“Only if there is nothing else to do.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Little Havana

Little Havana
Miami, FL (Little Havana)
Improve this listing

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The spirited Cuban neighborhood of Miami where the sights, sounds and smells are intoxicating. Be sure to sample a traditional Cuban meal or grab a quick sandwich cubano and some empanadas at any of the walk up counters.
Wall Township, New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“Only if there is nothing else to do.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Little Havana is a very small tourist area with not much going on. Versialles (sp) Restaurant in this area is fantastic and worth the trip. Have the Cuban coffee

Visited December 2013

metro area Washington, DC
20 attraction reviews
“Little Havana - holds a place in my heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Little Havana holds a special place in my heart. I taught school in Little Havana when the Cuban airlifts were in progress and 8th Street, Little Havana, was just in bloom. Lots of wonderful memories! It had fabulous restaurants and bakeries near the downtown area at that time. Cuban cakes and pastries have to be the best in the world! All are soaked in a rum sauce. I used to buy one of each at Los Pinos Bakery, now gone. After eating lots of Cuban pastries at Don Pan in LH, my teenage daughter had a piece of regular chocolate cake in another restaurant. She took a bite, turned up her nose, put her fork back on the plate and said, "This cake doesn't taste right." I laughed and said, "It's not Cuban--no rum, and dry!" LH has greatly expanded but La Carreta and Versailles Restaurants are still wonderful! You can stop by Maximo Domino Park and watch them play the Cuban pasttime-dominos, or go into a small Cuban grocery store for a Cuban bite to eat from the deli and a drink. Get an expresso at a cafe window with a pastel de guayaba--muy sabrosa!!

Visited July 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
37 attraction reviews
“Interesting if you like to stray from the beaten path...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stopped off here whilst on one of the Hop on Hop off buses. I think all in all we were here for about 90 mins tops and it was a fun and interesting place to see but IMHO you wouldn't need any longer than that to see everything.

We went to Maximo Domino Park and the people there were very welcoming to us inquisitive tourists, we walked up and down SW 8th street to soak up the atmosphere, there were people playing Cuban music bu the road side and it was fun to see all the different Cuban shops and things for sale. Note - you will not get any authentic Cuban souvenirs here as there is a US trade embargo against Cuba!

We visited the Bay of Pigs monument, complete with random chickens walking past and there are interesting murals to see on the walls. We stopped for lunch at a roadside cafe (opposite Mcdonalds) and I found it interesting and a little surprising that the girl serving us could barely understand English. We managed to order the "best cuban sandwich" and a cola in the end though lots of pointing and gesticulating which was nice and filling but the crusty bread took the roof of my mouth off!

All in all I think our visit, although brief was interesting and gave us a broader insight into the city of Miami, I always like to feel I've strayed from the beaten track a little when I go on holiday and if that's your mindset then I think you'd enjoy Little Havana.

Visited October 2013
Brockville, Canada
151 attraction reviews
“Nice Place to Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

As part of a tour, we had a brief stop in Little Havana. I enjoyed walking around the area an taking pictures of the murals on the walls. Maximo Gomez Park was also a place that I checked out. If I had more time, I would have asked to play chess or dominos with the locals. I loved all the colourful buildings and music in the air.

Visited November 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Sad and dull evening...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Encouraged by very tempting, enthusiastic descriptions from the guidebook, we went to Little Havana on a Wednesday early evening. Such a disappointment! The place was dead and empty, nothing going on, no people playing domino, no Cuban music, no one dancing... Honestly, I don't recommend going to Littile Havana unless you specifically want to visit a particular restaurant/shop etc. or... at least decide to go there during the day and on a weekend...

Visited November 2013