“Great customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Book now and save 20%!
Ranked #36 of 113 Hotels in Miami
“Great customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before heading home and it was perfect! Rooms were spacious and comfortable! Hotel greeted us warmly which is what we always get from Hilton. I will definitely stay here again. Should have stayed here earlier in our vacation before our cruise. This hotel is close enough to port of Miami.

• Stayed November 2012
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Knowing that you enjoyed your stay so much you will be inspired to return is the best compliment we could receive! Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown. Warm, hospitable service and spacious, comfortable accommodations are just some of the many amenities you can expect when visiting us and our convenient access to the Port of Miami makes cruise travel a breeze. Next time we hope you can stay for a longer visit as it would be our pleasure welcome you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in room 434 October 18 and 19th with the Morinda Bioactive Fall National convention. When I went to take a shower, I removed the mat from the edge of the tub and a roach fell out. The hot water faucet was loose, and there appeared to be mold in some of the tile joints in the shower. I had breakfast Saturday morning and ordered from the menu. I had to send the eggs back as they were cold. I know this is Miami, but $28 a day for parking is really high!
I checked out on Sunday, the 20th to drive back to Orlando. When I got home, I noticed that I had left my iPad 2 in the hotel room, along with some dvd's from the convention. I immediately called the hotel, and they said no one had turned it in to Lost and Found. I called later that evening, and they said they would send a Security person to the room. They found no iPad in the room. I called the next day and asked to speak to Housekeeping. I got a voice mail, and left a message with my phone number that if the iPad was found, I would give $100 reward no questions asked. I did not receive a call back from Housekeeping. I am totally frustrated, as no one else was in the room after me except housekeeping. I had taken video of each speaker on Saturday which is now lost. My iPad 2 was over $600 and I find this to be totally unexceptable for a hotel with this name brand recognition. I want my iPad 2 back, but obviously it's in the hands of someone else. I was sent a email for comment about my stay, and I replied about the roach, faucet, mold and stolen iPad 2. I did not receive any reply back from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I’m disheartened to hear about your experience with us while in town for the convention. We work with a local pest control company for any pest issues and have addressed this problem. We've also worked with our housekeeping staff regarding the mold issues you experienced. The safety and security of our guests is always a top concern and we appreciate that you alerted us about your missing device. I regret that your iPad was not recovered and I apologize for the delay in replying to your message. Unfortunately we were unable to locate any correspondence regarding this issue and were unable to contact you for further information as do not have your contact information. Please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with our Director of Security for assistance. Thank you!
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

After reading several questionable reviews about the Hilton Miami Downtown I was hesitant to stay there, but I gave it a shot and was glad I did. My wife and I did an overnight stay at this hotel to see a concert at the American Airlines arena. We chose the hotel because it was within walking distance of the arena (thus eliminating paying to park) and we are hilton honors members. We chose to valet park although self parking is also an option. The valet attendants were very courteous. The Hotel is very nice. You have to take an elevator from the valet level up to the lobby area. Check in at the front desk was great. The Clerk (Luis) was extremely pleasant. He asked about our room preference and upgraded our room (good to be an HH member). Our room on the 17th floor was absolutely fantastic. Maybe an updated paint job may have been in order, but honestly the view from the room made us forget about everything else. We had been upgraded to a bay view room. We had the downtown miami skyline, the cruise port and more for a view. This was probably the nicest view I can remember from a hotel room. Not to mention the fact that the room was very very spacious which was appreciated. The bathroom was clean. Water pressure was good and the bed was very comfy. We had dinner in one of the downstairs restaurants. We didn't feel like leaving the hotel. Dinner was decent. It was expensive (as expected) but convenient. The following morning we also had breakfast downstairs using our continental breakfast voucher. My only complaint is that you had to pay additional to upgrade to a full breakfast, but I'm assuming this is one of the cost saving tools that Hilton is now using. Although this hotel is a very nice Hilton, I'm not sure if I'd do a lengthy stay here. If you're coming down to Miami to see a concert at the arena, then this hotel is an option. If you're on business in Miami, then this is definitely an option. If you're about to go on a cruise out of miami or just got in from a cruise then this is an option. I would definitely stay here again on a short trip. Great experience!

Room Tip: You want a bay view room!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AmericanAirlines Arena to the Port of Miami and more, the Hilton Miami Downtown offers the ideal accommodations and we are thrilled you agree. Thank you so much for sharing details regarding your stay with us, we are truly humbled by your kind review. The view of the Miami skyline is rather spectacular and we feel fortunate to gaze out on its beauty every day. From your dining experience to your spacious guestroom it seems as if you enjoyed so much and we are so glad it was such a pleasant surprise for you. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again for another great stay.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

A great place to stay if your in need of a downtown hotel. Employees were attentive, food was good and the price is right in there with most nice hotels in the downtown area. not far to the water either. thanks for a great weekend

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the great review of the Hilton Miami Downtown. With the perfect address in downtown Miami close to everything you may need, we couldn’t be happier to know you enjoyed your stay and will share your kind words with everyone here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hotel is located in a neigborhood that gets better every year. Comfortable rooms, clean and overall with a friendly staff, from bell boton, valet parking and Recepction desks. Nearby downtown and Bayside. Ideal for business or combo business/vacation, specially if you need to be in downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Downtown Miami is truly amazing and we feel so fortunate to part of such an exciting destination. Thank you for sharing your review and appreciation for the Hilton Miami Downtown. From your clean and comfortable accommodations to our hospitable team, it seems that you enjoyed your stay and for that, we are truly grateful. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again and we hope it’s soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent two nights here for a business meeting. The lobby was awkwardly laid out, barren, and uninviting, with a mix of old 60's tile, 80's walls and carpet, and a dash of late 90's techno for good measure. My room, 507, was in TERRIBLE condition, with the exception of the linens, which were the usual nice quality hotel linen. Paint, carpet and most furnishings were quite worn. The food, both that served at the meeting, and the room service I ordered, ranged from ordinary at best to inedible. The first night I got in I ordered a tuna steak with a salad- the tuna had THAT smell, and the salad was not fresh either. At the meeting the next day the fruits and vegetables had worn out their welcome the previous day. One redeeming feature of the hotel was its easy access to the Venetian Causeway, which is a beautiful walk across the bay.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Your feedback is welcomed and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us. It certainly concerns us to read your review as we take the comments of all of our guests very seriously and continuously strive to create a positive stay for all. We must apologize that you were in any way disappointed with your dining experiences and will be sure to share your comments with our management team. Please know that one of our associates is always available to help provide the best possible stay for all of our guests and if there was anything that we could have done that could have made your stay more positive, we would have be happy to help.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Fantastic hotel. The executive suite rooms have two floors to ceiling glass walls, with a perfect view of the sunrise and a clear view of the water. Rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. Free breakfast is included. Also, valet parking is slightly expensive, but worth the cost. The car was ready within five minutes of handing over the ticket. This hotel was also reasonably priced, especially compared to the overpriced Miami Beach locations.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We think your review is fantastic! Thank you for sharing your review of the Hilton Miami Downtown. From sunrise to sunset and beyond, the views from our downtown Miami hotel are some of the best in the area and we couldn't be happier to learn you enjoyed them as well as your clean, quiet accommodations and valet service. We hope to welcome you back again for another visit.

Been to Hilton Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!