“Continue To Like this Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #62 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Clearwater, Florida
“Continue To Like this Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the second time as we were attending the Sony-Ericsson tournament in late March. We have attended the tournament for the last 7 years and this is the first time we have stayed at the same hotel twice. The hotel is located a few miles south of Key Biscayne but coming from the south, traveling up US 1 is the easiest route to the causeway.

There are many dinning options nearby and the Dadeland Mall is just accross the street. There is also a Publix Supermarket less than a mile away. A great breakfeast and lunch featuring true cuban food at Don Pan is a short walk across the street. For those who can't do without, a Starbucks is also across the street. The usual dinning choices can be found at the mall including The CheeseCake Factory and others. Better dinning choices can be found a few miles away in any direction.

The Hotel Indigo itself is a nice choice. Modern but not fancy, the room are on the small side but are still comfortable. Parking is free and I think they do have night time security. Staff is pleasant enough about on par with what you can expect in Miami. Overall, the hotel is a nice choice a little out of the way but still convienent to many things. Best of all, bargains are often available.

Room Tip: Room noice wasn't an issue, but you might request the West side of hotel. The east side has a r...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times since it was renovated and re-branded as an Indigo Hotel. Very comfortable beds. The staff are very accommodating and congenial. Free Wi-Fi. Good restaurant and convenient to Dadeland Mall and the interstate. Hotel lobby is easy access from parking lot. It has become our home away from home when in Miami.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelindig0Dadeland, Hotel Staff at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Gary O; Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and reviewing our facilities. We will share your great comments with our staff. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy staying with us and we hope we can welcome you back soon. We truly can be your home away from home.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We enjoyed our room and it very much reminded us of staying at a W Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
hotelindig0Dadeland, Hotel Staff at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear QueenM; Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear we fulfilled your expectations. We certainly hope to accommodate you in the future.
Bermuda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

The room was clean, Free Wi-Fi was great. Starbucks coffee in the lobby was very convenient. Was there only for one night, in Miami on business. Nothing bad to say about the hotel. Great for business traveller, not sure if I would stay there with my children though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway ramp, I did hear the cars early in the morning.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I recently just got back from a business trip to Miami, and chose the hotel because it was close to the interstate and easy access to the office I was traveling to each day. They also were recently upgraded so that is something I always love to hear! When you walk into the hotel, everything is fresh, clean and new, the atmosphere was lovely, and a wonderful scent! The staff was awesome, they were super nice and really helpful when we were looking for places to eat nearby. They also had a shuttle that would take you anywhere within 3 miles for free and it was very close to the Dadeland Mall. We never got to use the shuttle, but I did see lots of others using it and it seemed pretty simple to setup! We didn't get to the pool, but did check it out. There is a really nice seating area around the pool deck and the pool looked clean!

The only complaint I have is that my room was next to the elevator & stairs, so very noisy. I am not a complainer and once I was settled I didn't want to move rooms. Another person traveling with me had an inner room and she had no issues with noise, so I assume it was just my particular location.

The decor throughout the hotel was awesome, the rooms were well appointed. Super comfy bedding, funky deco theme throughout and the bathroom was really nice as well. when they upgraded they didn't just select a few things to upgrade, they did it all. The room had everything you needed, king size bed, laminate/wood flooring, plush bedding, desk and a couch/seating area. The bathroom was very nice, clean, and Aveda products which are always a plus!

The first day we were there we walked right past the hotel restaurant, thinking elsewhere would be better as I have never really enjoyed hotel food. However, we went to breakfast there our second day and was completely floored by the quality & quantity of food. I had the breakfast pizzata which was huge, plenty for two. It was like a flatbread pizza crust with a creamy buttery sauce loaded with bacon and eggs...only $5!! I could only eat half of it, definitely could not get fast food for that prize. That night we had dinner at the hotel and we had the Phi Burger. Once again, excellent. The following two mornings I had the croissant sandwich, $6, and too big for one person! The presentation and details they incorporated in their food made us feel like we were at a 5 star hotel, excellent.

I would definitely return to the Indigo Hotel, it exceeded my expectations by far and was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. Clean, safe and a great environment!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Miami for business. It was about 20 minutes from South Beach/downtown area which is not bad for Miami! There were also several restaurants and shopping nearby.

