The main purpose of the visit was for the Dolphin Odyssey, which I gave to my girlfriend as a gift. My review will basically be pros and cons so that it is more helpful.
Dolphin Odyssey Pros:
- great facilities (clean showers, lockers, etc)
- very knowledgeable trainers
- fair prices, especially if you are a resident of Florida, when compared to other places in the Keys
- great experience with the dolphins, extremely fun, great for all ages(and sizes)
*one thing to point out: time in water is 30 minutes(actually 29, but who is counting right) but all in all you will spend about an hour and a half from when you enter to when you exit, so make time
Dolphin Odyssey Cons:
- all trainers were courteous and polite but only couple were nice and smiling, I do understand they get nervous with tourists there, especially when many don't speak the language and therefore cannot follow instructions, but they should know how to handle them after so many years of doing this and try to give a smile. Only two of the trainers smiled and there were 7 of them with us.
- the photos are EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE and you cannot buy just one print, you must get a package (starting at $42). I ended up buying all pictures on a CD for $60 since the $42 package only includes 4 prints. One photo should be complimentary in the price that one pays to get in the water and then one could buy more if desired. Obviously they place their photographers in the ideal place so that family members cannot take the same pictures the photographers take.
As for the rest of the park, I have been there several times. It coincided with the Halloween weekend, and they had many Halloween themed attractions, which is very nice for the kids. They also had places for trick or treating and a party at the end.The shows are great but the whole park is in great need of a face lift. It looks very old(with the exception of the Dolphin Harbour). The Seaquarium is a landmark in Miami and in order to survive in the future it needs to innovate and remodel. All in all we had a very nice time but the park needs to renovate(I know times are tough but they will get tougher without renovations). Would definitely recommend the Dolphin Odyssey.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
November 6, 2012
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience with the dolphins. Thank you for sharing your pros and cons with us; we are always working on making improvements and we thank you for your input.
We hope to see you and your girlfriend again.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.