“What a poor value !” 1 of 5 stars

Activities: Swimming with dolphins, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Miami Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a poor value !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Have just visted the Seaquarium today, this needs a large investment to improve this site.
The layout needs better signage , the shows are not timed between each other , the food outlets are well below modern standers in a 1960 time walk . the staff are more interested in their own cell phones than vistors , have the management visted Disney yet !They might find it useful in improving the site & staff . this a poor valve attraction @ $39.95 per person.

Visited September 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to continue improving Miami Seaquarium. We hope that you will visit us again in the future.

• Finnish first
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good family fun...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my second trip to Miami Seaquarium and still an enjoyable experience. My daughter was truly delighted to see "Shamu's brother" perform and wet up the people! The show was nice, not as good as Sea World, but nevertheless a wonderful assortment of displays and shows for the family.

Visited August 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium and for your second visit to the park. It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with your daughter. We hope that you and your daughter visit us again in the future.

Miami Gardens, Florida
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Miami Sea Aquarium Reef Encounter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

First of all tripadvisor only gives 5 stars, I'd give this 10. Got a Living Social coupon or 2 people to dive in the reef tank at the Miami Sea Aquarium. Haven't been there in about 10 years. But to do a dive WOW!. Day was rainy and overcast. Got there at 9:30 cause dive was 10:15 we got registered and was taken to get our wet suits & towel. Never put one on before so me and Julie had them backwards. Then when we turned them around couldn't get it up over my shoulders, needed help. Got dressed and headed to the tank. Had instructions about the helmet weight 75 lbs but a lot lighter in the water and you get triple the amount of air. How to pop you ears and use the OK sign and DON'T jump off the ladder. I was the last to go and my ear wouldn't pop so down I went then back up again. Finally popped and away we went. Got to feed hundreds of fishes with a bottle and a grouper came by and the safety diver tapped his nose. He opened his mouth and you just squirted into the void. He was so cool to do that do. The staff took pictures for us which you can purchase $$$. We brought disposable water cameras. Only problem is you really can't see the viewer on the camera so its just point and shoot. Still think the pictures came out good. Was down about 1/2 hrs. Between petting a moray eel, feeding the fish and having our pictures taken. I can't wait to do it again. Water was 85
so you didn't feel cold. You have to be I think 52" tall so little ones can't do it. I sat next to a lion, played with a tiger cub, went up in a hot air balloon and a few more crazy thing BUT this was the BEST so far..Staff was great they kept checking with the OK sign for each of us. 6 go down at a time so if you have a big family 1/2 go in while the other have wave from outside the tank. Wish I had the oriental lady's email address she took lost of pic of me and gave me a thumbs up..After dive there's a shower/towel/hair dyers for the ladies. Lockers while you on the reef. It was the best day I've had!! Spend the money and make a memory for life.

Visited September 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful images with us, they are wonderful. We are so happy to hear that you and Julie had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your time with us and we hope so see you and Julie again.

Brisbane
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Dolphins - excellent! The rest...not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and and I visited the Seaquarium recently to do the Dolphin Odyssey. We arrived about half an hour before our scheduled swim and that was more than enough to see the rest of the seaquarium, which was honestly just sad. Maybe having just been to SeaWorld I had some high expectations but...no....two manatees in basically a large pool with absolutely nothing in it except the two of them? Felt a bit wrong. Oh, and the cafeteria. Good Lord. It was like a run down school cafeteria. Hideous and desperately in need of a freshen up.
When we got to the Dolphin Swim area, we saw there were many other people waiting to do the swim. 14 in total, which got split into two groups of 7. The girl handing out the wetsuits and doing the admin was pretty grumpy and short with us all, which I didn't love.
The trainer, Cynthia, was lovely and perky, and led us out for for our swim with the dolphins. Don't get in mind you'll get this actual 'swim' with them - what you get is to stand on a step with the rest of the group, while the dolphin goes past and you get to touch it. You also get to kiss and cuddle the dolphin, but this is all done very quickly (as you are posing for photos as you do this) You also get to watch (with masks) while the dolphin does stuff under water. I mean, it was a wonderful experience but the way they advertised it made me expect something a bit a bit more...I don't know...involving swimming?
You DO get a chance to be pulled across the pool on the dorsal fin on one of the dolphins and that was absolutely amazing, but to be honest, for the size of the group and the dolphins doing it - I just felt sorry for the dolphins by the end of it. That was the extent of the 'swim' portion. Also, you can't take photos during it so set aside a minimum of $42 to take some photos home with you. I am grateful to have had the chance to be in the water with dolphins, but at the end of the day I left wishing I'd done it elsewhere.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that both you and your husband were able to experience swimming with the dolphins. We thank you for your honesty as it helps us improve the park. We hope to see you and your husband again.

New York, New York, United States
“Miami Seaquarioum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went with my cousins who were visiting from Germany and Italy.we had a good time we went in July in Miami which was not a good idea in the summer, the day was very hot and humid had to take an hour break between shows events to get something to eat indoors and cool off.the dolphin encounter was very nice dolphins were very friendly, the trainers were a bit impatient and bossy they need to be taught better manners with paying customers also putting on the wet suits was a pain very tight .overall my cousins have a lifetime of photos and memories so it was a good trip I would reccomend parents taking young children they will love it, not something I would do more than once one experience was enough for me. the price of the tickets including dolphin encounter was over $400 so it is a bit pricey!

Visited July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium. It is great that you were able to visit us with your cousins that were visiting from different countries. Yes, it can get hot during the summer months here and its always great to keep hydrated. We apologize if our trainers were impatient and thank you for your honesty. We hope to see you again in the future.