“Believe the reviews on this hotel,,,terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Club at Brickell Bay

Save Saved
You added The Club at Brickell Bay to your Saves list
The Club at Brickell Bay
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Brickell Bay Dr, suite 104, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #114 of 129 hotels in Miami
Canada
“Believe the reviews on this hotel,,,terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days, that was 2 days too long! When we arrived check-in was from 3 to 5, and if you arrive after that there is an envelope at the desk with your keys in it. When we got to our room, right away we knew we would be regretting it. The room was too big for the furniture there, no decorations and it included a small kichenette. The walls were in need of painting, the bathroom a good cleaning. The tile floor had been retiled over and whoever did it, did a terrible job, we could see the old tiles beneath them. The curtain in the windows were old and were dragging on the floor, and were two thirds off the cheap holder. I had to get a chair and tried to fix them so at least they could close. The closet door was off its hinges, the door for the hotwater tank had rust spots all over it. The kichenette was small and dirty, I would not of cooked something on it(we were not anyways). Oh they have no maid service unless you pay extra, we found that out the next day when we got back and the room was not done, so hang your towel.
They will retain money from your credit card or from your $250 deposit if you do not throw your garbage in a garbage chute at the other end of the hall, and it took me some time to find it. Again on the day we were leaving we found this out on a paper they left on the floor, guess they were hoping to charge us that.
The first night we were waiting for a ride in the lobby around 9pm and 2 females were at the security desk and wanted their paid reservation room which they presented the proof, but the hotel had lost it and they were now full. They were told straight foward that it was their tough luck and find another hotel, eventho they had already paid. Due to being the Miami boatshow week all hotels were booked except for the +$500 a night, so my wife got involved ( was a travel agent) so she told the 2 women to call Amex(who they used to reserve the room) and demand that they find them another hotel and Amex pay for it, which happened.
Usually we look at reviews and sometime don't beleive everything, but this time it was all true.
We took many pics of the room, and were going to post them, but decided not too.

Room Tip: I would not be able to even if I wanted to.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Buyer beware. This is not a hotel. It is a bunch of unsold condos- mostly studios that are being rented out as hotel rooms. There is no maid service (unless you want to pay extra)There is no front desk. There is no conceriege. There is no room service. There is no wifi. There is no phone. Parking is $20.00/day extra. If you do not take out the trash when you leave there is a heafty fine. The kitchenetts are not outfitted properly. We had 2 coffee cups, but no coffee maker, and only one glass. We had a maybe 24" TV that got only three channels, only one in english. Bedding is crappy. Fit and finish is the worst I have ever seen. The craftsmanship is so bad I am surprised they sold any units.

On the plus side, the balcony was nice, and the view was pretty good. Just know what you are giving up.

Room Tip: There is a parking garage across the street behind Brickell Bay that has $8.00 parking, but with no...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last night after having been on a cruise- all I wanted to do was call home. No wifi? No phone?! Went down to the front desk to ask to use the phone, the gentleman at the desk said absolutely what's the number? I needed to call Canada using a phone card- he says they can't call 1-800 numbers. Is that not the concept? Free calls? Apparently not, went to the Marriott across the street to use a pay phone - for free. Bathroom only had 1 towel. Hair everywhere, scuffed, dirty walls, closet door off the track, no Internet, missing closet door handle, dishes and cutlery looked like they had been left behind by past guests. There's no quick food in the area- we walked 20 minutes to find a Burger King- which had wifi, pay phones, clean bathrooms and hot food. Unfortunate when the local Burger King is better appointed than your damn "hotel".

