“Good value and service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Good value and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here overnight as we drove from Orlando to Miami for a day and a 1/2 trip. The hotel is close to a major mall and several strip malls with supermarkets, restaurants, etc. The room was nice and clean. We got in a bit early so we couldn't' check in, which was not an issue since we were hungry. We were looking for good Cuban food and the staff suggested Havana Harry's. We went there and were not disappointed. In the morning we had breakfast at the hotel. Service was a bit slow, but food was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is close to the airport and the rooms are big and clean. I missed to take my iphone charger and an international plug out of the room. After calling the hotel the next day everything was gone probably taken by the cleaners. The lobby with its shop looks like a fastfood chain. There are better options to stay near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear matmueller,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
Cedar Rapids, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This hotel must be an old holiday inn or something. The exterior doesn't make you think it's anything special, but inside they bought all new (very nice) furniture. Bed was very comfortable. Still, the hotel feels mostly old: in-wall AC unit, very loud bathroom fan, old windows and doors. This place is ok to stay at, but don't think it's actually a "boutique" hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear midwestjetset,

Krysllin G.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed four nights in December and pleasantly surprised with my stay at hotel indigo. The hotel is conveniently located beside Dadeland mall as well as supermarket Publix, which ensures to meet all your shopping needs within walking distance. However, if you intend to visit to south beach or downtown Miami, be sure to account for the traffic and congestion if you are driving. (9/10)

The hotel looks clean and chic, each room is very clean as well. Compared to my stays in other hotels in Miami. I will give it a 10/10.

Staff is very professional and friendly, they address problem promptly. (There was a problem with the TV in our room which the staff quickly offer us a choice to another room or other compensation for our convenience) 10/10.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo following a transatlantic cruise.
Upon arrival at the hotel, we found that we would be unable to check in to our room until 4 pm, which was no major problem for us as there was a shopping mall across the road and a TJ Maxx and Jo-Ann Craft adjacent to the accommodation.

The front of house staff offered to store our luggage until such times as we were able to check in to our room.

Check-in was swift and the room we were assigned on the fourth floor and was clean, spacious and the décor was funky. The bed was very comfortable and I had no problem in having a good nights sleep.

The hotel also provided a free shuttle bus which will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the premises. We used this service only once to go to CVS for some sodas and snacks. The driver kindly waited for us as we were only going to be a few minutes.

The front of house staff were very knowledgeable and I have to say they were wonderful and provided me with use of the reception telephone to contact my airport transfer company when my mobile wouldn’t work properly.

The business centre was also a plus point and free internet access was excellent as it allowed me to check-in for my flight and print necessary boarding passes. In-room Wifi was also free of charge, however due to baggage allowance levels and my wish to shop till I dropped, I did not bring my laptop.

Check-out was 12 noon, which was a pleasant surprise. As our airport transfer was not until 5pm, the hotel gladly stored our bags to allow us to enjoy our last day in Miami. We also utilised the pool area until such times as our transport arrived which was a lovely end to the day.

For those of you who like to shop TJ Maxx was a great venue to pick up cut-price designer brands and I have to say, I could have done some serious damage to the credit card if my luggage allowance would have allowed.

The Dadeland Mall is also a few minutes walk from the hotel and has a whole host of stores to satisfy the shopaholic in us all!!

I would most definitely consider visiting the Hotel Indigo if I return to Miami in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelindig0Dadeland, Hotel Staff at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Ladyh83; Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much appreciate your comments and we can’t wait to welcome you back in the future.
São Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Me and my family we hosted this hotel in october, the rooms are very clean, the bathrooms are also amazing, the location is very good, the only thing I found very bad was the service in the bar, a person who worked at the bar, a very nasty blonde woman , treated me very badly when I make a request, it happened 2 times, until I decided not to make more meals at the hotel! When I go back to Miami will look for a hotel closer to Miami beach because there is no point being good price that the service is not good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Julianamnp,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so glad you liked the cleanliness of your room and the great location of our property. Please accept my sincerest apology for the service you encountered that affected your stay negatively. I will make sure that your comments will be reviewed and be forwarded to the departments involved to take actions accordingly. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Miami, FL.

Anthony M
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location ,right next to the mall,staff were very pleasant and helpful
Comfy bed and clean ,Fun urban trendy decor ...close by to everything ...stayed with my daughter for on a shopping and business trip ...will consider staying again ..Loved the Aveda products ..could do with a small shop ...

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sandi K; Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback from your experience. We are happy that you found our hotel comfortable for your needs. We hope you choose our hotel next time you visit the Miami area.

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!