“Great Place for a Meeting” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 25%
Ranked #30 of 130 hotels in Miami
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great Place for a Meeting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here during a training class at the hotel. The staff upon checking in was warm and greeted me with a "we've been expecting you". Nice to hear after a long day of work followed by a flight with a late arrival at the airport. The room was clean and comfortable. I ordered room service and had a surprisingly delicious cheeseburger that was so big and juicy that I didn't even notice the fries. After that burger the night before I did make my way to the fitness center which was clean and well-equipped with 2 treadmills, an elliptical machine and free weights. I do like that it has a private bathroom. Breakfast had everything you would expect with good healthy options along with your typical breakfast foods. The meeting space was comfortable and the best thing about the meeting experience was the banquet captain Raymond. He was so attentive to our needs and cared so much about our comfort that I would have felt uncomfortable not to mention his efforts. Kudos for whoever hired him! One evening the Front Office Manager, Colleen, recommended a restaurant just across the street, El Pollo Inka, which was delicious and will have its own review soon. But I have to say all of the staff here know their local cuisine and will make sure to direct you to where to get some. I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and would most definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Glastonbury, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

When visiting Miami, make sure you plan ahead where you want to be. If you are the club hopping, dance all night, beach going, etc., etc people., then you will like to be in a hotel downtown or on South Beach. Considering we had a car and most of our activities were near the hotel, we chose to stay here. It's a good hotel with a nice caring staff, but there are some things that are irksome:

1. We stayed in a suite and the room/atmosphere was bland. The hallway has a colorful and vibrant carpet and wall covering but the room is a dull yellow pale. Other than that, it was spacious with a separate living room area, a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee machine.
2. Our toilet broke twice during our stay and when we went to call the front desk our phone was also broken.
3. Breakfast service varies day by day. The two servers and cooks vary greatly in their attitude and type of service.

As much as these were irksome, the one thing that really rubbed us the wrong way was when we asked if the shuttle would be willing to drop us off at Miami Stadium ten minutes away and we were told no. Understandable its not a service they normally provide but as Hilton Honor members (and that shouldn't even matter) any hotel we stayed at before has always been willing to go above and beyond to show their appreciation to their guests. We could understand if there were busy and such, but it was clear they weren't. Again, just she's us this hotel is unwilling to go above and beyond for their guests.

One last note: the pool was nice after spending a long day out in the sun.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel, and our experience was wonderful - the staff at the frontdesk were friendly and efficient - I liked the extra touch that upon check-in - offering a beverage from the minimarket! - Our room was ready, clean and well appointed. The King size Bed was firm and comfortable. The step-in shower was a welcome change from the standard small bath tubs that you have to dangerously climb into and gave the small bathroom a roomier feeling. I only have one comment that I personally found the airco to be alittle noisy at times. The breakfast bar was well stocked and the freshly made-to-order omelets a treat! We rented a car, and the location of the hotel is perfect for shopping combined with business. We would definitely stay here again in furture, it has all you need - free wifi, free parking, great location, great breakfast, good rooms and a very nice staff!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 717, where I thought that the A/C unit was a little noisy - but other than that pe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is perfect for the overnight layover at MIA.

The property is clean and quiet. The staff is very nice. The WiFi is free and fast.

Most importantly, the free shuttles between the hotel run regularly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights while in the area. The front desk staff was very friendly. I found my room to be large AND fairy clean. The food AND staff at the American Grill was great. I am a Hilton Diamond member AND I was very pleased with the service I received while I was a guest.Coleen was really nice, friendly AND helpful. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in the area. To the staff at HGI Miami airport west I would like to say thank you for a great enjoyable stay from check in to checkout.

• Stayed June 2012
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We stayed here in early June. The property was immaculate, our room was very spacious, and, without exception, all of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. My husband travels with his job and stays in many hotels. He commented that this was one of the nicest. We asked for extra pillows and they were brought to our room promptly.
The pool was clean and it was fun to watch the planes come in directly over us. They have a hot tub and we even noticed that they had a special chair that could be lowered into the water, making the pool handicapped accessible.
The breakfast was outstanding. Not free, but definitely worth the extra cost. Made to order omelets, bacon, pastries.....everything was delicious. We had a wonderful dinner at the Cuban restaurant across the street.
We travel to Miami fairly often because our daughter's surgeon is at Miami Children's Hospital. This is the second time to stay at this hotel and we were treated so nicely that we will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Grimstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The hotel had nice rooms and we liked the breakfast. It had fruit, juices, oatmeal, cerials, egg and brown bagels. They also had the muffins etc for those who like sweets for breakfast. The hotel was easy to find with our GPS. The location is good if you want to be near the airport, but otherwise it is a dead place. You cannot walk out and look around, you need a car to go somewhere. We went to Hollywood and that was very easy.(30 min). We were happy with our stay :-)

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!