“Goid business hotel with thin walls” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Miami
London, England, United Kingdom
“Goid business hotel with thin walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights on business trip. Good location consideeing my office is few miles away as hotel provides free shuttle within 3 miles radius. It runs at every hour and it can both drop and pick up. Hotel is oppositeefew shops including T J Maxx and couple of restaurants. Also 10 min walk away from Dadeland shopping centre with all you can possibly need and more. I would recommend going with a shuttle though as Americans don't walk like anywhere and never. Being alone walking can make you look back few times across your shoulder and streets are so large they r risky to cross.
Rooms are equipped with all u need for business trip coffe facilities (although I couldn't work them out lol)ironing board+ iron, toiletries and HBO! Walls r really thin though. .I hadto once knock on the wall behind to give a sign tv I
is too loud. You can hear ppl speak etc. Beds r amazing!Breakfast is bit of a joke with free toasts and pastries offered but coffee was good. Restaurant is v small and doesn't always have space.
Staff is great and very tentative.
I would recommend if on budget and if you are armed in ear plugs.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Parts of the Indigo were being renovated (pool, etc.) so we didn't see everything. The rooms had recently been renovated and are very nice, roomy and quiet. They are modern in style. The bathrooms and showers were superb and squeaky clean. They have a snack/breakfast bar in the lobby. The food served was actually pretty good. The hotel is very convenient to business and, of course, the Dadeland Mall. I enjoyed my stay and will return when the renovations are complete.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Great location for meetings shopping and airport. Newly renovated with very comfortable beds and rooms compare with Hilton Garden Inn. Snack bar with breakfast and sandwiches. Voucher purchased in advance will give a better price. Only downfall was housekeeping missed cleaning the portable shelf in the bathroom. We complained twice. Then still no results.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Lpgreear,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the housekeeping service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We truly appreciate the kind comments about beds and the room. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
metro area Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We have stayed at the Indigo Dadeland many times for at least 10 days each time and have been pleased every time!. We always requested a microwave and refrigerator and got them very quickly, The staff has always been nice and very cooperative, the rooms have been good and clean, and the beds are great. I normally don't comment on other people's reviews, however, I will make this one exception. We've never experienced ANY of the things other people have complained about!! ---noise, smells, food area, etc.??? And, the rooms are not small. Unless the complaining people live in a barn, the rooms are large compared to some hotels. And I am not a novice at staying in hotels. We have stayed at the Omni Times Square Hotel, nice hotel but very small lobby- expensive! $1200.00 for 3 nights - to have fights outside on the sidewalk, not comforting, but it's New York City, no shocker there; and the Palmer House Hotel in Chicago for 4 nights, very nice hotel, but we listened to people's conversations and their dog barking all night in the next room--paper thin walls. These are top-rated hotels--not boutique hotels (Indigo,) which are smaller and A LOT less expensive--and don't claim to be the Fontainebleau or Eden Roc. I'm from Miami and the Indigo is close to everything for me, the price is right and we don't stay in the hotel all day--we're out and about. I agree, if you want perfection go to the Fountainebleau or Eden Roc on Miami Beach, but wait... they only got 4 stars out of 5--because people complained about the noise inside the hotels, the service, everything was so expensive, etc. And the same with SoBe hotels, they had the same complaints that people had about the Indigo. Look up the reviews. So, no matter how much money you spend, no place is perfect. We will continue to stay at the Indigo because we like it and are not looking for perfection--just a nice, clean place to stay with a good location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stay here fairly regularly.

Pros:
- Good location
- Priced right for the quality (see cons)
- Comfortable beds
- Friendly staff (with a couple exceptions)

Cons:
- Construction is really loud and smelly at times - last time we stayed we had to change rooms due to a strong smell of glue and lacquer coming from a new microwave stand in the room.
- Rooms are really tired, wallpaper peeling, tile and grout in bathrooms cracked, ceilings in bathroom peeling from steam, nicked furniture, etc.
- Pool area is adjacent to Kendall and traffic noise is LOUD. No outside service of food or drinks. Pool furniture is frequently dirty.
- Tiny bar/dining area and sporadic service
- BIGGEST complaint - the kitchen for the downstairs restaurant is not vented to the outside, which means that smoke and cooking smells - which are quite strong! - permeate throughout the downstairs two floors in the evenings, and the smell even rides up the elevator shafts. I'm amazed that this isn't a safety violation and it definitely detracts from the hotel. I've been told people complain about this all the time and the manager has refused any changes.

Overall, if you need a clean, reasonably priced place to stay near Kendall with a good staff and decent accommodations, and intermittent noise and smells don't bother you, this hotel is fine. But don't expect any sort of luxury experience. We hope they improve the quality.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor to avoid road noise and kitchen smells
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Julie K,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to the condition of your room and other public spaces. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to us and we are confident that the hotel management will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here two nights after our cruise. We wanted to end our vacation with some shopping and that is the reason why we picked the hotel.

Rooms were nice and internet connection was very good.

Staff was very helpful and we used the free shuttle to go to the Dadeland mall as well as The Falls.

It was a good service with tge free shuttle bu ve aware that the agreed pickup time is flexible. We waited 30 minutes for our booked pickup but no complaints it was a free shuttle.

The pool was under construction and the location of the pool not so nice so I don't think we would gave used it anyway.

We didn't try the breakfast neither dinner.

I think it is a good spot for one night if you are interested in shopping. If you are staying longer I would rather pick something at South Beach (which we did before our cruise).

Stayed January 2014
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations. As you discovered our location has the best shopping in Florida. Furthermore, we're delighted to inform you that the pool area is undergoing a complete renovation which will feature cabanas and waterfalls. We appreciate your business and I hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you to the Miami area.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Positive:
Good price point
Room are nice and the hotel pictures are very representative of the actual rooms
Beds are very comfortable; way more comfortable than a Hampton Inn
Staff is pleasant
Free hotel shuttle to the Dadeland Mall
Shower had great water pressure
Very convenient to the highway (if you're driving, it's easy to find parking as well)

Negative:
The hallways smelled like urine and pool water
Nasty stains on the carpet in the hallway - 2nd floor
Construction woke us up early - would have been okay with it if the hotel warned us in advanced or at least apologized for the noise
Hotel staff are not customer service oriented; it took me forever to check in because they couldn't find my name;
Room service cleaned the rooms, but didn't restock with any towels...none! When I asked about getting towels the front desk told me that they hadn't cleaned my room yet. I responded that ghosts must have cleaned and made up my bed then...I had to ask for towels multiple times to get them and they still didn't bring the amount requested.

Overall - if you can stay at a nicer hotel and pay a little more I would suggest it. It is definitely better than a Hampton in or Residence Inn, so I guess it's okay for the value. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your candid feedback concerning your experience at our hotel. As you can imagine, I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with your accommodations. That said I can tell you that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation and that the corridor carpets are being replaced this week. Furthermore, I am particularly concerned with the fact that you found our staff to be less than hospitable. I will be honest to say that it did come as a surprise to me as this is certainly not a typical response from our guests. I can assure you that guest satisfaction of each and every one of our guests is our number one priority. I hope that you will consider returning to our hotel when you have occasion to visit Miami again. We appreciate your business and we welcome the opportunity to restore a more favorable impression of our hotel.

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!