“great location and value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“great location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Very clean, quiet, great value for the location, shuttle service to mall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Dear mlfd,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you on your next visit to Miami.
Rick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I can write a book about how bad was my stay at this so called hotel ! From the incompetence of the front desk to the lack of water in the hotel after 2.00 am ! Very dirty an
noise rooms etc ! Make sure if you stay here bring some earplugs and shower somewhere before 2.00 am as well as brushing your teeth ,I book a king size room with travelocity and they put me in a double bed smaller room ! Your room will never be guaranteed ! STAY AWAY !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Patek12,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately, we needed to make an emergency repair to our main water line coming into the hotel. Our plumbing contractor was flexible enough to work during our lowest demand time, which was at 2:00am on a Tuesday morning. We informed guests via a letter under each door as well as a letter posted at each elevator on each floor. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and lack of communication during your stay.
In reference to the cleanliness issues you experienced, I invite you to please contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss the areas for improvement. At the Hotel Indigo, our staff takes great pride in the property and their work. I appreciate any feedback in areas where we can improve.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
Rick McKeown
trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Really nice hotel. loved the free shuttle to the mall .Friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear Ashley01,
Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to Miami and your stay at Hotel Indigo. We look forward to being your host on your next trip.
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

We picked this hotel to stay for our trip to Miami mainly because of the reviews we read. We were not disappointed when we arrived. Its clean, friendly , and great value, and nice area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear Lyrad194,
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and the cruise. Thanks for staying with us while you were in Miami.
Come back and see us soon if the winter is too unbearable in Alberta!
Ponta Grossa, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

We stayed for 06 nights at Indigo, besides the great location, the rooms are comfortable, clean and dont have carpet. The hotel staff was great, mainly Fernando, very nice and considerate. The option of driking a starbucks coffee at the hotel and very practical for those who want to enjoy the day in Miami without having to waste time. We indicate with certainty to all who avaluate this hotel, we had no problem.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear Sikosrki,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We value the time you took to post your feedback. I will be sure to share your appreciation with Fernando and the rest of the staff.
We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Miami.
Pacific NW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

I visited the Miami Kendall area for medical reasons, and needed to be near the Baptist Hospital. I researched many hotels in the area. Hotel Indigo was a bit more expensive, but it offered a free shuttle within 3 mi of the Hotel. It was near a mall, and shopping directly across the street so this seemed a good fit for visiting without a car.

I traveled with my daughter and we had a King size bed and sleeper sofa. We found the front desk workers to be very polite and attempted to be as helpful as possible!

We found the room very clean. The air conditioner worked well, though the first night we did not know how to adjust it (we arrived late at night) It was quite noisy, but after a while we didn't notice it. There is free wifi in the room and a nice TV.

We found the bar/restaraunt to be very small and there was no room service menu in the room. I had to go down 5 floors to get a menu to order room service. But the food was hot and very good, the night we needed to eat in.

It was very convenient to be able to walk across the street to a real Starbucks (the Starbucks in the Hotel is not really a Starbucks). There is also a very wonderful Bakery across the street. It has lovely international and tropical sweet pastries, savory pastries, desserts, sandwiches, and breads!

There were a couple of hitches. Though I made arrangements ahead of time at the front desk every time we needed the shuttle, there always seemed to be some mix up. One time I almost missed my doctors appointment and the driver seemed very irritated with us. Another time, he completely missed the resteraunt (even though we saw it and gave him the address) and it ended up taking an extra half hour because of turning around and traffic.

So, my advice is to be really pushy about the shuttle. Well... very clear over and over... clear to the front desk with time and address... then confirm with the driver as you get on the shuttle, then speak up if he's going the wrong way!!!

The pool was small but nice - though the chair only allows one to lay on their back in the sun and do not adjust.. Towels are provided in each chair. Coming from the NW, I wanted some sun so I laid on the pavement. Also, most of the pool area was shaded this time of year and I had about a 1 1/2 hr space that I could catch sun. This is not a complaint - only an observation and something for others to know.

The bed was not very comfortable - we both had backaches, BUT the pillows were GREAT! Also, the towels were fabulous - thick and absorbent and smelled clean. The toiletries were very very nice and high quality.

My only other complaint, is that the Hotel didn't have very good instructions or information in the rooms. There was a flip card with basic info, but no tourist info, and many things in our room we had to figure out ourselves. I like Hotels that have nice books with lots of information in them - restaraunts - shopping - hotel policies - how to work things in the room, etc etc.

All and all I was very happy with my choice. It was the perfect location for what I needed and though right next to the Hwy - it was nice and quiet, peaceful and clean. And if I have to go back, I will choose this Hotel again.

I hope this helps others planning a trip to the Dadeland/Kendall area of Miami.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Dear worldpainter,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the time you took to post your feedback. Our associates look forward to hearing from our guests' expereinces as well.
I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with our shuttle service. Our intention is to provide consistent service to all of our guests within the 3 mile radius of the hotel. Based on guest feedback, we have recently added a GPS unit for our shuttle to improve our service.
Thank you again for posting your experience on Tripadvisor.com. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.
merida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

On our second night we went out until late at night and plan to sleep late the next morning, unfortunately en the room across to ours a dog start barking at 8:30 am after about 15 minutes I call front desk and reported. They told me they will solve the problem, but after half an hour, nobody did anything so I call back to the front desk and complain again, and I was told that there was nobody in the room but the dog. I told the lady at fornt desk that in my room were writing policies about dogs that state that after two complaints the dog will have to be taken out of the hotel, but she told me that there was nothing she could do. I ask to speak to the manager "Rick", and he asure me that he would solve the problem as soon as the owner of the dog arrive. We were getting ready to go out and hear people arriving to the room with the dog (222), so I assume that the dog would be expelled from the hotel acording to the policies. I went out and came back at 5:30 Pm as soon as i open de elevator door on the second flor i heard the dog barking, I could not belive that it was stil there barking. I went downstairs and ask for the manager but was told that he was gone for the day, I explained to the lady on the front desk the situation and they changed me to a diferent room, they try to reach the dog owner and he told them that he was on a weding and could not come back for his dog
I can not believe the little interest the hotel has for its guest, allowing people to leave their pets on the rooms unatended, and do nothing about it even though that they have policies to deal with this situations, I believe they are obligated to procure a quiet comfortable place for its customers, wich they don´t do.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear TRAVELER0971,
Thank you for posting your experience on Tripadvisor.com. At the Hotel Indigo, we sincerely care about our guests' experience and comfort. We understand that while being a pet friendly hotel, we still need to be aware of other guests who are not traveling with pets. Our policy during the check-in process is to have the guest complete a pet liability waiver as well as inform us of their contact information in the case we need to contact them. We ask pet owners not to leave their pets unattended in the rooms so the pets do not create a distrubance for other guests in the surrounding rooms.
Please accept my sincere apology for not taking the proper steps to ensure your comfort. After speaking with the guests upon their return, we were assured the dog would not be left unattended, we secured a mobile contact phone number, etc. This particular guest ignored our efforts to contact them. Unfortunately, we do not have extra space away from the guest rooms for storage of dogs that are left unattended.
Again, please accept my apology for your experiences while staying with us. This type of incident is not typical and generally, our visitor's with pets are aware of other guests and very accommodating.
Rick

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!