“Great Conference Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 131 hotels in Miami
Alexandria, VA
“Great Conference Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I just returned from a conference at this hotel, and I also stayed here during the conference. It could not have been more convenient and just generally a very pleasant place. This is one of those places where the employees make the experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and positive. You definitely got the impression that these people cared about you. The wall to wall windows on my room were fabulous! It was a great view of downtown Miami and the cruise ship port. The room was comfortable. I really like the new Hilton "spa" products.

The only thing keeping this from an excellent review is that the conference rooms had some deficiencies. The food from our welcome buffet was excellent! Temperature control was a big problem as it was either too hot or too cold. There was also a very annoying hum from the airconditioner that made it hard to hear our speakers, plus, it was pretty annoying.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place. Airconditioning always seems to be a challenge in Florida, so this was not a major "no go," but rather, something the hotel should look into fixing. I would definitely consider staying here if I were catching a cruise due to the proximiy and the ease of getting to Bayside on the convenient and FREE Metromover.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Our bath products from Peter Thomas Roth allow you to luxuriate in the wonderful aromas and benefit from the richly nourishing face, body & hair care products. We are pleased to see that your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown fully met your expectations and are honored to have had you experience our seamless service. Please accept our apologies for the differential temperature with our air conditioners; we will have our Director of Engineering take a close look at it and hopefully find a solution.

Our convenient location and outstanding views are definitely two of our best assets and we’re happy that they both made your stay so enjoyable. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

1,572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Turkish first
rio de janeiro brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Near Miami Port, short taxi ride. Complimentary breakfast, shuttle to Dolphin Mall. Just a short walk to Metromover and Bayside. Room comfortable, clean and people polite. They provide early check in for us.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review. Convenience is so important when travelling and we’re thrilled that the Hilton Miami Downtown was able to provide you with that. It’s wonderful to learn that your accommodations met your expectations and your stay with us was enjoyable.

Thank you again for the recommendation; we hope you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to welcoming you back for another visit.
Santiago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at the hotel in august,2011. I went there with friends and we really enjoy it. Its very central located (7 min by car to Miami beach, near dolphin mall, just 2 minutes from the port). Service is great; they really make us feel welcome and helped us with everything we needed!
We were in a high floor with bay view, just wonderful!
I really recommend this hotel, great deal quality/rate

Room Tip: high floor, bay view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
The centric location of the Hilton Miami Downtown to many local attractions like the Dolphin Mall makes it a favorite choice of many of our guests and we’re so glad to see it worked out well for you. We are proud of the friendly service that our team members provide and we will surely pass along your kind comments to them.

We hope you visit Miami soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miami Downtown.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was here for one night with my family before we board a cruise ship across the bay. I was hhonors gold member so my room was upgraded to a bayview on high floor with access to lounge. Nothing to complain. The room is a big corner room with a balcony as big as the room itself :P floor to ceiling window provide great view and bright natrual light. As I was only there for one night I didn't utility all the services the hotel had to offer. Just used the lounge for snack in the early evening and breakfast the next morning. The lady at the nice enough to give my daughter an OJ even though it wasn't normally offered for snacks and only for breakfast. Of course, as in all other downtown hotels, parking is over-priced and I believe self-parking is almost as expensive as valet so I went with valet parking with unlimited ins and outs. There was one little bump in my stay, my room is a connecting room with the other side also occupied. The neighbor was a bit loud in the music playing but it goes with the connecting room so I can't really complain too much. Then I smelled cigarette smoke leaking through the connecting door. The smell gets stronger and stronger and I have a preganent wife and a small child so I called front desk and confirmed the hotel is a 100% smoke-free hotel and told them about the smoke. The manager was quick to investigate with security staff. Minutes later, the manager is back at my door and told me they have resolved the issue with my next door neighbor and asked me if wanted to switch room. It was late in the night so I thanked him and said I can just open the big sliding door to the balcony to air out the room. Overall, it was a very nice stay with excellent services.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are great with huge windows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
We value the feedback you have provided as this is the only way for us to continue to improve the services and courtesies that we extend to our guests. We are thrilled to see that our team members were able to accommodate your needs and create such a pleasant experience for you. Before your next stay at our hotel, please take a moment to check out our packages, some of which offer complimentary breakfast and valet parking.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The room is spacious and clean and quiet. The service is polite and efficient. Great place: a VIP Hotel with a standard hotel prices. I recomended
Sonia

Room Tip: Best views and quiet room
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Your recommendation is thoroughly appreciated and we’re so glad to see that your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown was so enjoyable. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and we hope to be able to welcome you back for an exceptional experience in the near future.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I was actually the traveler of the day with a Presidential Suite upgrade but unfortunately the room (although large) was very tired. mold on bathroom tiles, "eclectic" furniture, patio was ugly and holding standing water. I would pass on staying here ever again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
We are truly disconcerted to learn that your stay with us and our décor did not exceed your expectations, even more so after being upgraded to the Presidential Suite. Your comments have been shared with our Director of Housekeeping to make sure extra attention is given to the bathroom in the suite.

Thank you for your feedback.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We got to the Hilton on Biscayne Blvd late at night and got valet parking (due to regular parking not having ins-and-outs). Entered through the lobby which was clean and up the elevators to the front desk to check-in. We got two rooms for three nights. Check in was pretty quick, we headed up to the rooms and immediately went to bed. Slept well, great service. Ordered breakfast room service one of the mornings -- food was warm and portions were large. $16 not including tax/tip. Food was fine but the presentation was good. (mini ketchups, tabasco, variety of jams, etc) Would return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!