“Good hotel, but cleanliness and service need a boost” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #54 of 130 hotels in Miami
Alaska
“Good hotel, but cleanliness and service need a boost”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

We stayed at the Indigo for several nights. We were grateful to find a pet-friendly hotel close to Miami International Airport. We appreciated the laminate flooring (instead of carpeting), and the large bathroom size. However, we were there during a cold snap (35 degrees F at night). When we tried to turn on the heat, the extreme amount of dust in the heating/cooling unit in our room started to burn and actually set off the fire alarm. We reported it to receptionist at the front desk, who didn't seem overly concerned.

The second strike was the fact that the housekeeper refused to enter our room to clean, except to leave clean towels. She told my spouse that she was afraid of cats. We tried to determine if she was afraid of cats in general, or of our (black) cat specifically, but didn't get an answer. (Our cat spent the stay hiding under the covers, and is not particularly fierce.) We were also at a loss as to why another housekeeper couldn't make up the room.

It seemed odd that a pet-friendly hotel would employ someone who's afraid of cats, and that no arrangements were made for someone else to clean the room.

We liked the Indigo, but more attention needs to be paid to maintenance (HVAC unit cleaning) and service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Dear Moura,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and comments about your stay with us.
The air units in each guestroom do need to be run on heat, prior to checking guests into the rooms to avoid this from happening. Even though there are only a few days during the winter when we use the heat, our team needs to be pro-active to have our guests comfortable.
Please accept my apology as well for not servicing your room properly during your stay. I have spoken with our team so that we can communicate better in the event this should happen again. We certainly should have cleaned your room properly during your stay
We understand that in Miami there are many choices for hotels to stay at. We hope, when traveling to our area again, we will see you at the Hotel Indigo.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Miramar, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The staff in this hotel are horrible, the manager is racist and the morale is low. They treat their staff horribly and maybe this is why the staff is angry.
I will never stay in this hotel again. The rooms are smelly and sheets were dirty.
The food is all processed pre-made and just heated before serving. The food is also very over priced. The location sucks since it's far away from the beach and basically all you have is Dadeland mall around. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Good luck!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear princesspaty,
We appreciate the feedback and comments you have provided in reference to your stay with us. We, at the Hotel Indigo take great pride in our hotel, our guests and our work. We consistently receive praise from our guests for outstanding service and dedication. The comments you stated are a bit surprising and not normal from our guests.
I invite you contact me directly so we can discuss your particular experiences while you were staying with us.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.com.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

The stay was nothing but pleasant. Very comfortable rooms, nice ambience, centrally located, reasonable priced, free parking right outside the front desk which is a rarity in Miami, good complimentary breakfast buffet menu.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Dear Travel_Maverick182,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the insight and positive feedback from your stay with us. The staff loves to hear about our guests' experience. I wll forward your comments to them.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Everything about this hotel was great except for 2 things.......They do not have ESPN. Being a football fan, I was unable to watch Dallas play on Monday night. Also they do not have TNT...which had the Heat v celtics game.

The wireless would not work at night both nights i was there, but they do have free computer access in the lobby which was a life save

