“It's true...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Club at Brickell Bay

Save Saved
You added The Club at Brickell Bay to your Saves list
The Club at Brickell Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Brickell Bay Dr, suite 104, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #116 of 130 hotels in Miami
“It's true...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

This place was terrible! There is only one person who runs the rental portion of these condos. He only works until 5:00 pm. After 5:00 your keys are left in a box for anyone to take. We arrived and our key was gone!!! Even though I confirmed earlier in the morning. We took someones else keys, since we didn't have any other option. We left 2 messages with the answering service and no return phone call back! The security deposits were outrageous as well. Words can't explain what a disappointment this "hotel" was. I booked through Hotwire, so beware!

• Stayed May 2012

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

The room is basic. Management is beyond stupid and inconsiderate. The rooms have no door handles, microwave handles, bathroom towel and wash cloth handles are missing. It smells like mildew throughout basic condo. Had parking decal in windshield and still got a big orange sticker on the window that stayed on my car until their maintenance man came to use paint remover to remove. Would be better off staying at a motel 6 in the hood.

• Stayed May 2012
Federal Way, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is not a hotel but a condo complex that rents out vacant units so if you are looking for bare-bones this is the place for you. To start with the room is tiny and cleanish but not very well taken care of. The floor in the bathroom had water damage that had turned to mold. The tub, counter-top, and sink in the bathroom all had some sort of mildew build up. To top it all off as we were getting ready to leave we discovered dried/washed blood on the sheets!

Beware of the fine print when booking. Parking has to be arraigned prior to checking in at $20/day. There is a $40 towel/linen charge, even though there isn't a housekeeping service. If you leave any trash in the room you will be charge an additional $100 as a clean up fee.

The office that handles the short-term renting out of these condos is only open until 6pm Mon-Fri and the staff that mans the front desk is separate from them and are useless if you have questions.

Over-all, just save yourself the trouble and book a real hotel if you are going to stay in Miami.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days, that was 2 days too long! When we arrived check-in was from 3 to 5, and if you arrive after that there is an envelope at the desk with your keys in it. When we got to our room, right away we knew we would be regretting it. The room was too big for the furniture there, no decorations and it included a small kichenette. The walls were in need of painting, the bathroom a good cleaning. The tile floor had been retiled over and whoever did it, did a terrible job, we could see the old tiles beneath them. The curtain in the windows were old and were dragging on the floor, and were two thirds off the cheap holder. I had to get a chair and tried to fix them so at least they could close. The closet door was off its hinges, the door for the hotwater tank had rust spots all over it. The kichenette was small and dirty, I would not of cooked something on it(we were not anyways). Oh they have no maid service unless you pay extra, we found that out the next day when we got back and the room was not done, so hang your towel.
They will retain money from your credit card or from your $250 deposit if you do not throw your garbage in a garbage chute at the other end of the hall, and it took me some time to find it. Again on the day we were leaving we found this out on a paper they left on the floor, guess they were hoping to charge us that.
The first night we were waiting for a ride in the lobby around 9pm and 2 females were at the security desk and wanted their paid reservation room which they presented the proof, but the hotel had lost it and they were now full. They were told straight foward that it was their tough luck and find another hotel, eventho they had already paid. Due to being the Miami boatshow week all hotels were booked except for the +$500 a night, so my wife got involved ( was a travel agent) so she told the 2 women to call Amex(who they used to reserve the room) and demand that they find them another hotel and Amex pay for it, which happened.
Usually we look at reviews and sometime don't beleive everything, but this time it was all true.
We took many pics of the room, and were going to post them, but decided not too.

Room Tip: I would not be able to even if I wanted to.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Buyer beware. This is not a hotel. It is a bunch of unsold condos- mostly studios that are being rented out as hotel rooms. There is no maid service (unless you want to pay extra)There is no front desk. There is no conceriege. There is no room service. There is no wifi. There is no phone. Parking is $20.00/day extra. If you do not take out the trash when you leave there is a heafty fine. The kitchenetts are not outfitted properly. We had 2 coffee cups, but no coffee maker, and only one glass. We had a maybe 24" TV that got only three channels, only one in english. Bedding is crappy. Fit and finish is the worst I have ever seen. The craftsmanship is so bad I am surprised they sold any units.

