“Smaller scale sea world” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
New York City, New York
27 attraction reviews
“Smaller scale sea world”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Nice place to visit. Much smaller than sea world in Orlando. All live shows center around dolphins, dolphins and one whale, dolphins and sea lions. Enough said. Pricey admission. Discounts on line or at your hotel. After two and a half hours my six year old granddaughter had enough.

Visited January 2014
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium and for visiting us. We are happy to hear that you found it to be a nice visit. We hope to see you and your granddaughter again in the future.

• Polish first
Miami, Florida
“Dolphin Encounter -Both Exciting and Depressng”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

As a gift, a friend of mine, bought me the dolphin encounter experience for my birthday.. Aware of all the controversy surrounding marine parks and the cramped conditions of the mammals, it was difficult for me to decide to go on this dolphin swim. In the end, I decided to do it to see first hand what it was all about.

Upon arrival, the check in process was easy and went straight to the dolphin encounter exhibit. Walking through the park it felt desolate and abandoned. It also looked like the park was in need of serious renovations.

Arriving to the dolphin exhibit I was excited to meet these mammals. Having seen them in the wild, I've always wanted to know what it would be like to see them up close. The swim was great but at times it felt like a petting zoo or at circus having them perform all sorts of tricks for you. The dolphins were in really small pens leaving to me wonder how isolated they might feel.

I left the swim with mix feelings. Yes it was nice having to meet these animals up close but couldn't believe the fact that they lived in such claustrophobic conditions. Not to mention the $40+ they try to get you to pay afterwards for a photo of the dolphin swim.

I would NOT recommend this due to the fact that this truly is an exploitation of highly intelligent mammals in order to make a couple dollars off of you. After the swim, I got back in my car and went home knowing that I will not be visiting this marine park or other marine parks in the future.

Mansfield Center, Connecticut
10 attraction reviews
“Killer whale OMG!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We watched to killer whale and dolphins show and it was incredible. I could not believe that the trainer was really going to swim with the killer whale, and she did and their show is very good. I love dolphins and their show was also very good. They have a huge tank with manatees in it. You can also see birds around the park and other animals. Some of the stands were close so there is a very limited number of places where you can get food. But, we had fun and I would recommend that to other people.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the shows and that you recommend others to come visit us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Great fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Amazing performances. We enjoyed the Killer Whale & Dolphin Show and Flipper Dolphin Show. The pelicans seem to have taken over the shark feeding attraction.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we truly appreciate it. It is always great to hear when our guest enjoy the performances and their time with us. We hope to see you again in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Seal Swim!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was my anniversary present from my husband and I loved every minute of it! It was an amazing experience.. you get a lot for your money as well. We have done other animal interaction in other places but w/ the seal swim you have a lot more hands on time w/ the animals as well as a good amount of time of free swim w/ all the seals in the feeding pool. It was so much fun. Seals are such sweet animals. They love the attention and to be pet. I would highly recommend this animal interaction. Also the Miami Seaquarium was a lot of fun. They have remodeled a lot! I have been going to this park since I was a little girl but have not been in a few years. I was very pleased w/ all the updates they have made. The whale and dolphin show is so good! You get to see the trainers in the water doing fun tricks w/ the whale. Loved the park.. overall we had a great time!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fantastic review and for allowing us to be a part of your anniversary. We are happy to hear that you and your husband had an amazing experience swimming with the seals and watching the shows. We hope to see you and your husband again in the future.