“A Must to Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife, Walking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sanctuary for endangered, rare and threatened animals including tigers, crocodiles and the infamous Komodo Dragon, plus special animal education programs geared for children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
“A Must to Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Miami Zoo is quite large. Wear comfortable walking shoes. The giraffes are amazing! It is quite hot and humid in the summer months so drink plenty of water. The zoo is child friendly/stroller accessible. There is food that can be purchased there. The cost to get in for one adult was almost $50. There is a lot of parking available. Obviously, the sooner you arrive to opening time, the more up close parking you will get. There are gift shops on the grounds. The earlier in the day that you go, the less people and the less intense sun rays. Do bring sun screen. The Miami Zoo is a must as it is quite awesome for animal lovers!

Visited June 2013

Virginia Beach
10 attraction reviews
“Lots of animals that I have never seen before!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I are both in our mid 60's and we still enjoy going to the zoo. This zoo is one of the best we have ever seen. It's huge-the trail is about 3 miles long but you can rent cycles if you'd prefer not to walk. We went right after a rain storm so the park had emptied out, the animals were all outside enjoying the cooler weather and we were able to get first hand views of nearly all the animals!

Visited September 2013
Trinidad, West Indies
18 attraction reviews
“Great family fun...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a repeat visitor to Zoo Miami and I am sure I shall be back several more times... I love these outdoor fun times with my family and as such this is definitely a location whenever I have a couple hours extra in Miami with my family. I enjoy riding the 4 wheel cycles with my family while we explore the Zoo. That is what makes this Zoo so different from others... Will be back again soon!

Visited August 2013
New York
9 attraction reviews
“NOT THE BEST”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

well what can i tell about the zoo, is nothing amazing is a normal zoo, and i think the animal is the same in every zoo, nothing special nothing amazing.
for the kids, is ok, but not so much fun, and sometimes bored.

the price was normal for miami, but for a general zoo, like always is miami,.. to hig

Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, PA
27 attraction reviews
“So so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Too much hype, coll ads, but not too much to see, especially with a 8 y/o. Excellent food, but not really "CEVICHE", great service.

Visited December 2012

Been to Zoo Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zoo Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.