“Talk to animals” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sanctuary for endangered, rare and threatened animals including tigers, crocodiles and the infamous Komodo Dragon, plus special animal education programs geared for children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Miami Dade
19 attraction reviews
“Talk to animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our Miami Zoo has been refurbished and its lovely. Its a large Zoo with an abundance of animals/tress and it has a mono rail and bikes for rent. Come and enjoy a day at the zoo

Visited December 2013

Miami, Florida
“Miami's Top Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Zoo Miami should be the first place to visit when in South Florida or Miami-Dade. We like the gardens exhibiting all types of lush tropical plants and beautifully well kept gardens. Many hanging blooming orchids, bromelias ...it's a paradise. Always plenty of clean fresh air, oh man this is healthy tour!
It is safe for tourists to take a nice long walk through a tropical forest, the paved paths are about three miles long. I can recommend a nice long walk to settle the nerves. All you need are comfortable shoes, a bottle of water and be ready to enjoy your sight. The animals in the zoo are divided in geographical areas of the world, such as Africa, Tropical Forest, Aviary, Children's zoo etc. What makes Zoo Miami a fun place to visit is the combination of gardens, lakes and animals. The price of admission is very reasonable, an adult ticket is under twenty dollars. It's a big place to see...a walking tour can take at least two hours. They also rent tricycles,or take the train if your are not in a walking mood. The Zoo Miami is located near the Florida Turnpike exit, about 15 miles southwest from the International Airport or about a half an hour ride.
A nice Florida tan is always free.

Visited December 2013
Canton, Connecticut
“Great Day with relaxed animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went during the week when it wasn't crowded. The animals seemed content and relaxed. Much more interaction than you get when a crowd is around. The animals also had a good deal of open space, similar to what you see at the Bronx Zoo, San Diego or Cincinnati Zoo. I highly recommend renting one of the pedal cars. These human powered 'cars' can accommodate 2, 4 or 6 people. It's a great way to get around the park on YOUR schedule. A plus is the tarp on the roof which keeps the sun off of you. We had a ball feeding the giraffes.

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Be prepared to walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Miami has a great zoo. Just don't go there in the summer time!!! We have lived her for years and I am a member there. I go frequently to practice photography. I mostly rent a cycle so that I can load up my gear, but the distances are huge and you will really need the bike to see the far distant exhibits. Food there is not worth the money. Bring your own snack. The exhibits are best seen early in the cooler mornings before the animals hide from the broiling sun.

Middletown, Connecticut
41 attraction reviews
“Top notch zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I can almost say I planned to vacation in Miami so I could come here and was quite impressed! I love taking our family to zoos all over and this one was very well managed. First off the price is 14.95 per adult, quite reasonable considering how much these animals can eat! Animals all looked healthy, enclosures were spacious, and low fences made viewing even for little ones easy. It almost felt like a stroll in a park except there are lions or giraffes on the other side of the hedges (The zoo did a great job hiding moats and barriers). Zoo is quite large, we never felt crowded or rushed when viewing the animals but it could have been cause our visit was a weekday in winter, much more comfortable if you ask me. We actually came back for a second visit with their 5 for 5 deal ($5/pp if you return within 5 days). Mostly we returned so we could ride a bicycle cart this time; looked great but maybe I got a bum bike cause I was sweating hard trucking our two kids and wife (who's steering wheel and pedals probably didn't work!) had a good laugh at my expense! Still a fun day, visiting Zoo Miami was the highlight of our vacation.

Visited February 2014

Been to Zoo Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zoo Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.