“Be prepared to walk” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sanctuary for endangered, rare and threatened animals including tigers, crocodiles and the infamous Komodo Dragon, plus special animal education programs geared for children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Be prepared to walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Miami has a great zoo. Just don't go there in the summer time!!! We have lived her for years and I am a member there. I go frequently to practice photography. I mostly rent a cycle so that I can load up my gear, but the distances are huge and you will really need the bike to see the far distant exhibits. Food there is not worth the money. Bring your own snack. The exhibits are best seen early in the cooler mornings before the animals hide from the broiling sun.

Middletown, Connecticut
41 attraction reviews
“Top notch zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I can almost say I planned to vacation in Miami so I could come here and was quite impressed! I love taking our family to zoos all over and this one was very well managed. First off the price is 14.95 per adult, quite reasonable considering how much these animals can eat! Animals all looked healthy, enclosures were spacious, and low fences made viewing even for little ones easy. It almost felt like a stroll in a park except there are lions or giraffes on the other side of the hedges (The zoo did a great job hiding moats and barriers). Zoo is quite large, we never felt crowded or rushed when viewing the animals but it could have been cause our visit was a weekday in winter, much more comfortable if you ask me. We actually came back for a second visit with their 5 for 5 deal ($5/pp if you return within 5 days). Mostly we returned so we could ride a bicycle cart this time; looked great but maybe I got a bum bike cause I was sweating hard trucking our two kids and wife (who's steering wheel and pedals probably didn't work!) had a good laugh at my expense! Still a fun day, visiting Zoo Miami was the highlight of our vacation.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing days out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

So much to see and do, we had to return on a second day to see the rest!
Our 3 year old son loved the place, there was so many interactive things to get involved with. Especially the water play park (bring swim wear and water shoes) and the dino pit - dig for dinosaur fossils!
The animal exhibits were greatly laid out so that you can see the animals clearly in their enclosures.
We had so much fun. This zoo is a great day out for adults and kids, all animal lovers and probably the best zoo I've been to in the world.

Plymouth, Minnesota
12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We go to a zoo on all of our vacations and this one is different than most. The animal habitats are spread apart and natural looking. The animals look happy. There were zoo keepers doing feedings and answering questions. We got to see the tiger get his morning snack and we fed the giraffes a bowl of lettuce. We shared a taco salad at the outdoor restaurant by the Amazon area and it fed both of us for a reasonable cost. The day we were there (2/5/14) was really warm and humid, so the various air conditioned buildings and restrooms were a welcome surprise. It really does take all day to see everything.

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
6 attraction reviews
“Lovely attraction”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We are 60 - somethings and love animals so we decided to give the zoo a try as we are staying in Miami for a few days. We were not disappointed. However, if done again, I think we might rent the surrey. It's lots of walking and, although we are both in reasonable shape, we found it tiring to get from place to place. The signage was a bit confusing and we didn't think the map was very helpful... and my husband is a really good map reader. But, he was stymied a few times. It seemed odd to me that there was no personnel around anywhere to assist or give direction.
We visited on a Friday and did not find it crowded. However, when we arrived at 1pm, they only had one ticket window open so there was quite a long line formed. Anyway, all in all, we would recommend this nice zoo that seems to take good of the animals. Many species we had never heard of before! Worth a visit.

Visited February 2014

Been to Zoo Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zoo Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.