We stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel was booked for us as my husband was working there, but I doubt we would have chosen to stay here after reading the previous reviews so we arrived with very low expectations. The surrounding area is not very attractive although there was a partial view of the sea from our room. There is a Publix supermarket across the street which is a plus.
The staff were friendly at check in and they dealt with a mistake on our bill without a problem.
Our room was o k but dated and the AC was extremely noisy- it even made a noise when switched off! The bed was comfortable and towels were changed regularly but I found rubbish in our room from a previous guest and it hadn't been dusted for ages.
I thought the vouchers for continental breakfast were quite ridiculous. We only wanted a bowl of cereal but that was on the buffet and cost 6 dollars extra each. Either include breakfast in the rate or don't! One day I tried some cooked food and it was lukewarm and the scrambled egg was horrible. They kept running out of things too. We had to ask for milk for our cereal.
The pool area was not attractive and there was no one at the pool bar throughout our stay- there were towels and a water cooler however. There was a total of 2 parasols and no cushions for the loungers although these are shown on the website pictures.
We ate from the bar menu one night and the food was o k although a waiter got a bit annoyed because we ordered from another waiter. Are we supposed to know which waiters table we were at?
Overall it was a poor example of a Hilton hotel and I wouldn't recommend it as there were homeless persons hanging about outside the hotel. On a positive note the free tram goes right past the door and is a great way to see the area.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Hilton Miami Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Miami
- Miami Hilton
- Hilton Miami
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Miami Downtown has completely renovated all 527 rooms and suites, featuring the Hilton Serenity Bed and Bath Collection. The new exercise facility features Fitness by Precor. Enjoy the heated roof top pool with views of Miami. The hotel offers the amenities today's travelers expect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.