“Extremely Friendly and Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #41 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Kingston, Jamaica
“Extremely Friendly and Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed for one week.

Front desk staff was pleasant and gave me a warm welcome upon my arrival.

My room was clean and spacious and smelt fresh. Hotel was quiet and relaxing so I slept well.

It was very easy to do my own laundry at this hotel.

At first I was disappointed that this hotel does not offer shuttle pick up from the airport but after receiving shuttle to other areas, I was no longer disappointed. This was because I was shuttled to and from nearby locations as many times as I needed to be shuttled- international Mall, Best Buy etc. I did not have to wait long for the shuttle to return to get me. If they say they are coming for you, they will be coming. They will even wait for you if it is a quick stop you are making.

Very short walk from this hotel to the Dolphin Mall was great- I shopped a lot and walked back to the hotel several times to put down my stuff. Closeness to other shopping facilities is another advantage of this hotel.

There is an okay fitness centre that was opened 24 hours and it was very private (works well for me who is accustomed to exercising from the privacy of my home and also because I was travelling alone on this trip).

I did not take my computer with me on this trip and I could easily get on to one they provided in the lobby (business centre).

My departure flight was an evening one but I checked out in the morning to save hotel cost and this hotel kept my luggage for me while I enjoyed just a little more of Miami before coming back to my country. That was really cool of them!

So overall, I had a quiet, relaxing and enjoyable stay at this hotel. I also felt safe and did not encounter any form of discrimination.

Just ,one little thing, don't use the hotel phone to make international calls- you wil be charged big time! Big cut in the shopping money!

I will definitely visit again and again and will also recommend to family and friends!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have to travel for work, so have much experience staying in hotels. I am a woman travelling alone in this capacity. One of my peeves is I notice staff will fall all over the businessmen travelling, but somehow being a woman not so much. The rooms are nice, dark and cool. Last visit quiet, this visit not so quiet. Right next to ice machine and overlooking pool. There is good food for breakfast, but on all 3 occasions I have eaten in restaurant, service is minimal. I've been there when restaurant is empty, and when it is full, service poor across the board. OK, it's breakfast - bring me coffee. Not 5 or 10 minutes after I sit down. And not a half a cup. AND I want refills. All 3 times I ate there I felt pretty much ignored by the wait staff while they fawned over other customers. Not sure what the issue is. When it was slow they weren't bothering to wipe down the tables after someone left, my spot was pretty gross. Watched them just pick up plates and put down new silver without wiping. This last visit put me over the edge, I am switching to a different hotel. Location is convenient, though I will drive out of my way for better service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Leslie W, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Good morning Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall. I sincerely apologize you felt the service provided to other guests was superior to the level of service you received. I have shared your survey with both the Front Desk staff and Breakfast Servers. We do not take any kind of discrimination lightly and this is the first complaint of this nature we've ever had. We definitely take pride in providing every guest with the same great service we can be proud of. I lament this was not your experience.

Rest assured we have addressed the issue accordingly as to prevent an issue of this severity to occur again. Thank you for your survey, as our guest feedback is a vital necessity to continuously improve our service.

Please consider our property again when in Miami. We would like nothing more than regain your trust in the brand but specifically our property. Thank you for your time and have a great day.
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Minutes walk to one of the best malls for shopping. The hotel is nice, has a pool, breakfast was great service really good. If you want to walk about 20 minutes is International Drive and more malls and more dinner and shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I arrived after 7 p.m. and was greeted with a smile by the very professional Chris. The restaurant only served breakfast but with Dolphin Mall only a short walk away I was able to find dinner at a reasonable price.

The housekeeping staff was efficient and friendly, as was the breakfast staff on my second morning.

I like the in-room products (Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner) but would also have liked a shower cap!

The breakfast was tasty and well-presented but expensive given the few options in the hot buffet.

Room Tip: Because of the shopping mall, there is lots of activity on the side of hotel facing it so chose a ro...
Green Features: Even though I hung my towel, it was still changed. I wasn't upset but thought it didn't make sense.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hamilton, null, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Ease of access from the airport, proximity to the mall, WalMart, etc, make this place great.

You can always get Rewards Points for staying and it is all around excellent for the business traveller and the family in transit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice stay, good location close to the mall with great restaurants-PF Changs, Cheesecake Factory, Texas Brasil, etc all within walking distance. Breakfast in the hotel is not included a little pricey but overall good. The staff is very professional and courteous. Internet is free. The cleaning service was great too-even when we placed the do not disturb sign on the door a bag of fresh towels with soap and shampoo was placed on the knob outside.

Nice little touch-in the afternoon they had chocolate covered strawberries at the front desk.

Overall, very nice and comfortable stay. Would stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Trondheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Average quality on the hotel. It is located close to Dolphin Mall, a great outlet shopping mall. There is a small pool outside the hotel. As a platinium reward Marriott member I was surprised that I had to pay for the breakfast (which actually was very poor).

The staff was friendly. There was no minibar but you can buy sodas, snacks etc in the reception.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Leslie W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Good afternoon Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall and for responding to your "Guest Service Satisfaction" survey! Our guests feedback is a critical part of our success to continuously refocus on areas of our service we can improve. As a Platinum Member, we greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand and would like the opportunity to regain your trust in Courtyard!

Although, by brand standard, Courtyards do not offer breakfast, we do exclusively offer our Platinum Members double the points for your stay and a few items from our market! Next summer we will undergo renovations and take on the new Courtyard Bistro look, I am sure you will find more accommodating!

Thank you again for your response and I hope you will visit us again soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!