“The Hiltons is an extraordinary place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 25%
Ranked #30 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“The Hiltons is an extraordinary place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was at the Hiltons for a week and their service was great. First we were greeted in the most polite way and received complimentary water. The cleaners do an excellent job and even make stuff out of the towels . There was this one lady Nancy(a cleaner) who'd just be so nice we had to leave a special tip. They have complimentary wifi and the rooms are spacious. What you need you can just ask an employee or the front desk . They even have free shuttles to pick you up from the airport and take you there and other places. I recommend it for anyone who wants service for the money they pay. They have a beautiful outdoor area with a pool and hot tub and. It is just family friendly and I loved my stay there.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We had the most wonderful experience here. When we arrived we were exhausted from our trip. The staff was so kind, even upgraded us to a suite. The restaurant staff was great and so was the food. I highly recommend staying here!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean, the personnel really friendly, but the Matress was terrible, in a 2 beds room is almost impossible to sleep with your wife. The other problem was to find a parking because they use the parking as a low price airport parking and the hotel gets have to do the impossible to get one.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Due to flight and airport delays, I was only at to hotel for about 10 hours. But, I did use the dinner and breakfast. Both were good . Javier in the restaurant was awesome!

BUT...At any hotel that is named an Airport Hotel, you go there expecting that the staff is trained and accustomed to dealing with folks that are going to and from the airport. The airport shuttle at an airport hotel is just about the most important thing to any traveller. It can make or break your whole trip if problems occur. It would just make sense. But, the front desk staff on Sunday, August 17 was as far from trained and willing to help out with airport transfers and questions as is possible. I had called the hotel a week prior to our arrival to find out information on the airport shuttle. I was told to call when we arrived at the airport and they would come get us. That was easy I thought.

When we arrived at the Miami airport a week later, I called as instructed. I was told that the shuttle only picked-up passengers in one spot in the whole, huge Miami airport. The person told me to go there and the shuttle would be along shortly, I told the person that I was all together unfamiliar with the airport and it might take me a few minutes to get to the pick- up spot. It took a bit, but we got to the pick up spot. No bus. So, I called the hotel again 15 minutes after arriving at the pick-up spot. A different person told me that the shuttle only ran every 30 minutes and after checking on things, she said it would be there, in a few minutes. I called again 15 minutes later and was informed that it takes a while to go to all, of the pick-up spots to get people so it would be soon. One of the pick-up spots was in the terminal I was at in the first place and I told the agent that. She said that I really hadn't had to go that far so what was the big deal? Overall, we waited more than 40 minutes for the shuttle and got a different answer every time I called about the shuttle. The Hilton Airport shuttle, the Hampton and holiday Inn shuttles passed us three times while we were waiting. There's more to it all, but you get the idea. It was a mess.

The shuttle driver was very nice so we decided to ask him directly about going back,to the airport in the morning. He told us that the shuttle ran on the hour until 7 AM and from then on every 30 minutes.

Once at the hotel, the front desk lerk checked us in efficiently and quickly. Not one word about all the misinformation. No apology just a cold attitude. I feel sure she was waiting for me to make a comment on the three phone calls and complaints but I saved that for the hotel manager.

In the morning, At 6:15 AM, I told the front desk person..a new person.. That I needed to call a cab to go to the airport. .He said oh just take the shuttle to the airport it will be leaving at 6:30. I just shook my head and told him that the driver himself had told me that the shuttle ran at 6:00 and then again at 7:00 AM. He said, oh no, it will be leaving at 6:30 I promise. It left at 6:30, and we finally got to leave that mess of a shuttle behind.

The hotel was fine but not quite as nice as the usual HGInn. But will I stay there again...not in a million years.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I stayed here with my husband for a very short stay last night. We arrived at 10pm and had to leave at 6am. We waited for the van for longer than we would have liked, however, When we finally arrived, check in went smoothy and the front desk was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable, however, the lamps I plugged my ipad into and phone into did not charge them, and I had to find an alternative plug. My husband was also not impressed with the air conditioning system, as you cannot keep the fan running constantly while using air conditioning.

My husband called down to see if there would be coffee in the morning as there usually is at most hotels, as he generally doesn't like the room coffee, and was told there would be coffee in the morning in the lobby. When we went to check out of the hotel at 6am, and as we were entering the lobby, we heard several "f-type" swear words from the front desk staff. When they saw us, they stopped using inappropriate language. When we asked if there was any coffee in the lobby, they proceeded to tell us that coffee is at 6:30, and then pointed to the back of the key pouch that says breakfast starts at 6:30 on sundays. Luckily we went over to the breakfast area where the chefs were coming in for the day, and at first they said breakfast was at 6:30, but then we asked if it would be possible for the coffee and they were very helpful and nice and made some for us.

Overall we did not have the best experience and we probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Oak Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Liked it for the most part. Rooms clean and big! Nice pool. Great breakfast! Young man Manuel sold us on it assuring we would love our stay and we did. Only downside is various cigarette buds around pools perimeter. Friendly staff, but 1 bartender made a cheap joke after asking him for a glass of ice for my water. He said here it is in my dustpan just broke a glass so you can probably find an icecube.! Ummm really, hotel is so nice and your attitude ruined it.

• Stayed August 2014
hozkhar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The hotel is good for the price and in a good location for Miami airport and some shopping centers.

The rooms are big and well equipped, the quality of sleeping is really good as you can here anything from your bed.

The breakfast is good with the option of pancakes, waffles or omelets made at the time of your order.

Internet is free and you can have good speed for surfing the web and check emails.

The only downside is the service at reception. They don't have the Hilton customer service tradition. They are always like grumpy. I felt they were not comfortable when you ask them for something.

The hotel charges you 5 USD per package received for you and they also have hours schedule for you to pick up the packages. Therefore you have to plan your day and trip to be at the hotel in their schedule time to get your packages.

I think that if they are charging you for a package they should be able to give them to you anytime.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!