“Great hotel, convenient location to shop to you drop!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #37 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Barbados
“Great hotel, convenient location to shop to you drop!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I tend to stay at this hotel whenever I am in Miami. It is close to everything especially the Dolphin Mall. Rooms are large with comfortable beds. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful good beyond the call of duty. Received a special gift on check in - complimentary water, sun chips and a personalized note. I think it was because we have Silver Marriott Reward status. What would cause me to give this hotel 5 stars is if they had a shuttle to and from the airport and to and from Miami International Mall. When I had stayed there in previous years they had shuttle service to Miami Int'l Mall but I had been renting a car so I didn't realize the rules had changed. It was so disappointing as I didn't have a car. May have to go back to staying at Hampton Inn Doral - Dolphin Mall as they offer this. The only convenience of this location is it is a short distance to the mall. I think because of this the rate fluctuates extremely high for a hotel of this category. I paid $179 base rate + tax. Originally the room rate was $199. I waited two weeks before my trip and rate had dropped. When this hotel first opened rates were low $79 +.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Curitiba, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went december 2012 for Christmas shopping. The hotel is very convenintly located Next door to Dolphin Mall, close to the airport, friendly staff, nice facilities, breakfeast Ok. Will return december this year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have visited this property a few times for business. The hotel is a typical Courtyard. The beds are generally comfortable. However the bed in the last room I stayed in on the 2nd floor, was very hard. The rooms here are generally clean with the exception of a few hairs belonging to previous occupants in the bathroom. I always sleep pretty well here so that is good.
The Sweetwater traffic cops love to patrol and have speed traps setup just past the mall on 12th street going towards 25th so watch out. The speed limit is 30.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Leslie W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear NCnative8,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay with us. I am terribly sorry that you did not get a good rest in the bed this time and that you found some hairs in the room. We take a lot of pride in our cleanliness and maintenance and are through with our room inspections so I am really sorry this was not the case in your experience. I have reviewed the information with our housekeeping team to make sure we continue giving our guests the highest standards of cleanliness and thoroughness in our rooms. Thank you very much for your loyalty and business and we hope to see you back soon in our hotel. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance please contact me at leslie.weil@dimdev.com. Have a wonderful day!
New Windsor, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I am in room 328 right now(9/7/13)and there is a bad ant problem. We found many ants on the desk, night able and in the bathroom. My wife called the front desk just a few minutes ago and was told that they are aware of the ant problem and there was nothing that the hotel could do. Terrible ant problem and even worse customer service!

We are extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Ant problem
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jose S,
Thank you for taking the time to report your issue. Unfortunately by the time the review was posted you were no longer at the hotel and I didn't get a chance to personally speak to you. I truly apologize for the inconvenience you had in our hotel, please know that we have pest control at the hotel monthly and we take a lot of pride in the cleanliness and maintenance of our rooms so I am really sorry that you encountered this issue and that we were not able to solve it to your satisfaction. I immediately passed on the information to our housekeeping and maintenance teams so they could take a look at the room and make sure this was not an issue. We try to give our guests the best possible service and I am sorry you did not get to fully experience what we are all about. I hope you give us another try in the future and in the meantime if there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to contact me at leslie.weil@dimdev.com. Thank you again for your business and for taking the time to give us feedback. Have a wonderful day!
Piarco, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Good, comfortable, CLEAN hotel. Perfect base for shopping trip. This hotel is more expensive than other area hotels (hampton inn - doral gross!!!) but it really is worth it. There's no shuttle service but you can easily walk to the dolphin mall or take a $10 taxi to international mall for your department store fix. The hotel does offer breakfast service but it really is not worth the money. There's free coffee and tea all day in the lobby and there is a small convenience 'store' that sells snacks and other travel essentials. They will receive your many packages and have them ready at check in, no problem. Bedrooms and bathrooms are always clean and fresh.

I recommend this hotel 100% if your goal in miami is shopping.

Room Tip: Small hotel so any room is fine. Elevator noise may bother light sleepers.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sasha G,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the convenience of our wonderful location. We take a lot of pride in our service and I am glad to know that you got to experience what we are all about. We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future! Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience.
Leslie Weil.
Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

If your main stay in Miami is to shop, then this is the perfect location next to the Dolphin Mall. It costs around $30.00 from the Miami Airport by Taxi and is located in the Dolphin Mall car park. You can walk to the Mall for outlet shopping at its best! There are restaurants, movie theaters, bowling and night life entertainment at the mall....The Hotel is comfortable, you can purchase breakfast next to the lobby, or you can buy snacks right at the reception check in area...A great place to stay when on a shopping trip to Miami!
It would be perfect if this Hotel offered a shuttle service to and from the Miami Airport! Hope the management consider this....as their room prices are higher than the surrounding hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review! I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you got to experience the surrounding areas and found the location convenient to your trip. We put a lot of effort and take a lot of pride in our hotel, the rooms and the service we give and we are glad you got to experience it first hand. We offer shuttle service to our corporations to the surrounding companies but we currently do not offer airport service. I have passed on the comments to see if this is something which we could implement in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in our hotel, and should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at leslie.weil@dimdev.com. Thank you again for your feedback!
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was greeted by Hector at the front desk who was not only polite but went completely out of his way to help me. He could tell that I was tired and I mentioned that I had worked all day and had a truckload of boxes to bring to my room. He offered to bring up all my boxes once he could get someone to cover the desk for him. I went out to grab a bite to eat and when I came back he had brought up 2 full carts of heavy boxes and arranged them neatly in my room. This was the best customer service I could even ask for, especially after the day I had and the weekend of work I had ahead of me. Hector is awesome.

As far as the hotel itself: convenient location next to mall. Normal courtyard marriott, clean & comfortable. The only reason I did not give a 5 is that I think it is a bit overpriced. I've stayed in quite a few Courtyard Marriotts and this one has been the most expensive and it is no different than the rest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and the great compliments for Hector. We take great pride in our hotel and the service we give our guests and I am really glad you got to enjoy it and experience it first hand. We look forward to having you back with us in a near future. Again thank you very much for your review and for your preference. Have a wonderful day!
Leslie Weil.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!