“Close to Miami airport, good service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 25%
Ranked #35 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Birmingham, Alabama
“Close to Miami airport, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I spent the week-end at this hotel while in transit and it worked very well for me. There is a shuttle that transports you to and from the airport, Dolphin Mall, Wal-mart, and I believe they also take you to the Miami cruise port. I had a nice room with a lovely view. There was a microwave in the room in addition to the little fridge and it had everything I needed for my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it for those in transit and for short stays in a quiet area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cayman Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We like this hotel, it is easy to get to and by the airport but if you are looking for party central this is not the place. To visit dolphin mall, Walmart, target etc it is perfect - I think they will even drop you off at the mall if requested.

Room Tip: For rooms it is well worth up grading to a suite if you are going to be there for a couple of nights...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed one night at Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport as I decided to visit Gator Park and Miami Zoo before my flight back to NYC. The hotel was easy to find just off the highway and had ample free parking space. There was basically nothing to see around the hotel but the Dolphin Mall was just a short drive away. There were also a few eating places (McDonald's, Denny's and Wendy's) across the road from the hotel.

Staff was friendly. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Facilities and amenities were very much the standard fare across all Garden Inn brand hotels. The only thing missing was an in-room safe. Free Wifi throughout the hotel. The pool area was nice with a hot spa pool.

MIA is a busy airport and the hotel was situated right under the landing route so expect to have aircrafts flying constantly above your room. My room was on the top floor (7th) and what I experienced was some occasional whizzing from the window which did not bother me at all (to me the sound of the air conditioner was more annoying).

In all, a nice, good value for money hotel near to Miami Airport.

Room Tip: Room facing the back parking (instead of the front main parking lot) might be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here during a training class at the hotel. The staff upon checking in was warm and greeted me with a "we've been expecting you". Nice to hear after a long day of work followed by a flight with a late arrival at the airport. The room was clean and comfortable. I ordered room service and had a surprisingly delicious cheeseburger that was so big and juicy that I didn't even notice the fries. After that burger the night before I did make my way to the fitness center which was clean and well-equipped with 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine and free weights. I do like that it has a private bathroom. Breakfast had everything you would expect with good healthy options along with your typical breakfast foods. The meeting space was comfortable and the best thing about the meeting experience was the banquet captain Raymond. He was so attentive to our needs and cared so much about our comfort that I would have felt uncomfortable not to mention his efforts. Kudos for whoever hired him! One evening the Front Office Manager, Colleen, recommended a restaurant just across the street, El Pollo Inka, which was delicious and will have its own review soon. But I have to say all of the staff here know their local cuisine and will make sure to direct you to where to get some. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and would most definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Glastonbury, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

When visiting Miami, make sure you plan ahead where you want to be. If you are the club hopping, dance all night, beach going, etc., etc people., then you will like to be in a hotel downtown or on South Beach. Considering we had a car and most of our activities were near the hotel, we chose to stay here. It's a good hotel with a nice caring staff, but there are some things that are irksome:

1. We stayed in a suite and the room/atmosphere was bland. The hallway has a colorful and vibrant carpet and wall covering but the room is a dull yellow pale. Other than that, it was spacious with a separate living room area, a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee machine.
2. Our toilet broke twice during our stay and when we went to call the front desk our phone was also broken.
3. Breakfast service varies day by day. The two servers and cooks vary greatly in their attitude and type of service.

As much as these were irksome, the one thing that really rubbed us the wrong way was when we asked if the shuttle would be willing to drop us off at Miami Stadium ten minutes away and we were told no. Understandable its not a service they normally provide but as Hilton Honor members (and that shouldn't even matter) any hotel we stayed at before has always been willing to go above and beyond to show their appreciation to their guests. We could understand if there were busy and such, but it was clear they weren't. Again, just she's us this hotel is unwilling to go above and beyond for their guests.

One last note: the pool was nice after spending a long day out in the sun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel, and our experience was wonderful - the staff at the frontdesk were friendly and efficient - I liked the extra touch that upon check-in - offering a beverage from the minimarket! - Our room was ready, clean and well appointed. The King size Bed was firm and comfortable. The step-in shower was a welcome change from the standard small bath tubs that you have to dangerously climb into and gave the small bathroom a roomier feeling. I only have one comment that I personally found the airco to be alittle noisy at times. The breakfast bar was well stocked and the freshly made-to-order omelets a treat! We rented a car, and the location of the hotel is perfect for shopping combined with business. We would definitely stay here again in furture, it has all you need - free wifi, free parking, great location, great breakfast, good rooms and a very nice staff!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 717, where I thought that the A/C unit was a little noisy - but other than that pe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is perfect for the overnight layover at MIA.

The property is clean and quiet. The staff is very nice. The WiFi is free and fast.

Most importantly, the free shuttles between the hotel run regularly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!