“Love This Place” 5 of 5 stars

Activities: Swimming with dolphins, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
“Love This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2005

We are locals and my 3 year old son never gets tired of going to Seaquarium. He loves the animals, shows, the playground and feeding the fish in the coi pond. He knows the names of all the sealions, manatee, dolphins and of course his favorite Lolita the Killer Whale. We go every Halloween to Monster Splash for safe & fun trick or treating and every easter they have a great egg hunt event! Seaquarium is a great place for a playdate, we go often with friends, order a pizza (yummy) and have a great playdate picnic!

For the adults there is a great swim with the dolphins program! My husband and I enjoyed it so much we used the photo from our experience as our holiday card!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
“A South Florida Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2005

I have been going to the Miami Seaquarium for over 30 years and I love it. It truly is a South Florida classic. I love watching the shows with the dolphins, sea lions and the whale and I think that they do a great job of teaching people about what amazing animals they are. I highly recommend the Miami Seaquarium to all my friends and family visiting Miami.

Orlando, Florida
“This Place Sucks!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

My husband and I went down to the Miami area this weekend and decided to take in some of the sights in the area. I decided that we would go to the Miami Seaquarium on the last day of our trip. This was the worst mistake I ever made in my life!!! When we arrived we were shocked to see they charge $6 for parking. We should have known we shouldn't go in when at 11:45 in the morning the parking lot was only a quarter full if that. But we went in anyway. There was a sign posted at the ticket counter stating that the reef aquarium presentation, the top deck dolphin show, and the tropical fish aquariums were closed for renovations. We went ahead and paid the outlandish price hoping to take in some of the shows. When we had called ahead the day before they told us to give ourselves 4 hours to view the entire park. The pavilions where the trained animals were shown were closed as the first show was not for another hour and half although the park had been open for 2 hours already. There was two or three animals in the other exhibits. The shark tank was a bunch of fish swimming in very dirty water surrounding a children's playground. The manatee tank was also very dirty and you could smell the water as soon as you walked in there. Most of the food courts were closed down. The employees all looked bored out of their minds (one was reading a book at the entrance to the manatee tanks). The park that was supposed to take us 4 hours took us 30 minutes to walk entirely through and see everything!!! This was the worst 30 minutes of my life!!! I don't think I am biased because I live near Sea World which is the best in Florida. Miami Seaquarium claims on their website to be the number one tourist attraction in South Florida. I say it is the number one let down in all of Florida!!!! They are celebrating their 50th anniversary and it looks like they haven't renovated in 50 years, maybe that's why they seem to be taking over 2 years to renovate the areas according to some other postings.

“A City Local”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

To be fair, I will put an end to all your confusions about Miami Seaquarium so you can be the judge of what to do from there. I am a local of Miami and have been going to the seaquarium since I was a little kid , but cannot say that I would call this place a tourist attraction. This is more like a place for the locals who have seen it all and would like to occasionally take their kids somewhere for a fair price. Meaning that 24.95 per single day entry plus an extra 5 bucks to upgrade for a yearly pass becomes a pretty good deal for a local who can go as many times as their children wish. This is not a place for adults, you will probably NOT enjoy it as much as the kids since most of the time you will be spending money on your children's every wish and carrying all their stuff , while sweating up a storm. This place is mostly for children, and you will not hear them complain. Just picture their little faces lighting up everytime they see an enormous killer whale jump up in the air and come down with a tremedous splash that has you drenching wet for the rest of the day! Or even better, going to the home of flipper a dolphin whom you have known since you were a little kid as a star on television and all his dolphin friends that play with beach balls that go up like 30 feet in the air and into the audience. Imagine been picked to swim with the dolphins because they choose a couple of people every show. How about finding out how much it would cost to swim with the dolphin after the park closes?? What about some education included? This is, after all, the home for hurt and "endagered" Manatees. The park keeps them until they can fend for themselves and then releases them back into the wild. They also explain to you why they look the way they do and what we can do to prevent these accidents. If you are looking for a Disney experience, you are in the wrong place; here you will smell the real smells and see the real thing. There is nothing fake about The Miami Seaquarium, and if you think maintaining tanks the size that they have and the animals in them is not worth the 25 bucks alone then don't pay it. Come to think of it, the best thing I can say to you is don't knock it until you try it. It is worth it if you are doing it for the kids. Lighten up and maybe you will enjoy it, too. Oh, and after the Seaquarium you can always head down to Crandon Park just a mile away and hang out at the beach there. Make sure you go in the entrance labeled "South Beach" and go to the extreme right to park because it is more fun for the kiddies. Well, take care and hope to have made your decision a little easier.
Email me if you like with any question at Lmassn@hotmail.com and title it
"Hey City local" so I will know it is regarding this review.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful and educational day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2005

I had a wonderful day and educational experience. The seaquarium is so much different than what I thought it was going to be. There were hands on shows and exhibits and the animals were in their own habitats. I was expecting an indoor aquarium but, it is mostly outdoors, which made the day so much better. I had a relaxing, educational, fun and relaxing day.