“Just awful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tampa, Florida
“Just awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Just after checking into my room I went into the bathroom to lay out my stuff and noticed all of the toiletries had been used. The shampoo and conditioner were mostly full, but the lotion was almost empty and was smeary. Completely disgusting. I called down to get replacements and threw the clearly used ones out. I put the new lotion in my purse to take with me to work. When I came back to my room after work, there were 2 shampoos, no conditioner, and the same smeary, almost-empty bottle of lotion from the trash can UP ON MY COUNTER! I know because it had the same gloppy clog of lotion inside the lid! DISGUSTING! I am appalled. To make matters worse, I asked to have a cab ready for me at 5:20am the next morning. I called again at 4:45 am to make sure a cab had indeed been requested. It was the same guy (Jose, I think) who had answered the phone the previous evening (after 28 rings - no, not exaggerating.... 28 rings), and he said yes, he had ordered the cab. i go downstairs at 5:15 and wait. And wait. No cab. Jose is nowhere to be found. He finally appears and calls the cab company. They don't have one available but are calling around to see if they can find one. I have a flight to catch! He blames it on the cab company, but says this always happens. But if that's true, why didn't he call and check when I touched base at 4:45am? Just terrible, terrible service. And if you can, try to get a room on the top floor. Otherwise you will be listening to water sloshing around in the walls and ceiling from people above. I will never stay at this property again. I travel 40 weekends out of the year and felt so incredibly disrespected just as a human being at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friends and I traveled to Miami on a business trip and decided to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Miami at the Dolphin Mall. The Marriott is beautiful with a welcoming main lobby and curtious staff. The hotel itself is located near, not walking distance, to the Dolphin Mall which is loaded with lots of restaurants and shops. I would suggest renting a car as taxi fares can be pricey when used to move from place to place. The Marriott is minutes away from the Miami Airport and playes host to large tour groups and transient visitors waiting on a flight. It is not uncommon to have the Marriott completely booked. If you happen to be there during this time, I would suggest staying clear of the lobby as it does get VERY crowded.

Suggestions:
Renting a vehicle to facilitate moving to and from the hotel with ease.
Arriving and leaving mid-week to avoid the crowds.

Room Tip: I would suggest occupying a room on the south side of the hotel as it's much quieter. Sometimes...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dxb
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we spend 2 days here & found it good, specially as due to bad weather we could not move see more places & we had dolphine mall just next to hotel so we shopped till we dropped!!! Also I found hotel staff friendly ....I will surely recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I just finished staying at this hotel and it was very disappointing. I stayed here previously in 2010 and it was absolutely fantastic then, this time it was the total opposite. There were basically two shifts of staff on duty. The shift with Natasha and Victoria on Monday and Wednesday were extremely pleasant and helpful. Natasha carried us on Wednesday with the shuttle to Miami International Mall and as soon as we were thru and called, she came to pick us up within 5 minutes. She was very polite and gave us some excellent tips for our stay in Miami. Victoria also made us feel very welcome from the moment we checked in. The staff on Tuesday was horrible. We were taken to the mall by Carlos who was pleasant. To return is where the trouble came in. We called for a pick-up at 2:50pm, they said the shuttle will be there at 3pm. At 3:20 pm, I called again,they said the shuttle would be there in 10 minutes. At 3:40pm, I called again and they said it will be there in 5 minutes. Finally at 3:50pm it arrived. The driver, a girl with long curly hair did not even apologise. No explanation was even given as to why a 5 minute drive took so long. If they had told us they could not be there right away, we would have gladly taken a taxi. This was very poor on behalf of the staff on duty. On vacation, you don't want to be wasting time like this. On the Thursday, the same girl with the long curly hair was on duty together with a young gentleman. We were waiting to checkout. We stood at the counter for almost 10 minutes. The gentleman was attending to a customer while the curly long haired girl was parading up and down in front of us. She did not even have the courtesy to ask if she could assist us. The gentleman seeing us standing there eventually asked his customer to wait, then he came to check us out. The maid service this time was also poor. Imagine, they threw out our soap and shampoo which they provided and did not replace it. I had to go down to the front desk when we came home at 9:30pm to ask for replacements. I always try to stay at a Marriott when I travel as I have never had any bad experiences with them. This was the first, So I write this with some regret. Mr. Robert Hill (manager) if you read this, please check up on your staff as it is the customers and the service your hotel provides is what builds your reputation

Room Tip: Choose a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stay at this hotel the weekend, at breakfast the chef who served me was rude and his face change of mood when asked to cook more eggs. That woman is not the chef and also should have no basis to the public for being so incompetent.
The rooms very clean, very nice and helpful housekeeper, but the attention of the cook was awful!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My 3 last trips to US have something in common. the Last day! my first stay here was in 2010 i came back 4 months later and then i complain because the prices went up in a way that it was almost ridiculous it was way over 200$... i gave them a second chance around mid 2011 and the prices were ok. between 160 and 180$ per night. this is the correct price. is adequate! the room itself it's big, very comfortable and to be honest, Great! the pool as i said is a little bit small but never crowded. I can recommend Hyatt at the blue, located in doral, to introduce you to miami in Style, but this courtyard is the best choice to leave miami because it's location and it's accommodations make this the perfect hotel to end your journey. it is in Dolphin mall, which is an OK Mall for your last minute purchases. It has an awesome churrascaria: Texas De Brazil, which is just awesome, great food, give it a bite! it has a cinema if you like to enjoy a movie, i think it has a bowling too I didn't have the time to try it and a Bass pro shops. All in one place and without moving your car. And is a 10 minute drive from and to the airport. the staff is always eager to make your stay pleasant. it will always leave a great taste on you. this place is flawless. i just hope they can keep the prices as they are...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami at Dolphin Mall? Share your experiences!