“Choose another hotel if you can...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #59 of 129 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Choose another hotel if you can...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Positive:
Good price point
Room are nice and the hotel pictures are very representative of the actual rooms
Beds are very comfortable; way more comfortable than a Hampton Inn
Staff is pleasant
Free hotel shuttle to the Dadeland Mall
Shower had great water pressure
Very convenient to the highway (if you're driving, it's easy to find parking as well)

Negative:
The hallways smelled like urine and pool water
Nasty stains on the carpet in the hallway - 2nd floor
Construction woke us up early - would have been okay with it if the hotel warned us in advanced or at least apologized for the noise
Hotel staff are not customer service oriented; it took me forever to check in because they couldn't find my name;
Room service cleaned the rooms, but didn't restock with any towels...none! When I asked about getting towels the front desk told me that they hadn't cleaned my room yet. I responded that ghosts must have cleaned and made up my bed then...I had to ask for towels multiple times to get them and they still didn't bring the amount requested.

Overall - if you can stay at a nicer hotel and pay a little more I would suggest it. It is definitely better than a Hampton in or Residence Inn, so I guess it's okay for the value. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your candid feedback concerning your experience at our hotel. As you can imagine, I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with your accommodations. That said I can tell you that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation and that the corridor carpets are being replaced this week. Furthermore, I am particularly concerned with the fact that you found our staff to be less than hospitable. I will be honest to say that it did come as a surprise to me as this is certainly not a typical response from our guests. I can assure you that guest satisfaction of each and every one of our guests is our number one priority. I hope that you will consider returning to our hotel when you have occasion to visit Miami again. We appreciate your business and we welcome the opportunity to restore a more favorable impression of our hotel.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
ATL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights between Christmas and New Year's Eve while visiting Miami to see family and friends. The hotel was well-located for the places I was going to go to which ranged from the coast to west Kendall. So it was in a central spot with quick access to the highway and US 1.

The hotel is in an older building that has been renovated. It still feels a little bit aged but at least they have made the attempt to give it a complete update. The effort pays off the best with the beds - very comfortable!! Other than that, the room decor was simple *but functional) as was the bathroom. The bathroom and room were cleaned well.

The hotel has a small bar/cafe. Across the side street where the hotel is you can find a Don Pan (delicious bakery, breakfast, lunch) and a Starbucks so with minimal walking, you have other quick options. Across the main road is Dadeland Mall where you can find just about anything for shopping and eating so well located for that.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Internet was free and I did not experience any issues at all connecting.

On the 31st of Dec, a morning I was hoping to sleep a little longer (to be rested for the evening's events), a leaf blower started going at 7:30AM. I decided to lay in bed and hope it'd go away in a couple of minutes. At 7:40AM, it was still roaring so I called guest services were the lady told me "they normally start at 7AM" - as if I was supposed to be grateful they had delayed until 7:30AM. The number one thing a hotel should provide is good quality of sleep. The bed, sheets, and pillows clearly are one aspect of that as is the room itself (temperature, smell, curtains that block the light, etc.). Quiet is another part of this and it seems this hotel either doesn't think about this or expects all their guests to be sound sleepers. Being close to the highway was not an issue for me but I was in a room on the other side of the building. Seems (from reading another post here) it is either highway noise or leaf blower noise.

My advice is, if you are not a sound sleeper, that you call ahead and find out their leaf blower schedule or find another place to stay at. If this part is not an issue for you, this is a convenient place to stay. I will likely not return here as if they don't get all the elements of a good stay, I'd rather find a place that does. It is unfortunate as it has a good location and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid feedback, concerning your experience at our hotel. I can totally empathize with you on your frustration with the outside noise. Please know that guest satisfaction has always been and continues to be our number one priorty. We certainly want all of our guests to be comfortable, and do our best to strive for this. I hope that you will consider returning to the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland when you have occasion to visit Miami as this will allow us another opportunity to restore a more favorable impression of our hospitality and service.
hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nice enough hotel but request a room on the non-interstate side of the building & make sure you're room isn't right next to the elevator, there's loud elevator motor noise up & down all night long. Pillows & bed cover had stains, towels were visibly worn & tired. Great locaton, lots of shopping & great eating around.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator & highway side of the building. Pool was closed, hotel is surrounded by...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Natalyus,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the conditions of the linen in the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were glad to see the high score for the Rooms. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I normally stay at Hampton Inn but they were full so I had to use this hotel instead. The furniture in the room is modern but the rooms are extremely small. Additionally the internet connection was poor, however if you are there to spend a night and not fussy about room size or internet then it is not a bad choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. As you can imagine, I was disappointed to read that you were not happy with your accommodations. I can report that since your stay with us, the hotel has undergone an extensive upgrade to the internet service. I hope that you will consider returning to our hotel when you have occasion to visit Miami again. We appreciate your business and we would welcome the opportunity to restore a more favorable impression of our hotel.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I recently had an 8 night stay at this hotel. I booked this location as it was reasonably priced and in a central location as I had a variety of areas of Miami to visit during my trip. The rooms were decent and in line with the price but you could hear every single noise from the neighbouring units. We were disturbed during our sleep on multiple occasions due to noise from other hotel rooms - we could even hear word for word what the people next to us were saying and they seemed to be speaking at a normal level.

The internet service was awful. We were only able to connect from our room on 1 of the 9 days that we were there, otherwise we had to go in the hallway or the lobby to use the internet. I did use the gym on multiple occasions which was clean and had the necessary (and working) equipment, the best feature of this hotel.

We also booked two queen beds and only got two double beds and received no apology from the front desk staff, we were simply told that they had no queen or king rooms available.

Considering there are so many hotels in Miami, I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear The_Real_Glam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Clearwater, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I never have given any place a bad review on this site. But, we had a very bad impression very quickly. We checked in, & were given a coupon for 1 free drink at the bar off the lobby area. We checked out our room, left the luggage there & immediately went to the bar. There were no other guests there but the bartender saw us come in & sit down. He quickly disappeared. We waited and waited, but he didn't return. We got fed up & as we were getting off the barstools, he came out & asked if he could help us. Too late! While our room was OK, the air-conditioning gave us trouble and was very noisy. In addition, our room was facing Kendall drive & in the early morning the buses & traffic got very noisy. To boot, the shower provided very little water & water pressure.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Roberta T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service in the bar and the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We appreciate your high score for Cleanliness. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo for 3 nights in early part of November. Hotel is clean, the rooms are modern and the service is really good. It is a smaller hotel but they offer Aveda products.. nice touch. My husband lost his bank card in the room and after several calls looked like all hope was lost.. however we returned for one last night and asked a housekeeper to take another look at the room again.. THEY FOUND IT under the bed... what a blessing. We stayed at the hotel by recommendation from Baptist hospital and we were very pleased, the shuttle was convenient to take to you restaurants at night or the mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations, and that our housekeeping supervisor was able to locate your husbands missing credit card. I'll be sure to pass along your kind comments to her. We appreciate your business, and I hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you to the Miami area.

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!