• Stayed February 2012
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My family and I had been awaiting the weekend of January 29, 2012 for over 360 days. We were participating in the Miami ING Marathon & Half Marathon weekend in Miami. I used Travelocity to reserve a room for 2 adults and 2 kids for Saturday night and Sunday night. The race would be early on Sunday and we wanted to enjoy the city before returning home on Monday.
Like most families, we are on a budget. We travel often (and many city races), but we are able to do so because use the internet to find the best deals.
We prepaid for our weekend using Travelocity during the 2011 holidays. We felt this would mean we would have more discretionary funds that weekend and of course we must’ve gotten a deal by doing this.
Unfortunately we arrived at the property to find an office that was closed. I had to wait for the manager/front desk for close to a half hour. He was definitely ‘put out’ and not at all apologetic for making me wait. I arrived around 2:30 p.m. He begins the check in process by asking for my credit card and id—nothing unusual. What was unusual was the lofty deposit demanded--$200. Remember, the room was pre-paid. I tried to get the fee lowered, but I was told if I didn’t pay it, I couldn’t stay. On top of this was the parking fee of $20 per day which had to be paid up front. I knew about the parking fee, I just wish it could have been part of the $200 deposit and not in addition to.
As I sat there, already not happy, I see he prints out the room receipt for me to sign saying 2 adults. I correct him pointing out my two children are staying as well. He proceeded to tell me the room didn’t accommodate them. He says, ‘You didn’t book a room for four, you booked the Queen Suite.’ I explained I searched on Travelocity for a property accommodating 2 adults and 2 kids and did not lie about the fact we were a party of four. The hour and half plus phone call with Travelocity began at this point.
The first person was very nice and understood my predicament. Multiple calls to the property ascertained, there was no other room that could accommodate us and he was unwilling to refund the entire stay, just the second night. A supervisor was bought on. At this point he is trying to leave for the day and I don’t even know where we would stay that evening. Eventually, the supervisor tells me it was my fault for not reading the description. She says the other properties are full and I would not be refunded for the first night no matter what. Now I’m mad at Travelocity as well.
I ended up having to call family to pick up my boys (15 & 16). They missed seeing us complete our race, my husband’s first ever full marathon. We had to stay there that evening or go home, personally I wanted to go home, but my husband had prepared for a year and dreamt about it a lifetime. I wasn’t going to ruin his moment any further.
The room was terrible. I will send pictures if necessary (they will be posted on Trip Advisor). By the way, there was a futon and sheets and some pillows could have accommodated my boys. He just didn’t want to help. The futon was in bad shape even peeling its skin. The room was dirty. There was no hair dryer, no coffee maker, but there was a kitchenette with a dirty stove top and nasty kitchenware. Even under the best of circumstances, I wouldn’t stay there again.
Lastly…After returning from the trip (which we cut short and returned on Sunday), I tested Travelocity. It allowed for me to make the very same reservation again (of course it was just a test). There is no description on the room. I didn’t miss anything. It was never my mistake. I was forced to carry my luggage down to the finish line in order to watch my husband complete his first marathon after I myself completed a half marathon. I was tired and exhausted and I was especially disappointed this trip we had waited so long for turned into such a nightmare.

Room Tip: Know that to them, the Queen Suite does not allow for two adults and two children despite what the s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I travel a lot but not normally to the Miami area so when booking through Expedia I expected to find the quality hotel that I normally receive. This one was the exception. When entering I was totally disqusted but was told this was an upgrade because it had two beds.WOW! The beds had no headboards but sheets were up as headboards The couch in the living room was actually on the floor. For someone young this may have been awesome but someone older having to try to sit on it would be a disaster. The last night of my stay. one of the beds actually fell apart. The front desk sent someone up to repair it and it was nailed together for the night. I don't know that it would have been able to hold two people sleeping on it. Since this was a business trip I did not have the time to look for another hotel but I would certainly not consider staying at this one again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Location was good, two blocks from free metro mover. Had studio, one queen bed with kitchenette. Clean, security good, helpful staff front desk, very nice pools and jacuzzi, exercize and activity rooms.. From our balcony you could see city and sea. Room was clean, had towels and toilet paper. In our kitchenette we only had plates, coffee cups, glasses and butcher blck knife set, no pots, pans, coffeemaker or forks spoons. If I had wanted to cook, I am sure the staff would have got us accessories

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

Because of my line of business I travel a lot. Booking through American Express Travel, when I've read the reviews after buying a night at the hotel... I obviously wanted to cancel my reservation. Good I could not do it.
I even took toilet paper and conditioner in a bag waiting for the worst.
We arrived, reception is not big but efficient, they understood my doubts and agreed to show me the rooms first. What can I said I didn't pay for the Fountainbleu by Hilton.. or the Loews-Ritz... but was nothing -at all- of what I expected.
It was clean, kind of 3 star hotel, luxurious but a little run down, big, and comfortable (Studio). There was shampoo, soap, bed linens, and all the things this reviews said there were not included.
Also a stove, silverware, etc... they gave us this 2 rooms and they were really good. View Excellent to the bay and to the city... a little high for my taste (floor 36).
The Gym is as good as in 5 stars where I've stayed. 2 pools in the 14th floor with jacuzzi . At night with all the toll buildings surrounding the pool, each one showing different colors was great.
There was a stain not big next to the bathtub... that is the only complaint if I can say that is a complaint. We had 2 different rooms (each one with walking closet), and both were nice, clean and modern. TV was not flat screen, but... in Downtown Miami with 1 night to stay... the least we did was to be there sleeping. Also bed was not 5 star but more comfortable than a cruise line bed for example -they use similar bed linens-.
After going to hotels from Ocean Drive itself, to others in Washington ave & north Collins Ave &75 St. -H. I.-, I have to say this one is the best one so far.
The manager Alfredo even gave me a card with his cell phone, I had to call at 10 pm... he answered the phone...
Really do what AMEX told me... try it first... not all the reviews describe the reality even they help.
Not a 5 star but for Miami a heck of a deal for 1 or a couple of nights in Downtown Miami, remember is not a hotel per se, but they are very close.
A pleasant surprise for my family and friends.

Room Tip: Ask always if they can show you the room... just in case, and don't loose their key or they will...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Club at Brickell Bay? Share your experiences!