“Pre Cruise Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 129 hotels in Miami
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Pre Cruise Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

stayed dec 9 before our cruise and had trouble free pickup at airport and check in was easy and had a few drinks at the bar and ate dinner and while not gourmet was very acceptable. room was clean and very nice and altho did hear a few flights overhead was able to sleep. There is a liquor store for pre cruise wine and Mcdonalds and wendy's across a very busy street but go out the hotel and turn right until you come to a red light intersection and you can safely cross there. We used the shuttle to the crruise port and cost was $12 per person. I checked into staying closer to the port but cost was prohibitive. The trip to port did not take long at all and if I cruise out of Miami in the future I will stay with the Hilton Garden Inn West again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 1st floor and head some airline noise but it was easy to get to the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

509 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Everything was fine with the hotel itself, but as a single traveler without a car I hated that there was really not many food options or stores within walking distance. I ate at a subpar expensive Peruvian restaurant nearby. The hotel offers a free shuttle every two hours to the Dolphin Mall (I just missed the shuttle and ending up spending 5 hours there, wandering like a person in the desert) and Walmart (you can kill 2 hrs in Wallyworld, trust me) and a free airport shuttle (check the times, it runs on the hour overnight). I probably should give this place higher stars but the lack of places to eat around there really irked me. Plus my bed was uncomfortable so it was probably some sleep deprivation that contributes to my unfavorable review. Staff was fine, hotel was clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the night before we flew out of MIA for Cuba. The hotel is very close to the airport with a good shuttle service. Because many people use this hotel for pre and post nights before flights, the staff are very good and reliable at wakeup calls and making sure that the guests are out the door in time for their flights. We also ate at the hotel cafe and were surprised at the good quality of the food. The rooms are clean and very up to date.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is superb!!! The decor is nice and updated. (Appearance is everything!) The rooms were nicely decorated, the bed was comfy and everything was clean as a whistle! The hotel staff greeted me with a smile and was courteous the entire time. They even called to check on me to see if I needed anything. Room service was just as great. As I was placing my order for room service over the phone, the lady noticed I sounded like a half man/half horse and she offered to make me a hot tea with lemons, honey. How awesome was that!!! The angus burger was yummy!!! I have no complaints about this hotel. It was the bomb!!! If I had to come back to Miami, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Hotel was recently renovated, and we had a wonderful upgraded room. Very modern. Price included a full buffet breakfast, with a wide selection of tasty 'beginnings' for the day. Staff were very courteous. We will definitely stay here again. Easy access to all points of interest, business, shopping and many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vale, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Convienent to airport, with timely shuttles. Workout room, business center, pool. Staff very friendly. Fresh cookies on checkin counter. Beds were hard and if your not use to that can be awkward. Free wireless. Wish there was a complementary breakfast.
We'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Recently stay at this property for a quick overnight and it is definately not a top of the line Hilton Garden Inn.
Waited in the exahust at curbside for 45 minutes for hotel van. Van driver told us restaurant/bar would be open until 11pm. It was about 10:30 when we arrived at hotel and restaurant closed at 10 and bar was getting ready to close. Front desk staff understood the issue and immediately gave us complimentary fresh meals from their store. They advised not to walk too far as the 36th street is dangerous due to traffic.
Bar ended up staying open later because there was alot of people there wanting to drink! Have to give the bartender and management credit, because they saw the demand and could have easily closed, but elected to say open.
Breakfast was very good, but the hotel was full and many people eating. The staff was very accomidating in opening new areas for guest to sit and eat.
Vans to the airport were completely full and a manager ended up driving another van, so they were several times able to adapt and fix their problems. It would have been so easy to shrug the shoulder, but they were very attentive to the problems and fixing.
Overall I would not seek out this property again, but if had to stay here, it would not be difficult. Once again, staff made it much better stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maria C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re sorry you experienced an undesirable stay with us in regards to our shuttle service. We are taking your feedback into consideration as we make improvements to our guest experience. I’m glad that our team was able to make accommodations and offer solutions to some of the road blocks you ran into. However, we’re sorry for any disappointments. We appreciate you letting us know and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Maria Cancino
Director of Operations
(305) 629-7701

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!