“Great family experience!” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
4 attraction reviews
“Great family experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My boys (ages 9,13,15) and I had a blast! We purchased the Odyssey experience, which was expensive, but well worth it! We were up close and interacting with the beautiful, intelligent dolphins and even got to ride along holding their fin. The animals seemed healthy and happy and the trainers were passionate, loving and dedicated to the dolphins. It is a smaller park, but full of many interesting creatures including their resident peacock who had no problem flaunting his gorgeous, colorful feathers. I loved how interactive it was, as opposed to viewing animals behind cages and glass. The staff was so kind and readily available to share many interesting facts about all the animals.

Visited April 2013
WorkingSpider, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review! We are so happy to hear that you and your three boys enjoyed the Odyssey experience! Thank you for sharing your visit with us and we hope to see you and your three boys again.

• Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Too expensive for what it is. In desperate need of renovation. Dirty. The roof had holes in and the rain poured in. Lots of extra expense once you've paid in. Additional parking costs on top of entry. Only stayed an hour.

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We are always working on making updates and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that in the future you give us a second chance.

Miami, Florida
“Disappointed Local...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband had always wanted to take our son (he is 2) but I was hesitant because the admission price is SO high. (about $43 with taxes). Recently the had a promotion where the annual passes where the same price as a one day pass, so I figured we would take advantage of this offer, a few minutes after walking in I felt like I had wasted almost $90...
Let me begin by mentioning that this place was not prepared to handle all the people that were interested in this offer. The lines just to get in were ridiculous. You had to stand in line to get a form to request the annual pass and then stand in another line to actually pay for it, the ask for ID, take you picture, it is a whole ordeal and there was only 1 person at the booth..this took an hour!

First we went to the Top Deck Dolphin show. There is no place to sit and you have to carry your kids so they can see. There is no warning that most of the show is based on dolphins splashing the audience, we all of a sudden got soaked and I was videotaping and lots of people had Ipads, cameras etc, my son was SO scared and people were screaming etc... he left terrified of dolphins and I was furious thinking my camera was going to get ruined! I could not believe that there were no signs or warnings about this, unbelievable!

You can hardly see the sharks as they are in round channel were you have to look down and very hard for kids to see.
There are a couple of seals (or sea lions) in a small exhibit, just ok. When we got to the manatees I almost cried, there are 3 of them and they are in a tiny, tiny pool for their size :(

The pros, the whale and dolphin show is fun and so is the Flipper show, my kid really enjoyed these two and so did we. There is also a cute area where you see alligators and a couple of turtles, but those are really the highlights, for such a high admission, plus $8 parking (even for annual pass members) it is a disappointment. The people that work there are not the nicest either.

I will keep bringing my son to take advantage of the pass we have, if you are interested in going just don't have super high expectations and go to the whale and flipper shows, stingray exhibit and alligator area. I didn't get to see the Sea Lion show yet.
Any questions you can contact me.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize for the splash in the Dolphin Show, we do make an announcement before the show starts on the splash areas, but apologize if they did not while you were there. Many of the manatees that you saw are actually being rehabilitated after they suffered injuries in the wild and once they are rehabilitated, we will be releasing them back into their habitats. We hope that when you return to visit us, you will go through the lines faster. Make sure to enjoy our water park area in the hot summer days. We hope to see you again.

Toronto, ON
5 attraction reviews
“Way too expensive. Whale & Dolphin show was fun. Rest of park not so much!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

$40 per adult ($30 per child) + $8.00 parking! Yikes!
I was definitely expecting a lot more out of Miami Seaquarium. We really enjoyed the Whale & Dolphin show, but the rest of the visit was overall a disappointment. We didn't get to see all of the shows, but we did enjoy the Top Deck Dolphin show as well, but it was hard to see as there weren't very many seats and most of us were just standing around the perimeter of the tank trying to look over and around each other's heads.
There is a general lack of sea animals to see, in my opinion. We only saw 1 Orca whale. Where are the Belugas or other types of whales?
My toddler definitely enjoyed the show, and that she's still saying "Dolphin... Splash" with an exaggerated hand motion, is almost (almost!) worth all the money we spent.
Overall, I would not recommend this park to others. If you can find a discount, maybe, but at full price... not worth it.

Visited March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Miami Seaquarium and for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to enjoy all the shows, but thank you for the positive reviews on the ones that you did see. We do offer feedings and do only have one whale, Lolita. We hope to see you again.

Coconut Creek, Florida
“My visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Took my Grandson in May to the Seaquarium and it really hasn't changed much. It was a HOT summer May day and for what you pay to get in, its a bit of a disappointment. So you get to see the whale show and the dolphin show-but that's it. Other than that, there's nothing else to really see/do for the kids. For the money that one pays to get in, I rather taken my Grandson to SeaWorld.

Visited May 2012
WorkingSpider, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We do offer fun feeding activities and a great water park for young kids to enjoy. We hope to see you again.