“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 129 hotels in Miami
Vitoria, ES
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

All Staff were very friendly,beautiful view from my room,price was good but parking was expensive,near to nice place in downtown as square waterfront,the gym was good but there was just little work out machine but a lot treadmill,there was a publix market near about 50 meter,the internet service average.There was a Starbucks inside the hotel and big restaurant,little far to Miami beach.I recommend

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
We are so pleased to read that the value of the Hilton Miami Downtown matched your expectations and that your stay was so comfortable. Knowing that you enjoyed the use of our on-site fitness center as well as the location of our hotel is a lovely compliment. Nothing starts the day quite like a fresh cup of coffee and our Starbucks is a favorite with many of our guests. Although we do charge for parking, it is comparable to most area hotels and we hope that it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. Thank you for your review, we would love to have you stay with us again.

1,783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The good:
The front desk staff was pleasant and upgraded me to a junior suite. The suite was very big and had incredible views of the city and the bay. The restaurant was very good.
The bad:
Though the room was big, I would have been disappointed if I had paid for a suite. It was just a really big room with a bed, a desk, and a small couch. When I think suite, I think more than one room. I appreciate the free upgrade avd enjoyed the room, just thought I would mention it.
The valet was really awful. I should have just parked myself. I called for my car and then made my way slowly down to the motor lobby. Usually when you call ahead the car is waiting, but not here. I tried to hand my ticket to the lady in the booth, but she couldn't be bothered. She literally ignored me. When I found someone to take my ticket, I got my car ten minutes later.
The ugly:
The air conditioner was the loudest I have ever heard. There was a plaque on the wall by the thermostat telling me that auto fan was the quietest setting. Quietest relative to a jet taking off. It literally woke me up every time it came on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
While we are glad you appreciated an upgrade to your comfortable suite accommodations as well as the service you encountered upon check in, it seems that we missed the mark when it comes to some other issues and for that we are truly sorry. It is regrettable that the sound from your air conditioning unit disrupted your peace or if you were not entirely impressed with your guest room. We will be sure to share your comments with our valet associates to ensure that they are providing their most prompt service. Thank you for your feedback, we hope to see you again.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived early (12pm) and pre checked in with Ingrid at the front desk who was very friendly and personable! The room was not ready (understandable) so we went to the bayside marketplace which was just a few minutes from the hotel-we received a call at 1pm advising us our room was ready (Yay!). The room was very spacious (although a little outdated), bed was outstanding, and we had beautiful views (room 1701)! Leo the bellman brought our luggage up to our room, he went as far as setting it on the luggage racks for us and even gave us some dinner recommendations- he was great! Housekeeping was awesome throughout the stay, sheets were changed when needed, towels and bath amenities replenished continuously. We didn't really have time to enjoy any of the amenities at the hotel but relaxed poolside one early evening after dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was delicious- pool looked refreshing but it was too chilly at that point to take a dip. Overall we really enjoyed our 5 day stay and if ever in Miami again would definitely return!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
What a lovely account of your five day stay with us at the Hilton Miami Downtown, thank you! It is always our pleasure to comfortably accommodate our guests from check in to check out and our associates will all be so pleased to know they contributed to your positive encounter. The views from our rooms are truly stunning and we are glad to know you enjoyed them as well. We look forward to welcoming you again and we hope it is soon.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Miami Downtown as it was half the price of staying at South Beach and was only a $15 cab fare to go to South Beach. The rooms were a good size and very comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel offered everything we were after, however on our next visit we would choose to stay at South Beach rather than Downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
What a pleasure it is to know that you found such value in your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown! Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our spacious and comfortable accommodations in addition to our friendly service. While guests can chose to take a cab to visit the local area, we are steps away from the free MetroMover Monorail as well as the Omni bus for additional reasonable alternatives. We hope you will consider another stay in the future.
Brandon, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed for four nights during a convention.

Don't like the fact there is no refrigerator in the room, rooms are clean and comfortable, was lucky as they were providing free in room WiFi (normally $10 a day) for the month of October. TV reception sucked, spent most of the time watching pixelated pictures (satellite TV!)..

Again I was lucky as our association got a deal on the parking and only had to pay $10 a day (normally $25 a day self parking!).

Not in the greatest location, two fast food restaurants in walking distance. A new Publix is less than a block away and has a Deli that serves hot and cold meals to go. You can also take the skywalk (from 3rd floor garage deck) to the Marriott next door, they have a mini Mall that has shops, restaurants and a Bakery/Deli which has reasonable prices.

Wouldn't stay here for pleasure!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Whether you are visiting for a corporate event, conference or a meeting, the Hilton Miami Downtown is the ideal hotel for all! Thank you so much for detailing your experience with us, we are so glad you found value in your stay and enjoyed comfortable accommodations. Please know that refrigerators are available upon request and if there is ever anything you need while you are here our associates are always happy to help. We hope to see you again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been to Miami Downtown last Spring. The front Desk is very friendly. When I ask to Upgrade from the Standard room by my gold card. They were very happy to help me check the status. They let me wait for ten minute and enjoy the free breakfast at the lounge first. And then, the waiter in the lounge help me pick up the room key. When I accessed the room, Wow, they gave me a junior suit. I only cost $100 for the suit. Pretty good.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We think our guests are great! It is always our pleasure to provide an excellent stay for all of our valued guests and we love hearing that our associates were such a positive part of your experience. We value your loyalty to the Hilton brand and are so glad you enjoyed your suite accommodations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again to the Hilton Miami Downtown.
Tampa FL, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Front desk Staff was overwhelmed unable to handle something not accustomed (free parking promised on reservation. housekeeping wakes you to inquire as to time of departure of room. event staff were excellent and service, food and accommodation for cocktail party and reception were very good..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Weddings at our hotel are such a special time and we are delighted that you had such a positive experience at your celebration. Our associates strive to ensure that every detail is handled so that guests can fully enjoy their time. It is unfortunate to learn, however, of your encounter with any other aspect of your stay and we ask that you accept our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences. Your comments will be shared with everyone here. We hope you will stay with us again for your next visit to Miami.

Been to Hilton Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!