“Routine shopping trip made special by Hotel Indigo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #59 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Key West
“Routine shopping trip made special by Hotel Indigo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I own an upscale B&B, so when we travel, we tend to notice the fine points of our accommodations. This was our second stay at a Hotel Indigo and it was even better than the first at the prototype in Atlanta. We will definitely continue to seek out the brand.

I can't find a single thing to be critical of here. Super-convenient location for shopping at Dadeland Mall, with a good selection of nearby dining choices. Fantastic, smiling staff, attentive and solicitous without being obsequious -- everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers seemed to be enjoying their jobs, were obviously proud to be a part of the organization, and were professional in every way.

Immaculate room appointed with well-kept furnishings and quality amenities. Bed so comfortable I unmade it to get to the label for possible use at my own property. Excellently prepared and presented breakfast of quality ingredients, served by a most mannerly gentleman, at a surprisingly affordable price point. Room rate fair, a good value overall.

I found none of the negative points in other reviews (lack of hot water, weak wifi signal) to be present in our room. The hotel manager / innkeeper should be commended for a most efficiently run property exhibiting that elusive quality that separates the average from the superior: attention to detail.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelindig0Dadeland, Sales Coordinator at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Tropicallnnowner; Thank you for staying with us recently and providing such positive feedback from your experience. We are pleased to hear we fulfilled your expectations. Thank you for being a loyal Hotel Indigo customer. We are happy that you found our brand comfortable for your needs. We will be read your nice comments to the staff and we certainly hope to accommodate you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Room hot water was non existent. Wifi signal in room was too weak so I could not use my iPad. This property was no where near worth what I paid for the room. Will not stay at this hotel again. I reported all issues to management and I am disappointed at their response.

Stayed April 2012
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear William A,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay with us. I apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced while in Miami. I have been working with our Internet provider to ensure we have equal coverage in all of our rooms. We have recently made significant upgrades to our Internet service and bandwidth. So I have been diligently working with them for optimum performance in all areas.
We understand that there are many choices for lodging in Miami. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Rick
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Had reservations through "Southwest", and they had made an error in our reservation dates, but Hotel Indigo staff allowed Southwest to refund the money due to their error..which was nice. When we DID get to the hotel, they told us that our room wasn't ready (2pm) but to come back in an hour. That was reasonable, so we went for some lunch and returned in about an hour and a half. The room still wasn't ready, and there was a line of people waiting for rooms! The manager, however, was very personable and friendly, and offered us a beverage while we waited. We later found out the listed "check in time" was 4pm. We had assumed it was 3, so we really weren't that late in checking in.
We did finally get our room, and it was very nice. It was a corner room..and the only negative was that the wireless internet did not work in this room. If I went into the hallway, it did work, however!
Everything at the hotel was great, the food in the bar, the drinks, the bed (VERY comfortable)...but there was one problem. HOUSEKEEPING! The first night was nice , but when we returned on the 2nd night, we had NO towels, no toilet paper and no tissues. We called the desk, but they had no one to bring us what we needed. My husband went to the front desk, and they supplied us with what we needed with no problems. The 2nd day, we had another issue...not enough towels, and no coffee! Once again, anything we did ask for, was providmd by the staff. The problem just seemed to be with the efficiency of the housekeeping staff. The only other issue was the shower. There was only a trickle of water.....
BUT, all in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The people were so nice, and helpful, and the beds were SO comfortable! The only negatives were the shower and the missing items from housekeeping, but any complaints were taken care of immediately!
We would love to return!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear pjr15,
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for not replenishing your room properly during your stay. I have forwarded your comments to the housekeeping team so we can prevent this from happening in the future.
Thank you again for posting on Tripadvisor. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.
Rick
Ramrod Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I booked a room for my girlfriend and I while we stayed in Miami for the night while we ran errands in town. I did a lot of research before booking the room and saw that there were quite a few good reviews of this hotel. When we pulled up late that evening I was a little worried. My girlfriend who is Ukrainian said that it reminded her of a low class dormitory in the soviet union from the outside. Which at night, I have to agree that it does look a little spooky. I went to check us in and noticed that it was very nice inside. After I parked (which by the way parking is very limited and tight) we went to the room and were completely blown away! The rooms were in great shape with an outstanding design. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was of decent size for two. We really enjoyed our short stay and would recommend this hotel for a quick getaway weekend or for those passing through.

Room Tip: Do not judge the hotel from the outside.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Key West FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

A good value for hotels in this area, Kendall. We only stayed 1 night as we were up for doctors appointment. Free parking, a very friendly staff (hellos from everyone), clean modern decor, bright & colorful. A very comfortable bed with great linens. Nice sized bathroom, fluffy towels, nice soap, large shower etc. We will stay here for future appointments.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bath UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I would have given this hotel a 3 dot rating as it is very clean, comfortable and a good average hotel being good value for money. However, I added the extra dot because they have a shuttle that basically takes you anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, which is wonderful! You just let them know what time you need it and they provide it. The location was perfect for us as we were visiting family, but for those who want to shop, the Dadeland Mall is across the road and many other shops and restaurants very close by.
Check in and check out is incredibly slow as they only seem to have 1 person on duty most of the time and that one person seems to have to answer the phone, deal with guests and do everything. The rooms are clean and comfortable - free wifi throughout the hotel which is a definite bonus. Bathrooms are basic but clean. Shower just a trickle of water that takes a long time to warm up but to be honest, for the price we paid, we didn't have great expectations. Breakfast was very pleasant and totally adequate for our needs. One word of warning, however....we had a prepaid voucher for our stay that included breakfast. When we had breakfast on the first morning, we were billed for it. On querying this with reception, we apparently should have been given breakfast vouchers . This breakfast appeared on the bill at the end of our stay. They did refund it immediately, but to save the hassle, make sure you get your breakfast vouchers when you check in as you do need them to get your free breakfast. All in all a very pleasant stay, and at such good value, we would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Hotel Indigo was a welcome change. The check-in process was so smooth and efficient, that I was unaware that I was checked in so quickly. Truly no hassles at all. The room was very comfortable, spacious and clean. The amenities were First Class and the bed was so cozy that we had a hard time waking up. It was very quiet, I barely saw any other guests. I was very pleased with my hotel stay and would highly recommend to anyone visiting the Miami area. While it is not located in the Downtown area, it is not very far from everything and the parking is complimentary.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!