“Interesting food and decor, but basic flaws hurt the experience” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Interesting food and decor, but basic flaws hurt the experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed down at the property a couple of weeks ago on a two day business trip. The location seemed really good, easily accessible, parking close to the building, near shops\restaurants, and the decor is modern. It's a pretty small hotel and did seem like it was remodeled from an older place. At night around Christmastime with the lights on the palm trees surrounding the place it looked really cool too.

The front desk staff was really outgoing and helpful and so was the bar\restaurant attendant. And we were given vouchers for free breakfast in the lobby restaurant, which was small but had* excellent* food. All of this made a pretty good impression on me at first.

But unfortunately, the property had some basic problems which ruined it for me as a business traveler, and probably were due to the fact that renovated or not, the building was older. The windows and walls of the place are incredibly thin. Every bit of traffic noise from the outside could be heard, and at 3:30AM while I was trying to rest up for my business meetings the next day I was awoken by the clearly heard and loud sounds of an amorous couple next door, and similarly had been kept away the night before until 10:30-11 by the room on the other side - just playing their clock radio loudly.

The wireless internet was so slow as to be almost unusable, and had I not had a backup broadband LTE card to connect through, I would have been unable to work in the room.

So for those reasons alone, I don't recommend it highly. I'd also mention that parts of the room itself were in poor condition, some of the trim, and the fake wood floor planks actually had large gaps (1/4"+) between ends\edges of the planks, really poor.. TV/Cable older, not great pic quality. There is no tub in the room, only a shower if that's a concern.

If they soundproofed the walls and windows and fixed up the interiors a bit, it would go a long way to helping improve the experience.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the main busy street (N.Kendall) as possible. Maybe ask the front desk f...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Not exactly what we expected since we had stayed at a really nice Hotel Indigo the night prior. Our room was not clean to our standard and the rooms are very small. The hotel appeared to be an old hotel of another brand which they had tried to remodel. The beds were comfortable and location of the hotel is not so bad. When we were trying to leave the next morning, the maid opened our door without knocking and asked if we were ready to leave. She did not speak English and didn't understand that we were still getting ready; very annoying. We do not plan to stay at this hotel again. There are other, nice hotels in the area I would recommend before going to this one.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. Close to shopping and restaurants. Only downfall is that it's not very close to Miami Beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My wife, brother-in-law and I booked a room for 3 nights over Christmas at the Holiday Inn on US 1 just north of the Indigo. Upon reserving with the very gracious reservations staff, I asked whether they accepted pets at the Holiday Inn and she tried to refer me to the Indigo. We were going to leave the pets at my sister's house while we retired to the hotel so I booked the Holiday Inn. Well, in families things change and we were stuck at the last minute - after checking in and putting our bags in the Holiday Inn - and my sister didn't want the pets at her house without us around. As a last resort (I was going to break the rules and chance a $250 pet fee at the H.I.), I called the Indigo and asked if they had a room available - the lady was going to fix the whole situation on the phone and transfer us if I had not already checked in. Instead I called the H.I. and the manager Manuel Castillo was AWESOME and allowed us to break that reservation penalty free because I promised to book the same room nights at the Indigo while standing in front of him. HUGE relief to solve this mini-crisis. The Indigo was very accommodating to pets and us and the room was just great. There is an awesome Brazilian Italian restaurant across the street that serves up a great pizza and I just can't say enough good things about the staff at the Indigo. Thank you all - I am posting this review on both hotels so they know they are appreciated.

Room Tip: Pet fee was $20/day (not per pet), at least two restaurants within walking distance, safe location i...
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

This little gem was great! We stay from Nov 13 through the 15.
The staff was off the chain they were great! Very very clean and upscale hotel very morden. The room was large and clean I just didnt like the wood floors they were cold. So I had to keep on socks when up and about in the room.
Floors are beautiful through.
I really enjoyed the hotel . They have a small place to eat, entertain and have drinks if you want too.
I would book again.
So much to do in the area lots of Malls and food places love it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stayed here for business related travel November 9-11 2011 and November 13 -18 2011. The rooms were very nice and modern, the hotel gym is excellent, the bar is also excellent with great bartenders / servers and many of the front desk staff are wonderfully personable.

The shuttle service is nice, but expect to wait if you need it. Due to the busy location, it isn't always on time.

However, what made me switch hotels for business travel was that housekeeping left the door to my room open one day. The hotel building is older and my room door did not close all the way on it's own. I brought this up to management and only received a very perfunctory apology. The other thing that was irritating was that they were supposed to bill my contract house for the stay, but billed me instead. When my manager called, they told him they billed him and only had my credit card for incidentals. However, he didn't have any charges for me so he and I just worked it out on our own. This is what I'm basing my low service rating on.

Also, locals told me the actual hotel building has a reputation. It used to be a pay by the hour hotel. It is also very close to the 826 so depending on the room you get, you may get a lot of highway noise.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We have relatives in Miami and visit each year for a week. For the last three years we have stayed at the Hotel Indigo at Dadeland and each year the experience has improved. The staff remains the same each year so we know we are getting experienced support. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the small restaurant is a surprisingly full-service kitchen.The workout facility offers aerobic machines and a terrific full-service tower weight set. If you are a cat lover, take the back stairs to exit the building and visit the hotel cat that resides on the staff patio in back. It says a lot about the staff that they take care of a pet just like a household would. A peaceful respite in a town that is otherwise too crowded and too noisy for this Midwesterner.

Room Tip: The east side of the building overlooks a busy expressway and can be noisy. Choose the west side if...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!