“Rooms not soundproofed, terrible internet” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
San Francisco, California
“Rooms not soundproofed, terrible internet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I recently had an 8 night stay at this hotel. I booked this location as it was reasonably priced and in a central location as I had a variety of areas of Miami to visit during my trip. The rooms were decent and in line with the price but you could hear every single noise from the neighbouring units. We were disturbed during our sleep on multiple occasions due to noise from other hotel rooms - we could even hear word for word what the people next to us were saying and they seemed to be speaking at a normal level.

The internet service was awful. We were only able to connect from our room on 1 of the 9 days that we were there, otherwise we had to go in the hallway or the lobby to use the internet. I did use the gym on multiple occasions which was clean and had the necessary (and working) equipment, the best feature of this hotel.

We also booked two queen beds and only got two double beds and received no apology from the front desk staff, we were simply told that they had no queen or king rooms available.

Considering there are so many hotels in Miami, I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear The_Real_Glam,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and service you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Clearwater, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I never have given any place a bad review on this site. But, we had a very bad impression very quickly. We checked in, & were given a coupon for 1 free drink at the bar off the lobby area. We checked out our room, left the luggage there & immediately went to the bar. There were no other guests there but the bartender saw us come in & sit down. He quickly disappeared. We waited and waited, but he didn't return. We got fed up & as we were getting off the barstools, he came out & asked if he could help us. Too late! While our room was OK, the air-conditioning gave us trouble and was very noisy. In addition, our room was facing Kendall drive & in the early morning the buses & traffic got very noisy. To boot, the shower provided very little water & water pressure.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Roberta T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service in the bar and the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We appreciate your high score for Cleanliness. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo for 3 nights in early part of November. Hotel is clean, the rooms are modern and the service is really good. It is a smaller hotel but they offer Aveda products.. nice touch. My husband lost his bank card in the room and after several calls looked like all hope was lost.. however we returned for one last night and asked a housekeeper to take another look at the room again.. THEY FOUND IT under the bed... what a blessing. We stayed at the hotel by recommendation from Baptist hospital and we were very pleased, the shuttle was convenient to take to you restaurants at night or the mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations, and that our housekeeping supervisor was able to locate your husbands missing credit card. I'll be sure to pass along your kind comments to her. We appreciate your business, and I hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you to the Miami area.
Smithfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The afternoon of 10-10-13, my family was trying to check into the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. We had four rooms reserved. Check-in is 3:00 p.m., but we found ourselves waiting until nearly 4:00 to check in. After speaking with the manager about this, we were provided complimentary breakfasts (I believe a value of $15/person). That was very kind of her. In fact, the breakfast was made to order, presented nicely, and quite delicious. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is small and rather charming, and located near shopping and just a short drive from the airport. We would recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. Please accept my apology for having to wait for your room after the designated check in time. Although, I am delighted to hear that our Front Desk Manager was able to provided you with breakfast, and that you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. We appreciate your business, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I travel to the Dadeland area quite a bit for business and have stayed at the Courtyard, the Marriott, the Hampton Inn and now the Hotel Indigo. The Indigo is on par with the Courtyard in my opinion. The decor is modern and cool but it does show wear and tear. Furniture was comfortable, beds are nice. The hardwood floors are a nice touch just because you know they are clean (unlike carpet which is pretty much disgusting if you think about it -- I try not to). The front office staff is friendly, the bartender a nice guy, too. Elevators are quiet which is nice -- rooms are right next to them. The air conditioner in my room was awesome - and one of the main reasons I wanted to give the hotel a try. The Marriott down the street has awful A/C - you always wake up at 3 am sweating. The Indigo has more of an old-school thermostat that does not try to get fancy and save energy in the middle of the night (hooray!). Finally, good water pressure in the shower (although no bath tub if you are into that).

The parking is plentiful, even though I often arrived late at night. The walk from the parking to the lobby can be a little long for a woman alone although it is well-lit.

The only downside for me was the thin walls. I could hear my neighbors' alarm clocks, coughs, toilet flushes, etc. I did not hear hallway noise, though, despite being near the elevator and the coke machines. I would stay here again, though, and just make sure I have my white noise machine in tow.

Room Tip: Try to get away from other travelers - walls are thin.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations, and that you found our staff to be friendly. I can also tell you that the hotel is currently undergoing a complete renovation. We are very excited about the changes, and hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to the Miami area.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A/C went out at home and my wife and I panicked.. after all we live in an igloo. So we got in the car and decided the first hotel we would drive past would be the one we stay the night at. Well, the first 3 hotels were completely booked so we continued down Kendall Dr until we hit the palmetto, and right behind it, like an oasis appearing, we saw Hotel Indigo.

Not sure what to expect, we took the last parking spot in the lot outside and walked in. The lady who greeted us set us up with a room and we were ready to go. We entered the room and felt at home; the air was one full blast and the beds were extremely comfortable. We took showers, fell asleep and woke up the morning without skipping a beet.

We were happy to call Hotel Indigo our home for the evening and wouldn’t mind staying there again, if of course something happens, which in that case I guess we would mind. Oh well, you get the point…

Room Tip: probably away from the palmetto (expressway) since i can imagine it gets a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted that you were happy with your accommadations, and that we were able to meet your expectations. Please know that you always have a welcoming place to stay if a situation was to arise again, or if you just need a quick getaway. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to your arrival in the near future.
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I checked in for one night on our way to Key West. The bed was perfectly comfortable and the bathroom was roomy. All of the hotel was clean and safe, perfectly located close to Dadeland Mall. We had a perfect meal at Bayside in downtown Miami.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations. We appreciate your business, and hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Miami area.

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!