“Adequate for short stays” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #57 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Houston, Texas
“Adequate for short stays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. Upon arrival, no one at front desk, but 5 people lined up. When we finally got helped, our room was not ready, even though it was 4:30. Front desk did offer us a comp'ed drink at the bar while we waited.
Rooms are clean, and the furniture is rather new. Lots of pillow on the bed, and a comfortable mattress. Bathroom has a nice large shower and Aveda toiletries.
Unfortunately, the building itself is older, possibly an old Holiday Inn or something. Walls seemed paper thin, and at night could hear the television and conversations from the neighboring rooms, as well as my upstairs neighbor's feet walking on the laminate floors. Window's are not all that well insulated from the traffic noise.
On the plus side, the young guy who is the bartender in the evenings is very nice, and makes excellent drinks!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the 2 lane street out front and are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Requested a microwave and fridge for my room.. They literally bring those to your room and plug them into the only available outlets. My tv was spotty. I had to move the console to keep unplugging and replugging it. My key card stopped working on my second night of my stay and when I went back to the lobby I was in a line behind 2 others with the same issue. Then I came upstairs to a broken toilet.

This room was relatively clean, and wifi is free, but these are the only reasons why this hotel gets the rating that it does from me.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just spent 2 days at this hotel and couldn't be more disappointed. I wasn't greeted at the check in station by the male staff until I had stood there looking at him for 2-3 min. As if we were having a staring contest. The room had someone's black hair in the shower, in the chair and on the floor for both days that I was there and after I had reported the incident the first night. There was also an old blod stain on the bedding the first night, that was obvious just by pulling back the sheets for turndown?????
I must say the morning front desk staff member was very friendly and said she would notify housekeeping, which I'm sure she did, however housekeeping clearly didn't make any significant efforts to reclean the room, just change the bedding and leave a wine and fruit tray. I would have much rather had a clean shower than a free bottle of wine. Our palatinum points were disappointedly wasted on this stay! I've had cleaner rooms at Holiday Inn Express,

Room Tip: Choose a different Indigo location.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Velvet J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns regarding our hotel. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at check in and if our housekeeping services fell below your expectations. Let me assure you that your comments are taken into serious account and will be considered when making improvements on our end. I am confident that our management will continue to do their best in order to provide our valued guests with a great stay.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Faith R
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We picked this hotel since it was close to my parents' house. The Dadeland Mall area has a lot to offer so the area makes for a great location with plenty of dining and entertainment options. The WIFI was free which was great and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was also very friendly. The room met our short-term needs as we were only there for two days.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Diego A,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. We are truly touched and grateful for your very kind review. We hope that other travelers will find your comments beneficial. I was pleased to read that our location suit your needs since it was close to your parents' house and our employees to be friendly, as this reflects our service culture and our ongoing service training. Comments such as yours only fuel us more, to keep working towards providing a excellent service to our guests. We hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again so that we can serve you once more. Thank you again for writing this review and for liking everything at our hotel.

Dianne L
Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

Have stayed here once before. On this visit (2 nights in December 2014) I was impressed with the front desk staff and their friendly helpfulness. The dining experience was not memorable - or put another way, the memory will not be good! The menu was boring Of all the Indigo brand hotels I have stayed at this is undoubtedly the poorest - nothing boutique about it! I agree with the reviewer who says that it is basic Holiday Inn with an enhanced price tag (I was using points!) On the upside - the bed was very comfortable - but beware of even numbered rooms - they are close to a busy highway!! The excellence and helpfulness of the reception staff meant 4 points rather than the 3 I had in mind!! Indigo should do better than this!

Room Tip: Avoid even numbers at the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

We chose this hotel since it was really close to family. From the outside, it looked dated and the parking lot entrance was easy to miss. The lobby area looked updated. Checking in was easy and we were able to request a fridge for the room, which they later brought up. The hotel seemed quite busy, with airline crew, as well as school sports teams milling about. The parking lot got pretty full late at night.

The room was spacious and updated, with light colored floors. Some of the things looked nice, but seemed to have poor finishing and fell apart (drawer fronts coming off, light wiring not tight and flickering). There was a little sitting area with small couch and a long desk along one side of the wall. A Keurig machine was in the room, with coffee and tea. There was no microwave, but they said we could use the one in the restaurant downstairs. The bathroom had a large shower stall and nice Aveda shampoo/conditioner. The small hall closet shared a sliding door with the bathroom, so when the bathroom door is closed, the hall closet stays open, but not a big deal. The AC got quite cold. The bed was firm with nice pillow top, making it very comfortable to sink in and sleep. Until the loud buzzing sound becomes audible, repetitively all night (and day as well). It was hard to figure out where the sound was coming from, but we deduced that it was the wiring in the walls that was connected to the elevators, which we were right next to initially. We had to change rooms (down the hall) the next night, which was definitely better, but still mildly audible. We had the included prepaid breakfast in the cafe, which had at least 4 hot breakfast to choose from (eggs and bacon, frittata, breakfast pizza) as well as salmon with bagel. The size was decent and each breakfast comes with a drink (latte, cappucino, regular coffee, juice, etc.).

The location was also convenient to the mall, restaurants, other shops, and the highway.

Pros: spacious rooms, nice shampoo/conditioner/soap, location, comfortable bed and AC
Cons: loud buzzing sound in room, no microwave, inconvenient parking lot

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear ltsao01,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am happy that you liked our location. On the other hand, we are sincerely sorry about the noise you encountered. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014 via mobile

We were absolutely amazed and very very happy with the service and location of this amazing hotel. The rooms were very modern and stylish. We received an exceptional service from Derick whom works at the front desk. This guy goes the extra mile and a half to please his customers, he is very helpfull and professional. The only down side that we may have experienced on this trip was the replacement of the wash cloths in the room, and for the rest none... this hotel is a must stay and is amazing

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!