“An excellant experience!” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
ohio
“An excellant experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The aquarium in general is a small place, but the interactions were awesome! The staff walks through the park allowing the exotic birds to sit on your arms. The dolphin encounter was majestic. Riding on the dolphin, holding him, seeing how happy he was and learning about him was something our family will do again. The other exhibits were nice and overall a nice experience.

Visited June 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and were able to swim with the dolphins. We hope to see you and your family again.

• Polish first
Solomons, Maryland
27 attraction reviews
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My kids and I loved the Seaquarium! The animals are awesome and we loved the killer whale and dolphin show!! There is even a peacock there that puts his head down so you can rub the top of it! A great day there!!

Visited June 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear that you and your children enjoy your time with us. We hope to see you all again.

Highland Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Save your money.....this place is in dire need of repairs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The animals look sick, the ground needs a pavement make over, they have a wild bird problem and the place smells. I was so mad how much it cost to get in. I should have been paid to go. Miami needs to allocate some funds to help this place out.

Visited December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Some of the animals at the Miami Seaquarium are being rehabilitated after accidents that occurred in their habitats. We are always working on making improvements and thank you for your feedback. We hope that you give us a second chance in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have always wanted to swim with dolphins and taught this would be once in a lifetime experience to do it in Miami. It was quite expensive but I got money for my birthday as a present and taught I would spend it on something I have always dreamed of doing. It went so quick the interaction with the dolphins when you get into the pool your introuced to them and you get your pictures taking. Then you dance sing and swim with them. If anybody is a dolphin lover and has been before I would definately recommend it. I wanted all the pictures and a frame and that cost an extra
$60 so keep in mind to bring extra cash if you would like the photos. I went to this with my fiancee who was just an observer but he got the whole experience on camcorder so definatley also bring that.

The park itself was great. Theres plenty to do and we got to feed the stringrays at an extra fee. If i was going back to Miami I would definately go again :)

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to hear that you were able to experience swimming with the dolphins, something that you always wanted to do. We thank you for the great review and hope to see you and your fiancee again.

Edina, Minnesota
“FALSELY ADVERTISED "SWIM W/DOLPHINS" - HUGE RIP OFF”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

HUGE RIP OFF AND DISAPPOINTMENT! NOT WHAT THEY ADVERTISED AND PROMISED! DO NOT GO HERE!! $500 RIP OFF ******************** Well, I thought I had well researched all of the similar dolphin swim options for my family before choosing the Miami Seaquarium. The Seaquariam was a HUGE RIP OFF and disappointment for me, as well as for my children, cost around $500. My biggest complaint is about their false advertising, "swimming w/the dolphins." We paid about $200 a child, for as the Seaquarium advertised and sold it as, "the participants gets 30 min in water w/the dolphin," they continue to state that the kids will get to swim with a dolphin holding onto the dolphin's fin, kiss, pet, and get to know the dolphin. The reality was, a ONE 10-foot swim, holding onto the dolphin's fin across a short pool. The 30 min in the water with the dolphin, is with ALL OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE WATER AT THE SAME TIME WITH THE SAME ONE DOLPHIN! You are paying $200 for a one-time, <30 sec dolphin fin pull about 10 feet. You get to watch the other participants do the same thing you got to do for 30 seconds. Yes, they did get to kiss and touch the dolphin, but the catch here was a professional photo was $40! and good luck taking any of your own pictures... They charged my husband, myself , and our 3 year old, $30-45 each to be an observer to watch my children -- and with the same other 8 people in the pool with the one dolphin. And good luck trying to take any pictures as they have the dolphin/pool area gated off so the observers are at least 30'-50' back, so poor pictures unless you have a professional style camera with a great telephoto lens. **************A COMPLETE RIPOFF. ************* I was so let down as I had planned this trip from Minnesota for 6 months prior. The rest of the Seaquarium I would rate as a "C-", shows were marginal-to-poor, except the Killer Whale Show was a good show worth seeing. The stingrays were the best attraction, everything else was just a continue let down. Food was terrible and nothing under $5--don't plan on eating anything there. Very outdated. As a mom who wanted to make a memorable time for my 13 and 11 year old, I was so disappointed, I felt as if someone had kicked me in the gut when it was over. I spent $500 that day. I am a "glass half full" kind of person, this was just not what they advertised and promised. ******** I believe it's actually fraudulent advertising and am actually giving a report to the BBB. DON'T GO HERE!!! ********************************

Visited June 2013
SeaquariumSupport, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that the experience was not what you were expecting and that you were let down after all the planning you did for your trip. We share with future guests what our animal encounters offer on our site and apologize if you thought that there would be more of a swim. We thank you again for sharing your experience.