“Sign up for the Dolphins” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife, Swimming with dolphins
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Colorado
17 attraction reviews
“Sign up for the Dolphins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

First see the dolphin show, then sign up ahead for either their swim with the dolphin or the dolphin encounter experience. It's for every age and well worth the money! The seal/sea lion feeding and show is interesting. Then see how the dolphins play with balls and train back at the dolphin show basin.

• Polish first
Coral Gables Fl.
“A rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I should have done this in the Keys. The kids didn't swim with the dolphins only got to touch the nose. You couldn't get close to see their expressions. I paid for 3 , 12 year olds, and had to pay for my 5 year old nephew to watch, not happy. I went there as a child I am 60 not much has changed.

Visited August 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium. We do offer different dolphin interactions and we apologize if your experience was not what you expected. We hope to see you and your family again in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“What a poor value !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have just visted the Seaquarium today, this needs a large investment to improve this site.
The layout needs better signage , the shows are not timed between each other , the food outlets are well below modern standers in a 1960 time walk . the staff are more interested in their own cell phones than vistors , have the management visted Disney yet !They might find it useful in improving the site & staff . this a poor valve attraction @ $39.95 per person.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue improving Miami Seaquarium. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Trinidad, West Indies
18 attraction reviews
“Good family fun...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my second trip to Miami Seaquarium and still an enjoyable experience. My daughter was truly delighted to see "Shamu's brother" perform and wet up the people! The show was nice, not as good as Sea World, but nevertheless a wonderful assortment of displays and shows for the family.

Visited August 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium and for your second visit to the park. It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with your daughter. We hope that you and your daughter visit us again in the future.

Miami Gardens, Florida
65 attraction reviews
“Miami Sea Aquarium Reef Encounter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

First of all tripadvisor only gives 5 stars, I'd give this 10. Got a Living Social coupon or 2 people to dive in the reef tank at the Miami Sea Aquarium. Haven't been there in about 10 years. But to do a dive WOW!. Day was rainy and overcast. Got there at 9:30 cause dive was 10:15 we got registered and was taken to get our wet suits & towel. Never put one on before so me and Julie had them backwards. Then when we turned them around couldn't get it up over my shoulders, needed help. Got dressed and headed to the tank. Had instructions about the helmet weight 75 lbs but a lot lighter in the water and you get triple the amount of air. How to pop you ears and use the OK sign and DON'T jump off the ladder. I was the last to go and my ear wouldn't pop so down I went then back up again. Finally popped and away we went. Got to feed hundreds of fishes with a bottle and a grouper came by and the safety diver tapped his nose. He opened his mouth and you just squirted into the void. He was so cool to do that do. The staff took pictures for us which you can purchase $$$. We brought disposable water cameras. Only problem is you really can't see the viewer on the camera so its just point and shoot. Still think the pictures came out good. Was down about 1/2 hrs. Between petting a moray eel, feeding the fish and having our pictures taken. I can't wait to do it again. Water was 85
so you didn't feel cold. You have to be I think 52" tall so little ones can't do it. I sat next to a lion, played with a tiger cub, went up in a hot air balloon and a few more crazy thing BUT this was the BEST so far..Staff was great they kept checking with the OK sign for each of us. 6 go down at a time so if you have a big family 1/2 go in while the other have wave from outside the tank. Wish I had the oriental lady's email address she took lost of pic of me and gave me a thumbs up..After dive there's a shower/towel/hair dyers for the ladies. Lockers while you on the reef. It was the best day I've had!! Spend the money and make a memory for life.

Visited September 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful images with us, they are wonderful. We are so happy to hear that you and Julie had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your time with us and we hope so see you and Julie again.