“another great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Rome, Italy
“another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Hotel was recently renovated, and we had a wonderful upgraded room. Very modern. Price included a full buffet breakfast, with a wide selection of tasty 'beginnings' for the day. Staff were very courteous. We will definitely stay here again. Easy access to all points of interest, business, shopping and many restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Vale, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Convienent to airport, with timely shuttles. Workout room, business center, pool. Staff very friendly. Fresh cookies on checkin counter. Beds were hard and if your not use to that can be awkward. Free wireless. Wish there was a complementary breakfast.
We'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Euless, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Recently stay at this property for a quick overnight and it is definately not a top of the line Hilton Garden Inn.
Waited in the exahust at curbside for 45 minutes for hotel van. Van driver told us restaurant/bar would be open until 11pm. It was about 10:30 when we arrived at hotel and restaurant closed at 10 and bar was getting ready to close. Front desk staff understood the issue and immediately gave us complimentary fresh meals from their store. They advised not to walk too far as the 36th street is dangerous due to traffic.
Bar ended up staying open later because there was alot of people there wanting to drink! Have to give the bartender and management credit, because they saw the demand and could have easily closed, but elected to say open.
Breakfast was very good, but the hotel was full and many people eating. The staff was very accomidating in opening new areas for guest to sit and eat.
Vans to the airport were completely full and a manager ended up driving another van, so they were several times able to adapt and fix their problems. It would have been so easy to shrug the shoulder, but they were very attentive to the problems and fixing.
Overall I would not seek out this property again, but if had to stay here, it would not be difficult. Once again, staff made it much better stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maria C, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re sorry you experienced an undesirable stay with us in regards to our shuttle service. We are taking your feedback into consideration as we make improvements to our guest experience. I’m glad that our team was able to make accommodations and offer solutions to some of the road blocks you ran into. However, we’re sorry for any disappointments. We appreciate you letting us know and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Maria Cancino
Director of Operations
(305) 629-7701
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I spent the week-end at this hotel while in transit and it worked very well for me. There is a shuttle that transports you to and from the airport, Dolphin Mall, Wal-mart, and I believe they also take you to the Miami cruise port. I had a nice room with a lovely view. There was a microwave in the room in addition to the little fridge and it had everything I needed for my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it for those in transit and for short stays in a quiet area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We like this hotel, it is easy to get to and by the airport but if you are looking for party central this is not the place. To visit dolphin mall, Walmart, target etc it is perfect - I think they will even drop you off at the mall if requested.

Room Tip: For rooms it is well worth up grading to a suite if you are going to be there for a couple of nights...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed one night at Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport as I decided to visit Gator Park and Miami Zoo before my flight back to NYC. The hotel was easy to find just off the highway and had ample free parking space. There was basically nothing to see around the hotel but the Dolphin Mall was just a short drive away. There were also a few eating places (McDonald's, Denny's and Wendy's) across the road from the hotel.

Staff was friendly. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Facilities and amenities were very much the standard fare across all Garden Inn brand hotels. The only thing missing was an in-room safe. Free Wifi throughout the hotel. The pool area was nice with a hot spa pool.

MIA is a busy airport and the hotel was situated right under the landing route so expect to have aircrafts flying constantly above your room. My room was on the top floor (7th) and what I experienced was some occasional whizzing from the window which did not bother me at all (to me the sound of the air conditioner was more annoying).

In all, a nice, good value for money hotel near to Miami Airport.

Room Tip: Room facing the back parking (instead of the front main parking lot) might be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here during a training class at the hotel. The staff upon checking in was warm and greeted me with a "we've been expecting you". Nice to hear after a long day of work followed by a flight with a late arrival at the airport. The room was clean and comfortable. I ordered room service and had a surprisingly delicious cheeseburger that was so big and juicy that I didn't even notice the fries. After that burger the night before I did make my way to the fitness center which was clean and well-equipped with 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine and free weights. I do like that it has a private bathroom. Breakfast had everything you would expect with good healthy options along with your typical breakfast foods. The meeting space was comfortable and the best thing about the meeting experience was the banquet captain Raymond. He was so attentive to our needs and cared so much about our comfort that I would have felt uncomfortable not to mention his efforts. Kudos for whoever hired him! One evening the Front Office Manager, Colleen, recommended a restaurant just across the street, El Pollo Inka, which was delicious and will have its own review soon. But I have to say all of the staff here know their local cuisine and will make sure to direct you to where to get some. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and would most definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business