“Get here early for lunch & enjoy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fratelli Milano

Fratelli Milano
213 SE 1st St, Miami, FL 33131-1901 (Downtown)
305-373-2300
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SE 2nd Ave
St. Augustine FL
“Get here early for lunch & enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Arrived around 11:30 and they were already folks sitting down, but 12:00 the place was packed. I noticed a pizza coming out of the kitchen and it looked good.

So for lunch I ordered the Contadina pizza and my business associate ordered a pepperoni. While we were waiting they brought out some great bread, which we quickly consumed.

The pizza's arrived in about 15 minutes and man they were good. I also noticed salads and fish coming out of the kitchen that looked great.

This is on the top of places to eat in Miami going forward.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Jackson
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I ordered a chicken pesto panini that was served on wonderful bread with fresh chips. This is a great spot with good service. It's a hidden downtown gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food but horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I visited this restaurant a year ago with a friend and we didn't have great service but the food was really good. So when I came back to it few weeks ago on a business trip I thought I would give them a second try. My coworker and I had worse service then the first time I was there! We waited forever after we say down so much so that the hostess noticed and took our drink order. People got served before us who arrived after us. The food was really good but once we brought our compliant to the waiter he didn't really seem to understand. Definitely will not be going back there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lissone, Italy
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This review is hard to find a specific place to start. Soooo many good things to say about this place. But there was one bad.

Gonna take you from start to finish on this great night. Unfortunately the bad was the first thing when we walked through the door. The host/FOH manager greeted us with a smug look and asked how many people were in our party. We said 6, he kind of rolled his eyes when we answered "no" to having reservations. There were 3 tables seated at this time and he said he couldn't seat us. We pushed a little and were finally seated at a 4 top and 2 of us at the bar. This is when the awesomeness started.

I sat at the bar with my buddy and we started off with an Argentinian Malbec and the Pruosciutto e Capra (recommended by our waiter). Both were amazing. The prosciutto melted in your mouth, goat cheese superb, the peppers roasted perfectly, and the pesto oil seasoned the bread to magnificence. I wanted to order this for my entree.

I overcame this desire and ordered Pappardelle Milano which was also recommended by our waiter. As his coworker was grabbing a beverage for her table she chimed in saying how amazing it was. I was sold before they told me that the pasta is handmade upstairs by one of the two brothers that runs this establishment this took it over the top for me. He also hand makes the fresh pastries. The other brother is the head chef. The noodles were cooked perfectly and were so flavorful, Then you add in the flavors of the filet mignon, sun dried tomatoes, chianti wine, the already tried fantastic goat cheese, and truffle oil to the homemade tomato sauce and you have the best pasta dish I have ever had. My mouth is watering right now thinking through the experience.

We finished off the night with a chocolate cake dessert, sorry I can't remember the name, that had a soft gooey center that melted in your mouth. It was served beautifully plated with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I was super full so this was a shared dessert. Everyone that tried it went on and on about this decadent dish.

So as you can see I'm a pretty big fan of this place. Every employee besides the manager provided stupendous customer service but he alone took my rating to 4 stars. I will say that this was the best Italian food I have had a chance to experience. The other people that I was with were thoroughly impressed also.

Almost forgot! The prices weren't stupid crazy either. We had an appetizer, two of their most expensive entrees (both of which were quite large), bottle of wine, and dessert brought us right around $100 before tip and totally worth it.

Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“The first bite shall define your dining experience...It is True!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The first bite shall define your dining experience...It is True! A quote from Francesco who was our waiter for the evening and It is true. Everyone spoke Italian and once inside these doors; you are quickly transported to a sidewalk cafe in Milano. We started the evening with antipasti and brushetta complimented with Chianti from the Tuscany region of Italy. First, the Chianti arrived with oven fresh bread along with a tomato/ olive oil dipping sauce. What a mouth explosion! The meal can stop here! Oh; but wait...there is much , much more to come...So now I understood when Francesco said "let the first bite define your dining experience..." We ordered our main course and I selected the, Scaloppine Al Limone. And what a grand finale this dish is. Prepared Veal medallions sauteed in a white vine, butter, lemon and capers sauce served with an arugula, grape tomatoes and goat cheese salad...ahh it does not get any better than this. Of course there was no room for dessert but we did not want the evening to end so soon .... why not? I ordered the Panna Cotta made of creamy vanilla flavored custard served with berries along with a cafe cappuccino. A little slice of Italy awaits you in the heart and soul of downtown Miami. This restaurant is very easy to locate and parking is abundant. The prices are reasonable. This is great location to meet friends and business colleagues to show off the Best of Miami. The wait staff is very accommodating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere