“Enjoyable in the Heat of Southern Florida” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
South Carolina
15 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable in the Heat of Southern Florida”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Ft Lauderdale in the summer! What was I thinking!

This was a wonderful little excursion from the heat of the trip. We got to the dolphin show early and stood at the rail, so we got splashed soaking wet. Welcome relief!

Seriously, we stayed for a relatively short four hours, but really enjoyed the shows. The performances of the animals, the script, the "actors/trainers" were fun, and we felt we could get up very close to these wonderful sea creatures. I wish we had gotten there earlier.

I would like to see it a bit more accessible to the decrepit like me who are NOT in a wheelchair. Standing for an hour for a show, even with a rail to lean on, is tough on my back. Climbing to the top of the bleaches in another show which we didn't get to early enough for a front row seat is tough without a handrail anywhere to be had.

When you walk in, they take your pictures with big, friendly parrots. There is an area full of these lovely creatures. We found a white one towards that back that whistled for us.

I found it was quite clean, even the bathrooms, which are hard to keep clean with these kinds of crowds. It isn't DisneyWorld, but it is kept up well. The animals looked healthy and happy and were not overcrowded. If you have the money, the opportunity to get in and swim with or have pictures with the dolphins is pretty fantastic.

Food is okay, but pricey and small portions.

Visited June 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, even in the summer heat. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on accessibility as we are always looking for ways to better ourselves. We hope to see you again in the future.

• Polish first
ohio
“An excellant experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The aquarium in general is a small place, but the interactions were awesome! The staff walks through the park allowing the exotic birds to sit on your arms. The dolphin encounter was majestic. Riding on the dolphin, holding him, seeing how happy he was and learning about him was something our family will do again. The other exhibits were nice and overall a nice experience.

Visited June 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and were able to swim with the dolphins. We hope to see you and your family again.

Solomons, Maryland
27 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My kids and I loved the Seaquarium! The animals are awesome and we loved the killer whale and dolphin show!! There is even a peacock there that puts his head down so you can rub the top of it! A great day there!!

Visited June 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear that you and your children enjoy your time with us. We hope to see you all again.

Highland Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Save your money.....this place is in dire need of repairs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The animals look sick, the ground needs a pavement make over, they have a wild bird problem and the place smells. I was so mad how much it cost to get in. I should have been paid to go. Miami needs to allocate some funds to help this place out.

Visited December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Some of the animals at the Miami Seaquarium are being rehabilitated after accidents that occurred in their habitats. We are always working on making improvements and thank you for your feedback. We hope that you give us a second chance in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have always wanted to swim with dolphins and taught this would be once in a lifetime experience to do it in Miami. It was quite expensive but I got money for my birthday as a present and taught I would spend it on something I have always dreamed of doing. It went so quick the interaction with the dolphins when you get into the pool your introuced to them and you get your pictures taking. Then you dance sing and swim with them. If anybody is a dolphin lover and has been before I would definately recommend it. I wanted all the pictures and a frame and that cost an extra
$60 so keep in mind to bring extra cash if you would like the photos. I went to this with my fiancee who was just an observer but he got the whole experience on camcorder so definatley also bring that.

The park itself was great. Theres plenty to do and we got to feed the stringrays at an extra fee. If i was going back to Miami I would definately go again :)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you were able to experience swimming with the dolphins, something that you always wanted to do. We thank you for the great review and hope to see you and your fiancee again.