to live in Kentucky, but I still don't know what the hell this says!
Counter tops are filthy with grit on them, and the glass-topped table in the dining area is covered with smudges and fingerprints.
This is the sort of thing that drove me to leave my country of birth, where some of my ancestors signed the Declaration of Independence and served in the first Continental Congress, and move to China. And to think I get all this for only $209 a night.
Will the last American to leave Miami please bring the flag.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We arrived later in the evening, and we were not aware we had to wait for a specific person to take care of the rentals. The wait wasn't so bad, but I don't think we would have gotten accommodations if we arrived any later. Only thing was while waiting for the lady, we had to continuously drive around because we were in the way of the valet, who could have been nicer about it. We rented a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo at a hard-to-beat rate, which was also nice & spacious for us. The decor and furniture were a little outdated. The bathrooms were large, but tub and cabinets needs some work. The balcony extremely huge, and we had an amazing view of both the city and the bay, which was a plus. Overall we slept just fine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I relied on Tripadvisor classification of this apartment as 3 star and rented a 3 bedroom apartment at the Club at Brickell.
This is a ONE STAR apartment
We stayed here from 1st April to 5th April 2013

Pros
NONE

Cons
Not a Serviced apartment
poorly maintained apartment
lumpy mattress
Broken beds
Broken curtains
Power sockets not working in most rooms
No adequate crockery
Electric oven not working
TV & cable in living room not working
No staff to attend to complaints
Car parking is on 10th floor
No wifi
Smelly and poorly cleaned apartment
IT IS A NIGHTMARE

Room Tip: AVOID this Place
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Minimumly clean. Furniture was ratty. No washcloths. Sheet hanging over old messed up headboard. Stainless steel appliances & modern furniture makes the pics look nice. If you take a closer look u see that it is not what it appears. Do not rent here. Location great but you are better off spending more & get a really nice place.

• Stayed December 2012
Manhattan Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

STAY AWAY!

i don't write many reviews, but this one is a must - i'd hate for others to go through this much trouble & headache!

"This is not 'hotel' service it's 'apartment' service", told me the manager, Alfredo Guzman. "From 10-11ish am to 6pm" -- if you're lucky to catch him there, that is. That and IF he decides he's in a good mood, enough to do the FAVOR of providing you with basic customer service.

Some other phrases of his:
-- "listen, I'm busy right now" (yes, attitude & all) - when i asked to see another room, because the first studio that was assigned to me was uninhabitable!

-- "i'm doing you a favor" - after waiting for hours for him to get back on a request.

a few bullet points:

- horrible rooms (i checked 2 studios) - COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE PICTURES!

- not fully furnished
-- didn't have a single spoon (only noticed after i came back from the grocery store with some yogurt).
-- had one filthy mug + one equally gross glass. THAT IS IT!

- dirty sheets, dirty walls, floors missing tiles - think "as cheap as it gets"

- NO TOILET PAPER - unfortunately i only noticed that after the manager's office hrs, when i got back to the room, later on my first night, after the office + dinner, around 9pm -- and guess what? i called, he didn't answer. voicemail, text message (he uses a cell phone) - nothing. after the front desk tried him a couple of times, he finally answered and said: "you can use the bathroom on the 14th floor, by the gym"

ABSURD!

Never again; wasn't cheap either, $200/night - more expensive than (real) hotels around.

DO NO RECOMMEND. certainly will not return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

This place was terrible! There is only one person who runs the rental portion of these condos. He only works until 5:00 pm. After 5:00 your keys are left in a box for anyone to take. We arrived and our key was gone!!! Even though I confirmed earlier in the morning. We took someones else keys, since we didn't have any other option. We left 2 messages with the answering service and no return phone call back! The security deposits were outrageous as well. Words can't explain what a disappointment this "hotel" was. I booked through Hotwire, so beware!

• Stayed May 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

The room is basic. Management is beyond stupid and inconsiderate. The rooms have no door handles, microwave handles, bathroom towel and wash cloth handles are missing. It smells like mildew throughout basic condo. Had parking decal in windshield and still got a big orange sticker on the window that stayed on my car until their maintenance man came to use paint remover to remove. Would be better off staying at a motel 6 in the hood.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to The Club at Brickell Bay? Share your experiences!