“Staff, Location, Rooms, and Amenities they have it all !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #54 of 130 hotels in Miami
prince edward island
“Staff, Location, Rooms, and Amenities they have it all !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. Hotel very clean as is the rooms which come with big comfy beds. The pool / pool area lovely and again very clean. We were not familiar with the area (this hotel is very easy to find ) but were happy to see that we were close to the Port of Miami, the Miami airport, and within walking distance to the Dadeland Mall which has absolutely every shop you could want to shop in. We felt this hotel truly cared that we had a great stay. We will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, Rick McKeown, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 4, 2010
Dear nclpei,
Thank you for taking your time to post the comment on Tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. The staff was pleased to learned of you positive experience during your February stay with us. We are looking forward to exceeding your expectations once again in the future.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chattanooga TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

I had to be in Miami on personal business for 12 days - a long time to stay in a hotel. I chose Hotel Indigo for its location and reasonable rates (I booked flight and hotel combo thru Travelocity). I have many kudos for this hotel. First off, the staff from the front desk to the restaurant to housekeeping to maintenance/shuttle drivers were friendly and eager to help me - at all times. I used the hotel's shuttle quite a bit as I needed on almost a daily basis to go to an address 2 1/2 miles away, and the hotel offers free shuttle service to a maximum distance of 3 miles. One time the hotel's phone system was down, and I had the manager's, Rick, card with his cell phone number on it so I called him to tell him I needed the shuttle to pick me up. I was apologetic that I intruded that way but Rick was very, very pleasant, told me he would have the shuttle come get me right away and even called me when the shuttle was on its way. Which is another reason I liked Hotel Indigo. It is a manageable size so you get personal service and attention to detail. It truly was like a home away from home during my stay. The rooms are clean enough with comfy beds, the breakfasts were tasty, the exercise room is adequate. The hotel is also close to plenty of good restaurants. Although my first impressions of the hotel were more along the lines of this hotel will be adequate, I grew to love this place. I will definitely stay here again when I need to spend time in that area again!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear susub,
Thank you for taking your time to post your comment on Tripadvisor.com. I am delighted that you were able to enjoy many amenities that Hotel Indigo has to offer. Your warm comments have been shared with the staff and we are looking forward to hosting you on your next trip to Miami.
Marathon, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010 via mobile

I've just stayed two nights at the Sarasota Hotel Indigo. Absolutely Fabulous. Miami-Dade. Not so much. Dear Manager Rick. You need to inspect the rooms yourself and speak to housekeeping again. I've changed rooms only to find both showers are dirty. Floors in the lobby and elevator are dirty. I seek out these hotels and this one was a disappointment. The exception to this stay was the efficiency of the lone desk clerk. She multi-tasked a lobby full of late check ins with grace. Pretty impressive!

• Stayed February 2010
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 14, 2010
Dear Weezy341,
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.com. Please accept my sincere apology for the condition of the room(s) you experienced during your visit. I have brought your comments to the attention of the housekeeping team, we appreciate your feedback.
We understand that the condition of the tiles in shower leaves a negative impression. We will be replacing the tiles in all showers in the coming weeks.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your comments. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami.
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

With in walking distance of a nice mall, an Argentina Bakery, and a few other businesses. Pool was open. Staff was friendly. On the down side there was something dirty-looking in the bed the first night we got there. We followed the instructions on the "save water" brochure that is becoming common in hotels to indicate the sheets should be changed. They weren't. We asked and they did change them but we had to do a lot of explaining about why we wanted it done etc. The shower was luke warm but never got truly warm. The complimentary non-alcoholic mojitos and cookies in the lobby each day was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 31, 2010
Dear MMMMmmm_or_not,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.com. I have spoken with the Housekeeping team to reinforce the Green program to ensure future guest satisfaction and I assure you the issue with the hot water has been resolved. At the Hotel Indigo we value your feedback and appreciate your business. We hope to see you on your next trip to Miami.
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

Location is right off exit 1 or the turnpike (easy access). Clean, contemporary from the lobby to the even better room decor. The staff from front desk, cafe and housekeeping were very courteous and accomodating. Front desk helpful for directions and suggestions. Bakery, jamba juice and starbucks are directly across the street.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 25, 2010
Dear VacayGoddess,
Thank you for posting your review of the Hotel Indigo on Tripadvisor.com. We appreciate the time you took to provide your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the staff and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Hotel Indigo.
Thanks again,
Phoenix, AZ USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

The service at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland was exceptional. The entire front desk staff far exceeded my expectatons for friendliness, attention to detail and professionalism. I would like to commend Lamar, in particular, for warmly greeting all guests as they entered the hotel. Though this was my first stay at this Hotel Indigo, Lamar made me feel as though I was one of their best customers.

The rooms are a refreshing change from the run of the mill hotel room. The colors and wall coverings are colorful, as is the upholstery on the furniture and the bed spread. The clock radio on the side table next to the bed has a really cool blue glow at night. And what a comfortable bed!! Boy, did I sleep really well both nights I stayed there. The room was clean and well appointed. Amenities in the bathroom included Aveda branded items.

I dined at the small restaurant just off the lobby and found the panini I ordered to be delicious. The fries that came with the sandwich were some of the best I've had in a long time. The pricing was moderate for both the food and bar items. The menu is somewhat limited, and I wasn't expecting the quality of the food to be as good as it was. What a pleasant surprise!

The location is very good, withing walking distance to the Dadeland shopping complex. It is conveniently located near US 1 and the Palmetto Expressway. The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is nearby as is Baptist Hospital. Starbucks and a bakery are across the side street, as is an oriental restaurant and and upscale steak house.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Dear lchitten,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.com. I have forwarded your comments on to the staff as well as Lamar. We appreciate your feedback about your visit and look forward to hosting you again while in Miami.
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

Looking at this hotel from the outside, I wouldn't ahve exptected much. It's an older building, but good paint and parking surfaces. It's in an area near a big mall, but not with the other hotels. There is a small mall across the street (walking distance) with some orenital, itilian, stead house choices. Also a starbucks and an international bakery. The staff was very nice and answered my million questions about the area and directed me to where I need to go. Internet in the lobby and also in the room- no complaints. The work out room was medium sized, but only had three pieces of cardio equipment (all working!) and some universal gym stuff. the TV was big and it worked too. I checked out the pool, but didn't swim. Pool area and pool seemed very clean.
The rooms are really different. If you look at the wibsite for this hotel, it is exactly as pictured. Floors are hard surface (wood laminate) and area rugs or throw rugs. Lamps and furnishings are very contemporary- and very comfortable. I had a fridge in my unit. The rooms were very clean, AC worked great. Colors are very unusual as well as artwork and wall murals. There is a small restaurant in the lobby, but I did not eat there. I felt very safe here (lone female traveler). I would stay again. It's very unusual in a refreshing sort of way.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 18, 2009
Dear roadtripper10,
Thank you for the great review of the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. The feedback you provided on Tripadvisor.com is much appreciated. The details of your review paint a great picture of the local area and our property amenities. Thanks again for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.com,
Rick

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!