On the plus side, the balcony was nice, and the view was pretty good. Just know what you are giving up.

Room Tip: There is a parking garage across the street behind Brickell Bay that has $8.00 parking, but with no...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last night after having been on a cruise- all I wanted to do was call home. No wifi? No phone?! Went down to the front desk to ask to use the phone, the gentleman at the desk said absolutely what's the number? I needed to call Canada using a phone card- he says they can't call 1-800 numbers. Is that not the concept? Free calls? Apparently not, went to the Marriott across the street to use a pay phone - for free. Bathroom only had 1 towel. Hair everywhere, scuffed, dirty walls, closet door off the track, no Internet, missing closet door handle, dishes and cutlery looked like they had been left behind by past guests. There's no quick food in the area- we walked 20 minutes to find a Burger King- which had wifi, pay phones, clean bathrooms and hot food. Unfortunate when the local Burger King is better appointed than your damn "hotel".

• Stayed February 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My family and I had been awaiting the weekend of January 29, 2012 for over 360 days. We were participating in the Miami ING Marathon & Half Marathon weekend in Miami. I used Travelocity to reserve a room for 2 adults and 2 kids for Saturday night and Sunday night. The race would be early on Sunday and we wanted to enjoy the city before returning home on Monday.
Like most families, we are on a budget. We travel often (and many city races), but we are able to do so because use the internet to find the best deals.
We prepaid for our weekend using Travelocity during the 2011 holidays. We felt this would mean we would have more discretionary funds that weekend and of course we must’ve gotten a deal by doing this.
Unfortunately we arrived at the property to find an office that was closed. I had to wait for the manager/front desk for close to a half hour. He was definitely ‘put out’ and not at all apologetic for making me wait. I arrived around 2:30 p.m. He begins the check in process by asking for my credit card and id—nothing unusual. What was unusual was the lofty deposit demanded--$200. Remember, the room was pre-paid. I tried to get the fee lowered, but I was told if I didn’t pay it, I couldn’t stay. On top of this was the parking fee of $20 per day which had to be paid up front. I knew about the parking fee, I just wish it could have been part of the $200 deposit and not in addition to.
As I sat there, already not happy, I see he prints out the room receipt for me to sign saying 2 adults. I correct him pointing out my two children are staying as well. He proceeded to tell me the room didn’t accommodate them. He says, ‘You didn’t book a room for four, you booked the Queen Suite.’ I explained I searched on Travelocity for a property accommodating 2 adults and 2 kids and did not lie about the fact we were a party of four. The hour and half plus phone call with Travelocity began at this point.
The first person was very nice and understood my predicament. Multiple calls to the property ascertained, there was no other room that could accommodate us and he was unwilling to refund the entire stay, just the second night. A supervisor was bought on. At this point he is trying to leave for the day and I don’t even know where we would stay that evening. Eventually, the supervisor tells me it was my fault for not reading the description. She says the other properties are full and I would not be refunded for the first night no matter what. Now I’m mad at Travelocity as well.
I ended up having to call family to pick up my boys (15 & 16). They missed seeing us complete our race, my husband’s first ever full marathon. We had to stay there that evening or go home, personally I wanted to go home, but my husband had prepared for a year and dreamt about it a lifetime. I wasn’t going to ruin his moment any further.
The room was terrible. I will send pictures if necessary (they will be posted on Trip Advisor). By the way, there was a futon and sheets and some pillows could have accommodated my boys. He just didn’t want to help. The futon was in bad shape even peeling its skin. The room was dirty. There was no hair dryer, no coffee maker, but there was a kitchenette with a dirty stove top and nasty kitchenware. Even under the best of circumstances, I wouldn’t stay there again.
Lastly…After returning from the trip (which we cut short and returned on Sunday), I tested Travelocity. It allowed for me to make the very same reservation again (of course it was just a test). There is no description on the room. I didn’t miss anything. It was never my mistake. I was forced to carry my luggage down to the finish line in order to watch my husband complete his first marathon after I myself completed a half marathon. I was tired and exhausted and I was especially disappointed this trip we had waited so long for turned into such a nightmare.

Room Tip: Know that to them, the Queen Suite does not allow for two adults and two children despite what the s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Club at Brickell Bay? Share your experiences!