“Miami MetroZoo” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sanctuary for endangered, rare and threatened animals including tigers, crocodiles and the infamous Komodo Dragon, plus special animal education programs geared for children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Boston, Massachusetts
“Miami MetroZoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This zoo is AMAZING. Very clean, easy to get around (you can ride a bicycle tram!), and a great variety of animals. They are not caged, but in the open, and sometimes it feels as though there are no barriers, they are so subtle. The best feature for my family was the Giraffe feeding area. There is a platform that is at their head height, and the gentle giraffes come right over and let you feed leaves to them. It was the highlight of my grandsons' trip. Very cool.

Visited February 2013

5 attraction reviews
“Best Zoo in South Fl!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband, my daughter and I love this zoo!! It has so much to offer for such an affordable ticket price!
It is so big that if you go walking you probably will not go through out the entire zoo... Personally I do not like to rent the carts they offer you because you will miss so much!! We did it only once and we regreted! we had to be back to return the cart in 2 hrs otherwise they will charge you extra! if you walk you can just enjoy the ride! "walk" :) I mean you go faster than walking but you wont stop to see everything! We love the different areas design for kids! My daughter has so much fun that it is worth the ride for us! It is about an hr and 15 mnts to get there for us but it is worth it! We bought the annual pass for so cheap, we have returned like 6 times already! You will never get bored at this zoo! Bring your family, friends, date, kids and have an amazing time! Get there early so you can enjoy everything! I love this zoo!

Hypoluxo, Florida, United States
“A lot of walking!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The zoo is very spread out and there is a lot of walking involved; however, you can rent a peddle cart for a fee which holds about four adults.

We went in the afternoon and they had a lot of the animals "off exhibit" which I'm guessing means they were feeding them. It was disappointing because I really wanted to see the elephants. It wasn't really possible to circle back around to go see the animals you missed because everything was so spread out so we ended up missing quite a lot.

Note - they have a travelling exhibit there called "Crittercam" which was really cool to see that I think is there thru April 2013.

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
48 attraction reviews
“Best Zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been bringing my kids since they were very little to this Zoo. I love that the animals have such large enclosures and they seem so healthy. The Apes are fantastic always up to a bit of fun, running around making noises etc. I like to go the zoo either early in the morning when it's not to hot or late in the afternoon when they are getting ready to be fed. That when they become the most active.
In fact I plan to this weekend again! So I will be writing more about it soon.
You need the whole day if you are planning to see all the animals. I would make it even more fun by taking pen and pad for the kids and asked them to write the name of the animals they most liked and later we would look them up. The animals that are in danger of extinction are labeled on the sign so it also is very educational and gets kids thinking about endangered animals.
A part from all that it is such a wonderful memory for the kids; spending a day with their loved ones enjoying all the interesting animals!
This Zoo is for the whole family take everybody.
I hope you go soon!

Visited November 2012
“Ist a big zoo and has a good variety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I loved it, we came from a small city and we love how well taken care the animals are. It is pretty easy to see the animal cause they are in the open, the only downside is that sometimes the animal are asleep but that is normal all living things sleep. From my two little ones to me and my wife we hated the food and in my opinion it was overpriced for the bad quality. It would be more awesome if there were more boards with a more information and facts about the animal.

Been to Zoo Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zoo Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.