It seemed very clear during our stay that this hotel is frequented by many people flying into Miami to embark on a cruise (like us), so that's what I will tailor this review for... people with short stays, layovers, or looking to head to the Port of Miami.
This is a really nicely appointed hotel. We had a good experience overall... cleanliness was great, our rooms were fresh, extremely comfy beds, nicely appointed, and quiet (even with a wedding in house during our night). The pool area was clean and peaceful. The gym was had a good selection of new equipment. The things that make this location above and beyond the general layover hotel:
- Fridge and Microwave in rooms! Very nice if you come in late and purchase a frozen dinner from the convenience store downstairs.
- Guest Laundromat and Convenience Store - In case you need to do any laundry before or especially after a cruise. The only place we saw nearby to grab food was Denny's or a Chevron, so if you come in late, it was nice to have the convenience store to get a quick bite. They had Lean Cuisine's and Stouffers meals, so it's good for the whole family
- A $12/per person shuttle to the Port of Miami for people going on Cruises. Very convenient and simple
- Timely airport shuttle... we called the hotel, gave them our terminal, and waited about 15 min... not bad for Miami
- Bath and Body Works brand soaps in the bathroom... great quality and nice touch!
The breakfast in the morning was $11, we didn't partake, but it seemed popular. Lots of parking if you have a rental car.
The only thing that really displeased us was the night front desk person. When we arrived at the hotel, it was after 10 PM and we were locked out of the building. We rang the buzzer and waited LITERALLY 5 minutes until a party guest from the wedding let us in. We could see the front desk from the door and no one was there, and when we did come to the desk, it took another minute for someone to come out of the office. No apologies were offered. Even better... while checking in, I realize that I'm standing on a pile of broken glass... at the check in counter! I let the desk manager know there's tons of small pices of broken glass on the floor, and he says "Oh yeah, I know, someone just broke their wine glass but I don't know where they keep the brooms". Are you kidding me? There were a bunch of people drinking at the bar from the wedding in house, but that's no excuse. You are a front desk manager and you don't know where you keep brooms in your hotel? This would have severely lessened the rating of the hotel had the morning front desk staff not been completely awesome and helpful and made up for it.