“A Gem in Dadeland” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 129 hotels in Miami
Hamilton, Bermuda
“A Gem in Dadeland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here as we were on a strict budget and needed to be close to the train station. Indigo does not pick you up from MIA. There are far cheaper hotels in the Miami area but we wanted something a bit upscale for our pre-cruise stay.

The hotel is not as close the the Dadeland South station as I had hoped and we had to drag our bags for about 7 blocks. We did not know at the time but we could have called the hotel for a pick up but it would have been a wait.

On arrival we received a friendly reception and were in our room in minutes. The room was decorated in a funky, vibrant scheme that we loved. The bath was clean and roomy and everything worked fine. We were given a room on the west side away from the highway as there was no noise and we slept well.

We were able to arrange for a ride to and from the nearby mall and to the train station on departure the next morning. The Dadeland Mall is within walking distance but under a highway bridge and across a very busy street so we wisely took the hotel shuttle. Across the street from the Indigo is a small mall with a great bakery/deli where you can get breakfast for a few dollars. There are other restaurants but we did not try them.

I normally avoid hotel restaurants as there is so much to chose on the outside but we did not rent a car so we had dinner at the Indigo. The food was a mixed experience, my burger was great but my wife was not impressed with her lobster pasta dish as it was not hot when served. On the plus side, we ate outside in a quiet, wonderful patio area that was very relaxing and attractive.

This is a great hotel but I would be careful if I had a car as the parking lot was congested during our visit. Is is close enough to the train station if you wish to save a few dollars and aggravation on a rental car, but still have lots to do in the area. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side, opposite the highway are quiet. Chose the upper floors for a nice sunset...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I rented an executive room from thurs-Sunday for my wedding. I was very pleased with the size of the room as it was perfect and big enough to fit my makeup artist and hairdresser as well as mom, sister and a couple of other family members without feeling crammed. The room was nice and clean and nicely maintained. The bartender made me a special cocktail for my wedding day that helped me relax and the staff was very nice. The only complaint I would have is that it was noisy in the mornings. There were several times in the morning in which we were awaken at 7-8 in the morning by a man singing and housekeeping banging and making noise while cleaning. The pool looks bigger online in the pics than in person. Overall we enjoyed our room and would return again in the future.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We stayed Dadeland Indigo .It is a three star budget hotel .The staff were very polite & helpful .ambience was poor .The lobby was shabby & lift doors were not clean .Rooms were clean but small .The bathroom door did not shut properly & as there was no extractor fan it brought condensation into the room .The bed linen on day one did not look clean but the staff remade the beds without any fuss .Plus points are very close good shopping facilities .It is at best 3 stars

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear babugee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is lovely to hear you found our staff polite and helpful. However, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced. Please be assured that the feedback we receive will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My mom was staying here recovering from surgery. The location is quiet with a small strip mall walkable across the street and a giant mall a few minutes drive away. The rooms are adequate (standard rooms with good beds), but the staff could not have been nicer. While she was recovering, my mom had some mobility challenges. The staff was responsive, kept things clean and went out of their way to make sure she had what she needed to be comfortable.

Most surprisingly, the food at the hotel was great! I would get takeout from around the area and bring it back, but decided to be lazy the last night and just get food from the lobby bar/restaurant area. I regretted not going sooner. It was the best meal of the trip!

Also, parking was free. The other hotels in the area charged for parking, so this made a huge difference in the overall price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

On a recent trip to South Miami I stayed here and was quite surprised at this little gem tucked away near the Dadeland Mall. I'm not a big shopper, but those who are would be hard pressed to find a better location.

The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet, even with being on the ground floor. Staff were very helpful and friendly and the general vibe of the place felt more Euro than Miami, which to me was a plus. There is a kind of cafe in the lobby area that looked quite inviting but I wasn't able to try any of its fare. The smooth contemporary urban feel of the place was a real plus. Price and cleanliness very good. An excellent antidote to the cookie-cutter feel of the chains.

There is a pool and garden area, as well as meeting rooms for business travelers. The location is next to a busy road, North Kendall Drive, but the landscaping does a great job of filtering out the visual and audible clutter going 24/7 on Kendall. All in all, a great place to stay in South Miami and I will do so again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you're in and out a lot, the ground floor rooms are surprisingly quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night to do some shopping locally. It was very nice in appearance and the staff was friendly. Was a little difficult finding the ice machines and the elevator was a bit slow, but those aren't deal breakers. In the room there were hard floors instead of carpets, which was nice and probably easier to maintain. The bed was a bit too firm for my liking and my sheets and pillow cases had some stains on them. However, the room was updated and clean. I have stayed in other hotels in the Dadeland area and will definitely consider coming back to this one in the future.

Room Tip: If you don't mind a bit of a slow elevator, get a higher up floor. Also, the lobby smelled a bit...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed here a couple of months ago. I was pleased with the room and the staff were very friendly. My room was nice and had the best internet connection that I have seen at a hotel in a long time.
The only issue I had was that the parking lot was a little tight especially when the hotel is busy, and the bar area is not that big. Just a couple of seats if that. With that said however, I am staying there again this week so i liked it well enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!