“Very nice place to visit” 4 of 5 stars

Activities: Viewing wildlife, Walking
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sanctuary for endangered, rare and threatened animals including tigers, crocodiles and the infamous Komodo Dragon, plus special animal education programs geared for children of all ages.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Kriens, Switzerland
“Very nice place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went to this zoo because it was recommended in my traveling guide.
I can tell you I was far from disappointed, it's a great place to spend a few hours. Luckily we chose a day were there weren't a lot of people. Walked through the whole facility which took about 4 hours total. If you don't have that much time there's a train running through the park, a few meters above the ground, which drives every 30 minutes, also you could rent what I would call "bikes", but it's more like combined bikes kind of like a golf cart. They have a huge variaty of animals and pretty much all of them are in quite spacious, open areas without cages, bars or anything like that. Also the staff which drives around in golf carts always greets you, which is very nice. Also very impressive: A huge area with hundreds of different birds.

Only thing that keeps me from rating it as excellent is, that I expected the areas in which the animals are held to be a bit bigger (especially the snakes and frogs), about four type of animals were not in there areas ("off exhibit"), also as it wasn't a busy day only half of the food stands were open.

Visited February 2013

Miami, Florida, United States
17 attraction reviews
“Always a good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a great zoo, with lots of interactive exhibits even Big kids can enjoy. Feeding the giraffes was one of my favs :)

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
“What a Zoo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Was not expecting to have such a great day at the zoo. Was over in Miami for a work conference, decided to bring my wife along with me as we have some friends over here. We thought we were lucky to have san Diego Zoo so close, but this Zoo really surprised us. I guess because there is great weather all year round it allows exotic animals from Australia, Africa and Asia to be comfortable. A free range zoo. Here you can see animals mixing much like they would in Africa. A great place to bring the kids and family. I reccommend renting a 2 seater bicycle because there is alot of walking involved. The Zoo is over 300 acres.

There is lots of trees to give you shelter from the sun. Opens at 9ish and closes around 5ish. We bought our tickets online.

Visited August 2012
Dallas, TX
15 attraction reviews
“Open style zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I like the open style of this zoo. No bars or cages. If you are an animal lover like me you will appreciate the freedom of the animals. If you are a kid you might be a little ticked off for not seeing many animals in the heat when they hide in the shade.

Visited March 2012
Homestead, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Great day at the zoo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Took the lady for a day at the zoo and had a great time. Think we paid around 26 dollars for 2 and arrived fairly early. Overall a good day. I myself have mixed emotions seeing such beautiful animals in such small habitats but it was a good learning experience. The zoo appears to be fairly well kept although some of the areas could use updating. We chose to walk the zoo and they do offer 4 wheel peddle bikes for a fee to travel around the park. I actually found that most people driving them were very annoying and completely disrespectful for the pedestrians walking about. In all a fun day and I would return again.

Been to Zoo Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zoo Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.