“second to none!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“second to none!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011 via mobile

Rick and his staff over at The Hotel Indigo are out of this world. They made our stay in Miami simply amazing. This upscale, modern hotel is wonderful, right from the minute you walk in the lobby where you are greeted with a smile, until you lay your head down on a soft pillow on the sturdy beds. Hotel Indigo is a vacationers dream come true. I can't wait to come back soon... kudos to Rick and his staff!

• Stayed May 2011
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
Dear PatrickNY2011,
Thank you for the great review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad you enjoyed your trip to Miami, the cruise and Key West. It was great having you as a guest in our Hotel. Be sure to post pictures of your little fish!
Thanks again for staying with us. We look forward to being your host on your next trip to Miami!
Rick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

From the moment we arrived at Hotel Indigo all of our needs were met or exceeded! The young staff at the front desk was super friendly and extremely helpful and spent a lot of time explaining the area to us, good places to go(also places to avoid!) and could not have gone out of their way more to accomodate us.

We requested a microwave and mini-fridge in our room and it was delivered at no extra charge within minutes of check in! That's what I call great service! The rooms are clean and well-appointed. I was impressed with the Aveda products and good quality linens and bath towels in the room. It is what I would have expected from a much more expensive property.

We did not eat at the hotel, but the happy hour was casual and very enjoyable with free complimentary snacks of your choosing. I would definintely stay there again even though the Kendall location was a bit of a hike to anywhere else, but once you got back to the hotel it was very relaxing. I don't know how pc this is, but as a smoker, I felt that all sensibilities were accomodated by the hotel, making everyone happy. Great place! My daughter is moving to Miami in the near future and I plan to stay there again even if I have to drive a few more minutes to my destination. I hope that this review doesn't make them too popular!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Pierette_11,
Thank you for the great post and feedback about your experience on Tripadvisor.com. The staff at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland makes this property very special and we are fortunate to have genuine associates that truly care about our guests’ experience.
We hope to see you on future visits to Miami. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any special requests or I may be of any assistance. Thank you for staying with us!
Ra'anana, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

we are a family with 2 children, ages 14 and 11. we spent 3 nights at the indigo hotel a few days ago. staff very kind and helpfull, rooms very modern and comfortable, great pool, nice lobby and restaurant (starbucks coffee). the only fault we found is the location: to get to downtown miami or to miami beach is a long and congested way (u.s 1). no highway. takes about 35-50 minutes, depends on the hour.
but otherwise, we enjoyed our stay very much!

Room Tip: try to book via the internet (otels.com). cheaper!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear tparchi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.com. Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland is located in South Miami, approximately 10-12 miles south of Downtown, Brickell and South Beach. Although US 1 certainly can be congested, we are adjacent to the Palmetto Causeway and about 4 miles from the FL Turnpike, all of which are good alternatives to taking US 1. We are also adjacent to the Dadeland Mall and close proximity to Falls Mall, Baptist Hospital and University of Miami.
We appreciate your family staying with us. We are glad that everyone enjoyed the property and South Miami. Thank you again for posting your comments for future guests to see. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I stayed here for three nights, Friday-Sunday. I am a college student with a lot of stress and my ac had broken at home, so I decided to rent a hotel for myself to relax and clear my mind. The hotel was in a great location, it was very pretty and nicely decorated, the rooms were awesome and so were the bathrooms. I was VERY impressed at the size of the room. Thank God for no carpets! The staff was super sweet and friendly. (Specially, this one young lady, she's skinny with long curly hair, what a sweet girl!) The beds and pillows were super comfy. The only thing I would recommend is better cleaning. Although everything was super clean, there were little things here and there that caught my attention. The coffee machine was missing a piece and it was a little dirty, the shower had some hair in it, and when the mirror fogged up you can see that there was something written on it. Another thing is the smell when you walked in the lobby, they do have a cafeteria maybe thats why the smell was so pungent. Overall, I would defintely recommend it, I had a great stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Dear Mfernandez86,
Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor.com. We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will forward the comments on to the housekeeping department. We offer a Social Hour everyday beginning at 5:00pm with complimentary appetizers and discount drink specials. Next time you are in the area, stop by. We hope to see you again at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stayed here to visit the University of Miami for about 5 days. Not only do they have a free shuttle within 3 miles, but they will also drop you off and pick you up the 4 or 5 miles to the university campus. It would have been nice if they had a shuttle to the airport as well as its about a 35 dollar cab ride each way.
When we first arrived we were about 3 hours ahead of check-in time, and within minutes they had a room already prepared for us. We got a room with a king sized bed and sofa, and the bed was sooo comfortable. There was a moderately large flat screen TV in front of it which was pretty awesome too. We asked for the complimentary microwave and refrigerator and received them both within the next couple of hours.
The staff members were very friendly and consistent, especially the waiters/bartenders and shuttle drivers. The restaurant/bar wasn't too spacious but was very convenient, attractive and never crowded- not to mention their french toast was awesome and they have a Starbucks.
The only thing that was a little annoying was that our room keys kept demagnetizing. I'm not sure why this kept happening, but they always helped us out fixing them quickly. At the end of the day, it was a great hotel, especially for the price!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizzy1417,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the experience you had while visiting Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland. We appreciate the feedback and future guests will appreciate it as well. We hope to see you on your next trip to Miami.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Very clean, quiet, great value for the location, shuttle service to mall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_GM, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Dear mlfd,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. We hope to see you on your next visit to Miami.
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I can write a book about how bad was my stay at this so called hotel ! From the incompetence of the front desk to the lack of water in the hotel after 2.00 am ! Very dirty an
noise rooms etc ! Make sure if you stay here bring some earplugs and shower somewhere before 2.00 am as well as brushing your teeth ,I book a king size room with travelocity and they put me in a double bed smaller room ! Your room will never be guaranteed ! STAY AWAY !

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Dear Patek12,
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately, we needed to make an emergency repair to our main water line coming into the hotel. Our plumbing contractor was flexible enough to work during our lowest demand time, which was at 2:00am on a Tuesday morning. We informed guests via a letter under each door as well as a letter posted at each elevator on each floor. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and lack of communication during your stay.
In reference to the cleanliness issues you experienced, I invite you to please contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss the areas for improvement. At the Hotel Indigo, our staff takes great pride in the property and their work. I appreciate any feedback in areas where we can improve.
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
Rick McKeown

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Dadeland? Share your experiences!