As a sports fan the hotel is 1 star. As a business traveler the hotel is 5 Star

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Dear fsupilam,
Thanks for submitting your experience on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and comments. Please accept my apology for not having ESPN running during your stay. There were some technical difficulties with our TV programming. We do offer ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News and ESPN Classics in our TV lineup. Also, with the start of the Miami Heat basketball season, we now offer TNT in our lineup.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I usually don't like staying in pet hotels as they are not usually very nice but Hotel Indigo on Kendall in Miami was a pleasant exception. It was very clean, friendly, quiet and comfortable. The floors in our pet room were lamante wood which I thought was much better than carpet in a pet room. I was also very impressed with all the staff that all greated me in English. One of my pet peves in Miami is that the cubans address everyone in spanish first but that was not the case here and I appreciated it. The pet fee of $20 was the most reasonable compared to the other hotels in Miami that allowed pets wanted 100 bucks a night. Also one plus I enjoyed is that the water did not smell and taste of clorine. I wish I could take the bed home with me, it was very comfortable with a nice pillow top. The cons were no fridge or microwave in the room and no free breakfast. However we did have breakfast at their cafe downstairs and it was very good and reasonable. This is a very modern looking hotel. We will definitly stay here again when we are in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear OrlandoMoonbeam,
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hotel Indigo on tripadvisor.com. The positive feedback and great description of our property is appreciated. The Hotel Indigo accepts all pets up to 40 lbs. We also offer a Pamper your Pet Package, which includes a pet amenity basket and half-off the pet fee ($10).
Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.
Split
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Very welcoming, stylish spot with easy access to Miami Airport and a multitude of just-right services and amenities. Promo rates and free parking can make it an outstanding value. But best of all, the staff made me feel like a guest, not a number. Chris, one of the night clerks, went even beyond being hospitable: I lamented the fact that I didn't have a camera and very much needed to get a photo of something and without my asking, offered his cell phone for the job. The decor makes a big contribution too: Not just picture-perfect but "quality" details in bedding and bath equipment as well. Some worthwhile restaurants nearby (including a Cuban bakery) and of course the huge Dadeland Mall just across the street. If you're not in Miami for the beach, here's a winner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Dear Explorer34230,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and experiences on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the great descriptions and comments about your trip and the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I will be sure to forward Chris your comments and appreciation too. He is a great asset to our Hotel and always tries to make our guests feel comfortable. Don Pan makes a great cuban sandwich too.
Thanks again for your comments. We will see you on your next visit to Miami.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Three trips in three months and all of them were spent at the Hotel Indigo while I went back and forth to the hospital. I travelled from the Turks and Caicos Islands for breast cancer treatment, doctors' appointments, tests and more tests, surgery and radiation too.
My main consideration when searching for a hotel to stay at was of course proximity to the South Miami Hospital since my stays were from ten days to over two weeks at a time. I loved the looks of the rooms and of course the shuttle was key in my decision making.
I booked a room with two beds because every step of the way, I had family from Canada fly down to be with me so I wouldn't be alone.
The staff was friendly, courteous and always ready with a smile and a hello. The small restaurant on site was a real bonus for those days when I was too exhausted to go out and have a bite to eat. I loved the French onion soup! House keeping was generally pretty good although on one trip, our bathroom was in need of a bit of work and then also sometimes we didn't get clean glasses. Nothing too dramatic though.
We had a few glitches with the shuttle...........a couple of long waits for pick ups ( I guess they forgot us) even after we made sure we called at about 10 to the hour. The shuttle would leave promptly on the hour though which was good for making sure I made my appointments in plenty of time. The drivers were great but one was overly talkative and another spoke pretty much no English. On my second trip, I found out that small fridges were available ........ this really helped as I was in the hotel for a two and a half weeks stay. It made it more convenient to put in a few items and not have to head out to find something to eat all the time.
My one big disappointment with the Hotel Indigo was NO BATHTUB.............yes, I know all about water conservation coming from the Turks where we have an annual rainfall of 2 feet! I spoke to Rick, the manager and asked him to relay my suggestion to the hotel powers that be. The hotel has many guests that are in Miami for health issues and treatments and I suggested that they could perhaps make over a few rooms and put the bathtubs back in. I had bi lateral lumpectomies so a bath tub would have made things easier for me after the surgery. My last week at the hotel included radiation. I had a balloon catheter inserted into the cavity where the tumor had been removed. This was filled with saline water and I went twice a day for five days of radiation treatments. So for a week, I was not allowed to get anything wet and NO showers. With all this stress of breast cancer going on in my life, a bath tub and a long soak with a good book would have been a way to relax and forget things for a short while.
Oh yes..........the shopping. It doesn't get any better or more convenient than this. The shuttle took us everywhere. Dadeland Mall, Sunset Mall, The Falls, Target, K Mart and Publix etc.
Thanks everyone..........I do hope I don't have to return in the future but if I do, I'll be staying with you!
Cheers, Martha Morton

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!