“Hospitality Plus Good Looks & Good People” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #60 of 129 hotels in Miami
Split
“Hospitality Plus Good Looks & Good People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Very welcoming, stylish spot with easy access to Miami Airport and a multitude of just-right services and amenities. Promo rates and free parking can make it an outstanding value. But best of all, the staff made me feel like a guest, not a number. Chris, one of the night clerks, went even beyond being hospitable: I lamented the fact that I didn't have a camera and very much needed to get a photo of something and without my asking, offered his cell phone for the job. The decor makes a big contribution too: Not just picture-perfect but "quality" details in bedding and bath equipment as well. Some worthwhile restaurants nearby (including a Cuban bakery) and of course the huge Dadeland Mall just across the street. If you're not in Miami for the beach, here's a winner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Dear Explorer34230,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and experiences on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the great descriptions and comments about your trip and the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I will be sure to forward Chris your comments and appreciation too. He is a great asset to our Hotel and always tries to make our guests feel comfortable. Don Pan makes a great cuban sandwich too.
Thanks again for your comments. We will see you on your next visit to Miami.

310 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

Three trips in three months and all of them were spent at the Hotel Indigo while I went back and forth to the hospital. I travelled from the Turks and Caicos Islands for breast cancer treatment, doctors' appointments, tests and more tests, surgery and radiation too.
My main consideration when searching for a hotel to stay at was of course proximity to the South Miami Hospital since my stays were from ten days to over two weeks at a time. I loved the looks of the rooms and of course the shuttle was key in my decision making.
I booked a room with two beds because every step of the way, I had family from Canada fly down to be with me so I wouldn't be alone.
The staff was friendly, courteous and always ready with a smile and a hello. The small restaurant on site was a real bonus for those days when I was too exhausted to go out and have a bite to eat. I loved the French onion soup! House keeping was generally pretty good although on one trip, our bathroom was in need of a bit of work and then also sometimes we didn't get clean glasses. Nothing too dramatic though.
We had a few glitches with the shuttle...........a couple of long waits for pick ups ( I guess they forgot us) even after we made sure we called at about 10 to the hour. The shuttle would leave promptly on the hour though which was good for making sure I made my appointments in plenty of time. The drivers were great but one was overly talkative and another spoke pretty much no English. On my second trip, I found out that small fridges were available ........ this really helped as I was in the hotel for a two and a half weeks stay. It made it more convenient to put in a few items and not have to head out to find something to eat all the time.
My one big disappointment with the Hotel Indigo was NO BATHTUB.............yes, I know all about water conservation coming from the Turks where we have an annual rainfall of 2 feet! I spoke to Rick, the manager and asked him to relay my suggestion to the hotel powers that be. The hotel has many guests that are in Miami for health issues and treatments and I suggested that they could perhaps make over a few rooms and put the bathtubs back in. I had bi lateral lumpectomies so a bath tub would have made things easier for me after the surgery. My last week at the hotel included radiation. I had a balloon catheter inserted into the cavity where the tumor had been removed. This was filled with saline water and I went twice a day for five days of radiation treatments. So for a week, I was not allowed to get anything wet and NO showers. With all this stress of breast cancer going on in my life, a bath tub and a long soak with a good book would have been a way to relax and forget things for a short while.
Oh yes..........the shopping. It doesn't get any better or more convenient than this. The shuttle took us everywhere. Dadeland Mall, Sunset Mall, The Falls, Target, K Mart and Publix etc.
Thanks everyone..........I do hope I don't have to return in the future but if I do, I'll be staying with you!
Cheers, Martha Morton

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

Just about everything was wonderful about our stay at the Hotel Indigo near Dadeland.
The staff was extremely accomodating in every aspect. From the check in to the check out we were always treated like VIPs.
This is a former Ramada Inn that I remember was there 30 years ago. They have updated, upgraded and improved all the rooms to Hotel Indigo standards.
Nice bath products, coffeemaker and a very comfortable bed. The A/C and temperature controls were great. Food in the restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Edison and his staff were a great way to start the day...orenjoy a cocktail.
Free parking is also nice..
The only negative is the ingress/egress on to SW 77th Ave. from Kendall Drive.
Short driveway to get to the hotel...limited visibility.
Would highly recommedn this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Dear SRQgirl,
Thank you for the positive comments and excellent details about your visit to the Hotel Indigo. Our staff loves hearing from our guests on Tripadvisor.com. They always appreciate the feedback.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Miami.
Thanks again for your stay with us,
-Rick
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

This hotel was a finding in South Miami. Good access to US1, to Dadeland Mall, CompUSA is walking distance. Rooms are new and very confortable. Free Wifi inside rooms and free bussiness center as well as free parking. We stayed in 4 in a 2 double beds bedroom, I recomend it

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Amherst, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed here for one night en route to the Keys from the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area. Turned out to be a great choice. We had a king sized corner room, which felt a little cozy, but comfortable nonetheless. It did smell a little funny upon entering (like mildew'y), but once we turned on the A/C you couldn't notice. The shower area was a little dirtier than I would have liked, but that's why you travel with flip flops, right? This hotel offers free high speed internet. Some other notable features: the hotel has a gym/fitness area and an outdoor pool. In the morning, I took advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast, which was better than I had anticipated. All in all, I was very happy with my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is suppose to be a non-smoking hotel, but obviously guests were smoking, and the policy was not enforced. Our bathroom reeked of mildew.
Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. They put my used coffee mug back on the coffee maker, with my lipstick ring on it. Disgusting!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 4, 2010
Dear nurseshark15,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback.
Please accept our sincere apology for the condition of the room upon your check-in. The Hotel Indigo follows a strict room recovery process as well as imposes a financial penalty on the previous guest when we discover the room has been smoked in. I have also forwarded your comments to the housekeeping team in regards to proper cleaning practices of the glassware.
We are continually improving our property and this week we have begun replacing the bathroom tile in the showers.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We understand when traveling to Miami there are many choices in hotels. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Best regards,
Vila Velha, ES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

This hotel is our favourite in Miami when we want to shop. Dadeland Mall is in walking distance and the hotel has a shuttle anyway. Rooms are quite big and the staff is extremely helpful. Access to the highway is a half a block away. We loved it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, Rick McKeown, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 4, 2010
Dear Doffa,
Thank you for posting your review of the Hotel Indigo on Tripadvisor.com. I have forwarded your kind comments on to the staff. We are glad that the convenience of our location and complimentary shuttle was able to enhance your Miami shopping experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back ding your next visit to Miami.
Rick

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!