“The superb Miami Seaquarium” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: On a 38-acre tropical paradise with spectacular skyline views lies a South Florida attraction like no other. Welcome to Miami Seaquarium®, a place where dolphins walk on water and killer whales fly through the air. Where sea lions delight children of all ages and endangered sea turtles and manatees find a safe haven. Enjoy a world-class marine-life entertainment park with eight different marine animal shows and astonishing daily presentations. You've heard the mysterious legends and fascinating facts about dolphins, one of the world's most magnificent marine mammals. Now, you can have a hands-on experience with one of these amazing animals at Dolphin Harbor, the new home to our dolphin interaction programs at Miami Seaquarium.Miami Seaquarium® is a place of inspiration, education - and fun!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Kampala, Uganda
7 attraction reviews
“The superb Miami Seaquarium”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

What an excellent experience! Swam with dolphins; the trainers are really friendly and give you so many opportunities to interact with the dolphins, walked underwater surrounded by stingray and fish; this was on the sea trek, watched some fantastic shows with the piece de la resistance being the killer whale show - amazing acts, huge splashes and great fun for everyone. This really is a must visit place when in Miami. We got a reduced price on the Sea Trek because we were already doing the swim with the dolphins. Excellent day out and real value for money!

Visited December 2012
WorkingSpider, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time swimming with dolphins, stingrays and watching some great shows. We hope to see you and your family again.

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
41 attraction reviews
“Good & bad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My family went to the Disney & Universal theme parks but not SeaWorld in Orlando. So while in Miami, we decided to visit the Seaquarium. Many reviewers cited the high prices as negative points from entrance & parking fee to photographing & even the food. I don't mind & would like to think that all the money (at least part of it) will go to improvements.
The park is tidy and well arranged. The staff members are polite, knowledgeable & helpful. The photographers were not pushy. The program sheet is informative with a good timetable-like format to list the schedule of the various presentations and shows. We all thoroughly enjoyed the talks, the dolphins & killer whale shows. The shows were entertaining & well prepared. Kudos to the staff.

We paid for photo with the dolphin & liked the fact that the photographers took many shots for us to choose. We can see that the trainers took care not to stress the dolphins. The rapport between animals & trainers seem genuine & warm, it is a pleasure to see such bonding. Thank you.

Unfortunately, there are some negatives. The dilapidated condition really need urgent improvement & it is not just for esthetics reasons. For instance, the crocodile enclosure requires urgent attention. Honestly, I was with my kids & the rickety wooden enclosure really made me feel nervous.

The dining needs improvement too. Guests at attractions are prepared to pay for expensive food, just look at the overpriced food in Disney & Universal parks and yet, the restaurants are crowded. But to serve poor quality food, is simply adding salt to injury. My hotdog was the worst I have ever had in my entire life.

I am also concerned about the enclosure space for the killer whale. I understand real estate in Miami is probably more expensive than in Orlando but seeing the killer whale in the small tank is painful.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Miami Seaquarium. We thank you for the positive comments on our staff and the shows. We are always working on making improvements and will take your suggestions into consideration when making future improvements, we hope to see you again.

Waterville, Vermont
17 attraction reviews
“Dolphin Odyssey and Shows are the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I took my boyfriend here to swim with the dolphins for his birthday. He did the Dolphin Odyssey program and said it was amazing. He not only swam with them but the trainers also did lots of other interactive things with them and the dolphins. We also saw a seal show which was fun and the killer whale and dolphin show, which was amazing! If I were you I would not miss that one, nor would I sit in the first 5-10 rows (splash factor!). I agree with the above that the pictures they sell are expensive. $42 for four pictures, but the kicker for me is that is the minimum. If you go to watch someone try to snap your own! If we could, we would have just purchased one print for a lower price. Oh well. Either way it was a great experience!

Visited October 2012
WorkingSpider, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review! What a great gift that you were able to give to your boyfriend and we are happy to hear that you both enjoyed your time with us. We are sorry to hear that you found the pricing on the pictures expensive, we hope that you got some great images of your own. We hope to see you again.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

That is how I would describe it. From the delapidated facilities to the over priced($40 per person) everything overall horrible day out NOT worth the time, money, or effort. Would rather sit in a cold dark room for a day than waste my time and money there. DO NOT GO

Visited November 2012
WorkingSpider, Manager at Miami Seaquarium, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We are always making improvements and work very hard in up-keeping our facilities; we hope that you give us a second chance in the future.

Sartell, Minnesota
13 attraction reviews
“Fun Place, Not too Packed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at the placed on Friday Morning just as the place was opened. Parking was $8 plus the fee to get in. I think they could have went without the parking fee. We were greeted as we came in and they asked us if we'd like our picture taken which we could purchase later in the photo shop. They gave us a map and instruction on what time the shows started. There are some good shows and some that are not all that great... BUT still they are all interesting and they do a good job telling their stories. A couple of the shows we went to the Microphones on the person doing the most talking would cut in and out. I know they probably get wet and that doesn't help but they could use an upgrade there. The Dolphin shows and the Killer Whale Shows of course are the best. We ate pizza while we were there as my family just got a large pizza (was the best value). If there is any downfall to this place I'd say it would be the cost of the photos that they allow you to purchase. If its the picture you take when you walk in the door, or if it be a picture taken with a bird, a lizard, or a dolphin. In my opinion I think they'd sell a ton more at $10-$15 rather than trying to sell them from $20 up to $50 for the one with the dolphin. Still a great place for kids to go.

Visited November 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We thank you for your comments and opinions on how we can improve. We hope to see you again.