“Clean, affordable, nice folks, thin walls” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #60 of 129 hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Clean, affordable, nice folks, thin walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I travel to the Dadeland area quite a bit for business and have stayed at the Courtyard, the Marriott, the Hampton Inn and now the Hotel Indigo. The Indigo is on par with the Courtyard in my opinion. The decor is modern and cool but it does show wear and tear. Furniture was comfortable, beds are nice. The hardwood floors are a nice touch just because you know they are clean (unlike carpet which is pretty much disgusting if you think about it -- I try not to). The front office staff is friendly, the bartender a nice guy, too. Elevators are quiet which is nice -- rooms are right next to them. The air conditioner in my room was awesome - and one of the main reasons I wanted to give the hotel a try. The Marriott down the street has awful A/C - you always wake up at 3 am sweating. The Indigo has more of an old-school thermostat that does not try to get fancy and save energy in the middle of the night (hooray!). Finally, good water pressure in the shower (although no bath tub if you are into that).

The parking is plentiful, even though I often arrived late at night. The walk from the parking to the lobby can be a little long for a woman alone although it is well-lit.

The only downside for me was the thin walls. I could hear my neighbors' alarm clocks, coughs, toilet flushes, etc. I did not hear hallway noise, though, despite being near the elevator and the coke machines. I would stay here again, though, and just make sure I have my white noise machine in tow.

Room Tip: Try to get away from other travelers - walls are thin.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations, and that you found our staff to be friendly. I can also tell you that the hotel is currently undergoing a complete renovation. We are very excited about the changes, and hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to the Miami area.

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

A/C went out at home and my wife and I panicked.. after all we live in an igloo. So we got in the car and decided the first hotel we would drive past would be the one we stay the night at. Well, the first 3 hotels were completely booked so we continued down Kendall Dr until we hit the palmetto, and right behind it, like an oasis appearing, we saw Hotel Indigo.

Not sure what to expect, we took the last parking spot in the lot outside and walked in. The lady who greeted us set us up with a room and we were ready to go. We entered the room and felt at home; the air was one full blast and the beds were extremely comfortable. We took showers, fell asleep and woke up the morning without skipping a beet.

We were happy to call Hotel Indigo our home for the evening and wouldn’t mind staying there again, if of course something happens, which in that case I guess we would mind. Oh well, you get the point…

Room Tip: probably away from the palmetto (expressway) since i can imagine it gets a bit noisy at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted that you were happy with your accommadations, and that we were able to meet your expectations. Please know that you always have a welcoming place to stay if a situation was to arise again, or if you just need a quick getaway. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to your arrival in the near future.
Marion, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I checked in for one night on our way to Key West. The bed was perfectly comfortable and the bathroom was roomy. All of the hotel was clean and safe, perfectly located close to Dadeland Mall. We had a perfect meal at Bayside in downtown Miami.

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I'm delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations. We appreciate your business, and hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Miami area.
Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

stayed 1 night after driving from the Keys and before an afternoon flight back to the UK .Clean bright basic hotel , Front desk staff so helpful and Bar Man great , located just across the road from the Dadeland Mall ...so picked up a few bargains to pack ...For the price it included a Quality Breakfast and was much better value than some more expensive hotels we stayed on this trip

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations, of your positive experience with our staff, and that you found the location to be just what you were looking for. We appreciate your business, and I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Miami area.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is a renovated older hotel, with lots of reminders of it's past life. The good: it's pretty quiet, the rates are much lower than a more full-service hotel like the Marriott Dadeland, and the front desk staff is very nice. The not-so-good: accommodations are sparse and low-budget, and housekeeping isn't great (I was there 4 nights, I don't think my sheets were replaced the whole time, they never provided replacement soap or toiletries, and I had to ask for towels). There is a cafe downstairs. Despite the persistent stink of burning oven or grill that permeates the lobby, you will learn that the cafe does not really cook the food ... the food is made somewhere else and reheated there. I learned this when I ordered eggs one morning and they were served in cubes. I was told "they look that way because they come in a box." Yep, and they tasted like it, too. Next morning, I tried the (again, reheated not fresh) pancakes. I am pretty sure they were not pancakes, but were the box the eggs from the day before came in. That was the last time I ate in the cafe. I was scheduled to stay for 5 nights, but on the 4th night, rains caused the parking lot to flood dangerously. If cars weren't flooded, it surely came close to that. My room (on the 5th of 6 floors) leaked, causing bits of ceiling to fall in. The next morning I'd had enough. When staff informed me that I would have to relocate rooms to allow for the leak damage to be repaired, I decided it was time to leave and checked out. Remarkably, I was told that because I'd prepaid for 5 nights when booking through Hotel.com, Hotel Indigo would not refund my money for the 5th night. Way to please your guests, Hotel Indigo. Unfortunate events happen, but it's how a hotel handles them that can make all the difference to its guests. It's that entire experience that caused me to rate this hotel at a 2 instead of a 3.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. As you can imagine, I was very disappointed to read of your experience while staying at our hotel. Though you indicated shortfalls in several areas of our operations, I am particularly concerned with the fact that you found our desk staff to be less than hospitable. I will be honest to say that it did come as a surprise to me as this is certainly not a typical response from our guests. That said, my understanding from our front desk supervisor was that she informed you at check out that she would be happy to refund the 5th night stay, and that since your reservations had been made and paid through hotels.com that they would be the ones who would have to actually credit your account. My hope is that they have by now refunded your 5th night stay. If that has not taken place please contact hotels.com. I hope that you will consider returning to our hotel when you have the occasion to visit Miami again. We appreciate your business and we would welcome the opportunity to restore a more favorable impression of our hotel.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've stayed here off and on for business in the Dadeland/Kendall area. Perfect for me who didn't require a collection of luxuries. Clean, comfortable, nice little cafe for breakfast and dinner. Edison, the manager of the cafe, repeatedly went out of his way to make me a return diner. All of the staff were especially willing to encourage many return visits. Front desk personnel, Sandra, Ameara, Betty and Chris, and Olena and Andre (security) went above and betond.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I am delighted to hear of your positive experience with our staff. I'll be sure to pass along your praises to each and everyone of them. We appreciate your business, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Hotel has been totally redone so rooms were well appointed. Front desk staff were excellent always with a smile. Have a small bar and restaurant in lobby which was nice to have on site. Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Get an odd numbered room which will be away from highway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and that we were able to meet your expectations. We appreciate your business and I hope that you will consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you to the Miami area.

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!