Room Tip: I would chose a room on the side not facing the expressway or near the elevator. I had a decent vie...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Guatemala City, Guatemala
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was looking at Trip Advisor for some ideas on where to stay in Miami for the day since I was traveling the next afternnon overseas. Hotel Indigo Dadeland seemed like a good choice for spending the night. Since I had to do some shopping the next day, Hotel Indigo's distance from Dadeland Mall seemed like a good deal.

When I arrived at MIA International Airport I specifically asked the cab driver to take me to this Hotel. I finally arrived and to my surprise he had taken me to the wrong Indigo Hotel ($50 cab). Now I know this has nothing to do with the hotel since its not their fault but considering I was paying $175 with taxes for the room, maybe a little suggestion or attempt to help me out or ease the pain of paying $50 for the wrong address.

I then took another cab to go to the right Indigo Hotel and after another $40, i got there. Service was polite when I got to the counter but still no "sorry what happened to you, etc..", but thats ok I guess, i just wanted to go to my room and rest.

I get to my room, located right in front of the elevator on the 5th floor (elevator with a screeching sound when it moved up or down). The room was clean but not so cozy. I personally love the feeling of staying in a hotel room where i feel cozy and private, I felt neither here. The air conditioner did not work and even though the room specifically said "NO SMOKING", it smelled like smoke. I call reception for another room since it was hot and smelled like a pub in that room.

I then get relocated on the first floor and the room was the same, just a bit smaller. I figured I wasn't gonna do better that night, so I just kept my mouth shut and sucked it up, I was hungry and thirsty and that's what most mattered at that moment. So I call room service and order the burger the person recommended (I needed a person recommending what to eat over the phone since there was NO MENU in my room). I hang up and take out my Ipad so I could call home using Skype over the wifi or HSIA as they offer on the site. To my surprise, the internet connection intensity was very low and could not connect. I call front desk and ask them for some advice on what to do. They transfer me to IT support and after a minute of explaining my issue with the IT guy, he tells me that on that side of the building the WiFi connection is low since the routers dont go that far (I wasnt even in the room at the end of the hall >.>), so pretty much he told me there was nothing I could do about it.

So I hang up and about 5 minutes had passed since I ordered room service and I hear a knock on the door. My food... Ok I though, either they have a super fast cooking grill or they just microwaved my food, Im still not sure whats the answer to this one, though the burger and the fries tasted old.

"Suck it up" I said, tomorrow this is all gonna be over and im out of here. I go to bed. I woke up every 2 hours from noises all over the building and people screeming...

This is a terrbile place to stay in, Im not gonna keep on reviewing how bad my experience was since I dont have the time anymore, but let me assure you, I could probably write a book on how bad this place is.

The next day I'm ready to check out of the hotel (best part of my trip), to my amusement, while I was doing the check out, I see two new customers check in, a couple and a lady, both separate parties. They both get checked in and after five minutes, they both come back to the counter asking for a new room (made me laugh), one was saying that the room had no internet connection and the smell was odd. The lady said she didn't even walk inside the room as she could spot the uncleanliness from the door. Funny stuff.

TERRIBAD and all for the price of $175 in room charges and $130 on cab fees. $305 TOTAL.

Ill just go to a hotel that offers a shuttle next time or at least Internet.

This place Sucks.

Room Tip: If you stay here, make sure you get a room within the WiFi reach.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Krayto,
At Hotel Indigo we strive to provide superior guest service and attention to detail, please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations. The description of your experience is not typical of our guests who have stayed with us previously, so I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly. I invite you to contact me at the number listed below at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback on Tripadvisor.com.
Sincerly,
Rick
305.595.6000 x 237
Oak Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I arrived at the hotel late on Wednesday night and was pleasantly surprised by the interior of the hotel. It smelled clean and fresh! The hotel is extremely clean and the decor is bright and welcoming. I stayed at this hotel for three nights and I plan on going back to visit my daughter. The room was large and the beds were so comfortable! The bathroom was arge and clean and I cannot rave enough about the staff, extremely friendly and helpful. If something is wrong, they will assist you immediately. I asked for a frig and I had one delivered almost immediately. The food is excellent and they have a wonderful happy hour! I had dinner every night at the bar because the food was so good. I felt like it was a home away from home!! I made friends with the staff and other customers. I usually stay at the Marriott but never again - this will be my first choice of hotels in the Miami area!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear CynthiawOakRidge,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for posting your experiences on Tripadvisor.com. I will share your comments with the staff. The staff takes tremendous pride in Hotel Indigo and they appreciate hearing from our guests.
Thanks again using Tripadvisor.com. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Rick

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!