“Pre Cruise Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Pre Cruise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is close to the airport and offers a pre-cruise package. We enjoyed a lovely simple meal the night we arrived. The beds were fabulous! Staff was helpful and accommodating. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Comfortable and quiet enough - attentive staff; cases in point: there is a Kuerig coffee maker in the room and two of the Kuerig pods were provided - I like coffee, used both pods, and the next day the housekeeper had put extras out seeing that I'd used all that were provided; another point: mid-day the fire alarm kept going off - just as I'd get my socks on the alarm would quit. Happened half a dozen times with no explanation. When I enquired that evening, the front desk person gave me some extra Hilton Honors points for the disturbance (which remained unexplained other than to say the company that provides the service did it all on their own without notification to Hilton.)

About the traffic - nothing to do with the hotel, but traffic in this area is horrendous, even mid-day. It can take half an hour to go 20 blocks, three or four traffic like cycles to get through an intersection. The freeways that are close by are equally crowed. If I had to be different places around the city I'd choose a hotel close to where I had to be - otherwise allow additional driving time - and then add some to that.

Close to the airport but minimal airport noise

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an older but well-kept property; rooms are fine, beds good. The on-site restaurant was surprisingly satisfying, which was a good thing; there aren't many options nearby unless you have a car. The hotel shuttle picked us up after maybe a 15-minute wait. And they offer a one-way shuttle to the port of Miami for $12.

• Stayed December 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff was polite and friendly at every point of contact I had. This serves well for the hotel. It is well maintained and fairly new so they do a good job at keeping it looking this way. Breakfast is delicious and they have an extensive assortment as is typical of Hilton Gardens.
The minor drawbacks are accessing the location and overhead flights.
If traveling Eastbound, you have to know where the entrance is to take the roadway to the hotel as it is not clearly signed although it is clear to see where the hotel is. If traveling Wesbound, you have to come in a back access way or go past the hotel and u-turn to get to the hotel. You will notice that the hotel is in the direct path of aircraft landing which can make for some noise if you are a light sleeper but for the most part, the flights taper off and start up at a reasonable time. It is a nice property and short of the minor drawbacks, a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms to the north would be a bit further from trucking and air traffic noise. Consult your GPS if...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a great hotel to stay at pre-cruise - we were a party of 9. Service was great, from check-in, to breakfast, to the concierge helping shuttle many to the port. The gym was small but very adequate, with towels and fresh water. We arrived late, so ordered take-out from the restaurant, and it was good, even later at night. Soup was hot, salad was fresh. Breakfast the next morning was very good, hot and fresh, with good selections. The pool was beautiful, and the whole family enjoyed it. Would definitely stay here again. Great job Hilton!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lake Mary, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In my first trip to Miami, I had an event near the airport so I decided to save money and book a hotel nearby instead of spending a fortune for South Beach. I also wanted to play it safe and book a Hilton property, so I booked the DoubleTree by the airport. While I did not really have a bad experience, it was fine, it just wasn't what I expect from a DoubleTree.

Unlike other reviews I read, the desk staff was very friendly. They had a nice welcome package for me and my guests upon check-in. (very DoubleTree!) Once we got to the room I noticed how small the room was, how tiny the two beds were, and how small the tv was. I'm not there to watch TV - so whatever. But I was there to sleep after some long days. There were 3 of us so sharing the tiny beds with someone was not fun. This was a huge deal-breaker and I would never go back because of this. If I knew the beds were so small I would not have booked for 3 people, so beware!

Other than that the room just had a dated feeling. It appeared clean, but I just felt like I was staying at just any hotel, not a Hilton property. For my 2nd day I had to ask a maid for additional towels and she spoke absolutely no English whatsoever. I had to grab one off her cart and show her this was what I needed and she still was confused.

I guess in a pinch and with less people I would stay here but I'm sure I can spend a similar price and get something better nearby. This was the only time I've ever been disappointed at a Hilton property.

Room Tip: Choose a room appropriate for your parties size. Beware of the small beds.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Palm Bay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

we spent then night at the hotel before our cruise. the staff was very friendly. our rife to the port was very effivient. we would recommend this hotle to the others. the one thing was that they don"t have transportastion pick up afer the cruise they told us to take a taxi it would be about $35.00 but it was $45.00

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!